cant bunny hop correctly

Related:
Create New Tag

11/18/2020 9:59 AM

so I can bunny hop. but only the way where you bring both tires up at the same time. and that won't get me up anywhere. I'm trying to learn how to bring the front wheel to the back wheel but I always bring both up at the same time. Any tips on how to do it?

|

hi

11/18/2020 10:05 AM

Try to lean back a little and pull the bars up as the front wheel reaches up you push forward while using your feet to pull the back end up . Doing it with both wheels sucks and can hurt your back

|

11/18/2020 10:30 AM

ok ill try that thanks

|

hi

11/18/2020 10:40 AM

I do like I am doing wheelie, when I'm up in the front I bring my feet up and I push the bike forward for the hop.

|

11/18/2020 1:38 PM

the VERY first part of a bunnyhop is the same as a manual so working on trying to pull up just your front wheel, without even trying to lift your rear tire should help you get the motion down.

Try riding up curbs but riding at them and lifting your front tire first. Don't worry about getting the hop part. Just get that first motion of lifting your front tire. Having a curb or something to aim for can help focus on just the front wheel and not the back wheel..

|

11/18/2020 2:05 PM

Learning little manuals helps. Or, if you’ve got a rear brake, do an endo against a wall, pull your brake, lower your back wheel, as it touches the floor, use the momentum and pull up the front, and hop on just the back wheel. See how many times you can hop before dropping the front. Back in the day it probably had a name but I’m not an old schooler. So you’re literally using your back brake to stay stationary, and with your weight keep the front up, and hop, a bit like being on a pogo stick.

Learning to hop up and over things will help too. Generally, until you learn to get good pop, your back wheel will only ever go as high as you can get your front wheel

|

11/18/2020 4:43 PM

watch videos. i had to watch someone else do it first. try going off ramps too.

|

11/18/2020 9:59 PM

pnj wrote:

the VERY first part of a bunnyhop is the same as a manual so working on trying to pull up just your front wheel, without even ...more

This is exactly how I learned recently. Right now just focus on getting your front wheel up. I was doing about ten reps straight just getting my front wheel up. resting and doing it again.

|

11/19/2020 5:35 AM

One thing that's very underrated to learn new tricks in my opinion is watching videos of the said trick in slowmo. Helps you see the little things that make a difference...

|

11/19/2020 6:57 AM

i seriously used to have this problem. i couldn't freaking figure it out! it really is about how high the front goes, jumping and BEND YOUR KNEES on the way up while pushing your bars up and out! watch the pros approach a rail or something.

|

11/19/2020 6:58 AM

ghostrider920 wrote:

i seriously used to have this problem. i couldn't freaking figure it out! it really is about how high the front goes, jumping ...more

oh and you can't do it sitting still. just won't happen. maybe try some sick flatland tricks!

|

11/19/2020 11:26 AM

bmxguy3334 wrote:

so I can bunny hop. but only the way where you bring both tires up at the same time. and that won't get me up anywhere. I'm ...more

hey man, any progress?

|

11/19/2020 3:25 PM

Practice it took me 6 months to get up the 3 inch manual pad without blowing my tube

|