chain

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2008 2:33 PM

can you run your chain really tight cause i got 25-9 and a 06 proper proclaimer frame and if you have the chain even slightest bit loose it bangs on the frame

mymates reckon you canrun a chain really tight but doesnt it do damage to the berings and stuff

|

6/27/2008 2:35 PM

find the middle ground man. not bangin the frame and not kinkin the chain. that's where you want it. now if u have tights spots like me and have no clue why, thats another story.

|

6/27/2008 2:36 PM

i wouldnt run it extremely tight, try to get it as loose as possible without it hitting the frame

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

6/27/2008 2:39 PM

will it do any damage to the back wheel

|

6/27/2008 2:44 PM

if its really tight? yes but try to make it as loose as possible without hitting frame

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

6/27/2008 2:51 PM

my chain does the same thing and I found middle ground or split the difference or whatever. But if you can't do it because of a tight spot or what ever and you hate the sound like I did, or want to protect your chainstay just cut a strip of cardboard and tape it in place so the chain hits it, instead of the chainstay. It seams silly but its protects the frame, quites the ding sound, is a light, cheap, and easy way to fix it. I used black electrical tape and covered the cardboard after taping down both sides. The tape stays on forever, and you couldn't really notice it. Plus electrical tape comes in like 3 or four different colors. Hope you don't have to do it though, no big deal if you do either. LOL L8

|

6/27/2008 3:35 PM

if you are pulling your rear dropouts in when you tighten your wheel down, toss in a spacer on the drive side. That might help that chain rub/ding some, and then go tight enough so it doesnt hit, but loose enough not to kink or slow rotation down by being too tight.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/27/2008 3:40 PM

i run a slammed back wheel and homemade wheel slammers made of a coke can
just slammed the chain was kinda loose so i put a small piece of can between the axle and the drop out, with the piece of can folded in 2 the chain was not too tight and not too loose... you should try something like this cause running a super tight chain is gonna get your sprocket fucked up and the driver bearings too... if you run it in a mid tightness you will give a longer life to your parts.

|