chain stay length thread 50k

Related:
Create New Tag

2/12/2015 7:56 AM

would 12.5 chain stay use the same gear ratios as 13.5 ?

27/9 slammed without half link
25/9 with half link

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

2/12/2015 8:12 AM

Ignoring chain stretch:

Chain Stay 12.5 inches
Front chain ring 27 teeth
rear cog 9 teeth
wheel size 20 inches
Gear inches 60
number of links 34.5
Actual CS 12.66928356 inches

Chain Stay 12.5 inches
Front chain ring 25 teeth
rear cog 9 teeth
wheel size 20 inches
Gear inches 55.55555556
number of links 34
Actual CS 12.68626663 inches

Chain Stay 13.5 inches
rear cog 9 teeth
wheel size 20 inches
Gear inches 60
number of links 36.5
Actual CS 13.67518724 inches

Chain Stay 13.5 inches
Front chain ring 25 teeth
rear cog 9 teeth
wheel size 20 inches
Gear inches 55.55555556
number of links 36
Actual CS 13.69092258 inches

Sorry this is so ugly, but it's kinda hard to format.

|

2/12/2015 10:04 AM

tecnic1 wrote:

Ignoring chain stretch:

Chain Stay 12.5 inches
rear cog 9 teeth
wheel size 20 inches
Gear inches 60 ...more

thank you so much thats the best answer ive ever gotten on here

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

2/12/2015 10:35 AM

Gear ratio and chainstay length don't really correlate unless you are looking for exact measurements like above. But technically you can run any ratio on any chainstay length if you don't mind not SLAMMING the chain. Personally I run middle of the drops so I can get my wheel off without breaking my chain.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/12/2015 11:04 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Gear ratio and chainstay length don't really correlate unless you are looking for exact measurements like above. But ...more

i use the crank method and i have the the keychain is easily removed because of its awesome Allen key master link, female rear hub also can make it a breeze to change tubes tires wheel swop ect

i understand chains stretch and what not but for best feel and reliability its best to have it in the drop outs as much as possible

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

2/12/2015 11:45 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

i use the crank method and i have the the keychain is easily removed because of its awesome Allen key master link, female rear ...more

Honestly I haven't had a wheel move in years, with male axles. Not really sure why others do. mine I ALWAYS aim for the middle. To each their own though.

Never had an issue with feel or reliability either.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/12/2015 2:10 PM

People who worry about their axle being slammed have way to much sand in their vaginas

|