can someone tell me why

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2009 1:34 PM

this zebra paint job came out so nice? wouldnt the green show through the white? i found these and it looks awesome so i wanna do these colors but i thought the green would show through the white. any help?


http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/razorrider48/0722071740a.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/razorrider48/0722071743.jpg

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark





text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

11/3/2009 1:37 PM

You paint the white first,then mask and spray the green

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

11/3/2009 1:38 PM

he propably did the white coats first and then the green

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

11/3/2009 1:40 PM

brentrides wrote:

he propably did the white coats first and then the green

yeah but how? thats alot of tape youd have to use wouldnt it be? like wouldnt he had to take the whole frame up and just leave the small spots where the green is?

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark





text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

11/3/2009 1:44 PM

multiple coats of white

|

Maintenance guy at The Railyard Bike Park in Rogers, Arkansas

facebook.com/TheRailyardAR/
Insta @the_railyard

facebook.com/tedhuie
Insta @ted_danger

11/3/2009 1:45 PM

tedhuie wrote:

multiple coats of white

would that work good? i deff wanna do this color scheme but i dont wanna go into it blindly i wanna do it right so it can come out good

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark





text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

11/3/2009 2:29 PM

White first

|

11/3/2009 2:45 PM

My friend Peyton had a black frame and did a zebra paint job. He didnt paint it white first, he just taped it then painted white. Then clearcoated.

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!


And I ride for my niggas

11/3/2009 2:47 PM

The more I look at this,I think he did the green first.Seems odd that he put all that time into it and sprayed over the seat post clamp and seat

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

11/3/2009 2:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2009 2:54 PM

bloghogs wrote:

The more I look at this,I think he did the green first.Seems odd that he put all that time into it and sprayed over the seat post clamp and seat

yeah, but i like the ht design (fit logo)

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207


First MOTM 12/2010

11/3/2009 2:56 PM

he sprayed green first other wise that writign would be shit hard

|

Biggest troll.

11/3/2009 2:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:44 PM

i can tell you right now he did the green first

[LINK TO IMAGE]

if black doesnt come through
green wont either

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

11/3/2009 2:57 PM

that looks dope

|

11/3/2009 3:25 PM

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

i can tell you right now he did the green first

[LINK TO IMAGE]

if black doesnt come through
green wont either

youre the one who sent me the email awhile ago about how to do this paint job good! dude do you know if you still have that email? because i think i deleted it by accident

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark





text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

11/3/2009 3:26 PM

shits ugly

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]
myspace.com/ride4blue
[LINK TO IMAGE]

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination.

11/3/2009 3:34 PM

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

i can tell you right now he did the green first

[LINK TO IMAGE]

if black doesnt come through
green wont either

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

youre the one who sent me the email awhile ago about how to do this paint job good! dude do you know if you still have that email? because i think i deleted it by accident

ill check real quick i should have it i dont delete my sent

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

11/3/2009 3:35 PM

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

i can tell you right now he did the green first

[LINK TO IMAGE]

if black doesnt come through
green wont either

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

youre the one who sent me the email awhile ago about how to do this paint job good! dude do you know if you still have that email? because i think i deleted it by accident

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

ill check real quick i should have it i dont delete my sent

aright if you still have it id appreciatte it if you could resend it to me!

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark





text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

11/3/2009 3:43 PM

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

youre the one who sent me the email awhile ago about how to do this paint job good! dude do you know if you still have that email? because i think i deleted it by accident

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

ill check real quick i should have it i dont delete my sent

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

aright if you still have it id appreciatte it if you could resend it to me!

im just gonna put it on here cause my email deleted it

ok so first you raw the frame

then put a coat of primer on
then 3 coats of black ( give em a few hours in between each coat)

WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU PUT THE STRIPES ON

then use blue painters tape and what i did was put strips of the tape on a 2x4 then cut the stripes out
then stripe the frame

then 3 coats of white....then wait another 24 hours
then pull the tape off

then comes the clear coat

i put atleast 8 coats on with 12 hours between each coat
then wait 24 hours for the clear coat to dry before assembling

then there you go
zebra bike!

