can you spray paint over a chrome rim

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2009 6:44 AM

????

|

HPP::: Hella Phat Pussy

11/17/2009 8:07 AM

yes you can and it will last. if you dont do put brakes on it.

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

11/17/2009 10:15 AM

keane_str_2112 wrote:

This. Just clear coat the FUCK out of it. And sand the rim some first, and put primer on it. When it scratches it'll be all pretty like too.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2009 10:21 AM

keane_str_2112 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This. Just clear coat the FUCK out of it. And sand the rim some first, and put primer on it. When it scratches it'll be all ...more

You do all of that? I spray painted my back rim a wail ago. Well really I was just trying to get the spokes, cuz they were this ugly brown. And for some random reason, everyone kept trying to tell me they were rusted?? Anyways, I put duct tape over the braking surfes and spray painted everything else. So the inner part of the rim is now black. It doenst look any diff.
Plus, I have some friends at home who just sprayed there rims. It came off just like it would normaly...? Like anyother colored rim. expect black. Lol...

|

I ride to live!
For the street niggas livin with they lives on the line
For young guns comin up durin these times
For police who find drugs let niggas slide
For niggas out slingin like 4 in the night

11/17/2009 10:40 AM

nahhh dude.. i painted my back wheel like 4 months ago..flat purple.. didnt sand it didnt do shit but clean it off... put like 5 thick coats on that bitch and it hasnt flaked or scratched yet.. take ur tire off and paint that beast

|

team fatcats fer life.

11/17/2009 12:10 PM

ferthebirdz wrote:

nahhh dude.. i painted my back wheel like 4 months ago..flat purple.. didnt sand it didnt do shit but clean it off... put like ...more

I mean if you want the paint to stick well, and if you have brakes.

I would do more thin coats so it doesn't bubble or drip or run and look shitty. But that's me. I like to make it look good.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2009 4:27 PM

keane_str_2112 wrote:

yep what he sed

|

I WILL SLAY YOU MAN NO IM JUST JOSHING AROUND

11/17/2009 4:30 PM

yeah if you run brakes its a different story i believe.. i dont run brakes so..all i ever did was take my tire off whipe it down and spray her down..

|

team fatcats fer life.

11/17/2009 4:34 PM

sand till all the chromes off, prime, spray, clear coat alot, let it dry for a while, no brakes

|

NEXT bikes all god damn day

11/17/2009 4:35 PM

keane_str_2112 wrote:

bigfootbmx33 wrote:

yep what he sed

Shut up you know nothing!

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

11/18/2009 3:12 AM

look just take it to a local powder coating house and it should only cost around 30 for 1 rim.its a little more expensive than a rattle can but it wont wear off anytime soon.rattle can will wear off soon enough no matter what u do.and if you talk to them down a little you can usually get a multi part discount if you want to paint match any other parts

|

$o Cal Dave Rider4L S&M4L TPL4L HSL4L
Any day riding is a better day than at work!