can't find Break Cable Stopper that fits on Subrosa Help??

Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2017 5:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2017 6:13 AM

Recently i bought some breaks for my subrosa malum, breaks, cables, subrosa break mount kit, breal levers, whatever.
But when i was assembling it i noticed that i didnt have the piece that fits on the threaded hole you see in the photo Photo

My first thought was to google and search for that part but apparently that thing doesnt exist on this earth!
Only thing i found that looks like what i need is gyro tabs, but i know thats not it since i have one from the break mount kit, which is a completelly diferent thing.

Any ideas?
Cheers!

|

6/4/2017 6:19 AM

A gyro tab can fit there, did you try it? If not you might have to call up Subrosa

|

6/4/2017 6:33 AM

Super-Pawl wrote:

A gyro tab can fit there, did you try it? If not you might have to call up Subrosa

yeah mate, i tried the one gyro tab that came with the subrosa break mount kit, which doesnt fit since the screw is smaller than the actual hole itself. those gyro tabs go into the front head tube.
I did sent them an email but its sunday so im still waiting for a reply and see what they say.

|

6/4/2017 7:27 AM

They come with the mount kit. Maybe yours was just missing from the kit?

|

6/4/2017 7:48 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

They come with the mount kit. Maybe yours was just missing from the kit?

na man, every mount kit i found for sale come with the gyro tabs.
The subrosa break mount kit comes with 1, and it would make sense that it would be the piece that goes in there, and the kit i got was actually complete with all the parts that comes with, however, apparently the subrosa malum threaded hole does not fit those tabs, which is super strange! it should do! i guess its a diferent piece for the malums...

|

6/5/2017 8:31 AM

Use zip ties until you find the right part.

|

6/5/2017 9:01 AM

Yeah that little cable stop is the one that should work. Maybe yours is more like the fbm one?
Photo

|

6/5/2017 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2017 11:13 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Yeah that little cable stop is the one that should work. Maybe yours is more like the fbm one?
Photo

Yeah! i contacted Subrosa and they figured it out. So apparently the subrosa break kit would be what you need if you have an aftermarket frame! for Complete bikes like the Malum you need that bolt you just comented, in the picture.

For some reason i couldn't find that ANYWERE! every break kit i found had the gyro tab instead of that one!
Oh well. issue resolved. now i'll have to order that part aswell but for some reason i can't find that in the UK, only US stores!

|