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

11/3/2009 3:52 PM

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

im just gonna put it on here cause my email deleted it

ok so first you raw the frame

then put a coat of primer on
then 3 coats of black ( give em a few hours in between each coat)

WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU PUT THE STRIPES ON

then use blue painters tape and what i did was put strips of the tape on a 2x4 then cut the stripes out
then stripe the frame

then 3 coats of white....then wait another 24 hours
then pull the tape off

then comes the clear coat

i put atleast 8 coats on with 12 hours between each coat
then wait 24 hours for the clear coat to dry before assembling

then there you go
zebra bike!

thanks alot mann

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark





text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

11/3/2009 4:01 PM

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

aright if you still have it id appreciatte it if you could resend it to me!

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

im just gonna put it on here cause my email deleted it

ok so first you raw the frame

then put a coat of primer on
then 3 coats of black ( give em a few hours in between each coat)

WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU PUT THE STRIPES ON

then use blue painters tape and what i did was put strips of the tape on a 2x4 then cut the stripes out
then stripe the frame

then 3 coats of white....then wait another 24 hours
then pull the tape off

then comes the clear coat

i put atleast 8 coats on with 12 hours between each coat
then wait 24 hours for the clear coat to dry before assembling

then there you go
zebra bike!

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

thanks alot mann

youre quite welcome sir

|

Bike Check
#Merica.

11/3/2009 5:40 PM

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

ill check real quick i should have it i dont delete my sent

xlilkillaluc15x wrote:

aright if you still have it id appreciatte it if you could resend it to me!

DIMEBAG93 wrote:

im just gonna put it on here cause my email deleted it

ok so first you raw the frame

then put a coat of primer on
then 3 coats of black ( give em a few hours in between each coat)

WAIT 24 HOURS BEFORE YOU PUT THE STRIPES ON

then use blue painters tape and what i did was put strips of the tape on a 2x4 then cut the stripes out
then stripe the frame

then 3 coats of white....then wait another 24 hours
then pull the tape off

then comes the clear coat

i put atleast 8 coats on with 12 hours between each coat
then wait 24 hours for the clear coat to dry before assembling

then there you go
zebra bike!

So if I do math correctly, and you waited 12 hours between coasts of clear etc, you spent like 8 days on this?

24*3=72
8*12=96
72+96=168 hours NOT including the extra for the few hours between each coat of white and black

168/24=7 DAYS

Factor in the few hours between coats (few is 3 in my mind)
3*3=9 for the white
3*3=9 for the black
9+9=18
168+18=186
186/24=7.75 DAYS FOR THIS PAINT JOB

That seems like a LONG ass time for a paint job. Granted it's pretty cool, but still. I can't go that long without riding, especially if the weather is good enough for it. (my luck it would be til I got it together, then rain.)
I would do a light sanding between each paint coat (before the striping) just to get the little bit of clear coat the put into gloss paint.

Kudos on your patience!


|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2009 6:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 10:44 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

So if I do math correctly, and you waited 12 hours between coasts of clear etc, you spent like 8 days on this?

24*3=72
8*12=96
72+96=168 hours NOT including the extra for the few hours between each coat of white and black

168/24=7 DAYS

Factor in the few hours between coats (few is 3 in my mind)
3*3=9 for the white
3*3=9 for the black
9+9=18
168+18=186
186/24=7.75 DAYS FOR THIS PAINT JOB

That seems like a LONG ass time for a paint job. Granted it's pretty cool, but still. I can't go that long without riding, especially if the weather is good enough for it. (my luck it would be til I got it together, then rain.)
I would do a light sanding between each paint coat (before the striping) just to get the little bit of clear coat the put into gloss paint.

Kudos on your patience!


dude it was probrobly about 8 days

haha there was a few days where i didnt touch the thing either


but i wanted it to look good and we had all the time i needed

so why not give it as much time possible



haha if he wanted to ride he just rode my bike...when i started on the frame we didnt even have all the parts to build it up....and it rained the whole week i did it so it didnt matter anyways hahahaha

|

Bike Check
#Merica.