chain alignment problems

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2016 4:11 PM

I think my bike has a wider bb than most bikes or its something else either way my chainring sits too far out and I got it as close the frame as possible to the point where my drive bolt rubs against my frame

|

4/18/2016 4:41 PM

Sounds like you need spline drive.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/18/2016 5:00 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Sounds like you need spline drive.

Yeah that is a good one I'll consider that one but I cant get a chainring atm lol

|

4/18/2016 5:23 PM

Not an ideal way to fix it, but if you have access to some power tools and have some skills/confidence in using them you could grind down the drive bolt somehow until it clears. A lathe would make it easy, but it could be done with a drill press and a file, or even a hand held drill and a grinder of some kind, if you're handy, and careful about how you do it. You would have to be careful not to take it down so far that the Allen wrench will strip out the socket, in any event.

|

4/19/2016 5:38 AM

Maybe swap the bolt out for a flat one instead of a tapered one?

|

4/23/2016 11:23 PM

loosegrips wrote:

Not an ideal way to fix it, but if you have access to some power tools and have some skills/confidence in using them you could grind down the drive bolt somehow until it clears. A lathe would make it easy, but it could be done with a drill press and a file, or even a hand held drill and a grinder of some kind, if you're handy, and careful about how you do it. You would have to be careful not to take it down so far that the Allen wrench will strip out the socket, in any event.

Yea dont have any many tools and the chainring is pretty damn close to

|

4/24/2016 12:22 AM

Buy a small spacer or find one.

|