chainline help

Related:
Create New Tag

10/9/2016 9:32 PM

My chain keeps going tight then loose. I am 99 percent sure its the chainline because i got a brand new chain and sprocket and it still kept happening. How am i suppose to line up the chainline properly? i have spent like an hour trying to get the spacers right, when the tight spot becomes a bit better then one crank arm is close to the frame and the other one is far away from the frame so its not an equal length apart. Is this okay if one arm is closer to the frame than the other? And any tips on fixing this problem?
Cheers

|

10/9/2016 11:21 PM

mrbmxerforlife112 wrote:

My chain keeps going tight then loose. I am 99 percent sure its the chainline because i got a brand new chain and sprocket and ...more

I have the same exact problem, on 2 bikes
Bought new rear hubs, new cranks, new BBs new spline drive sprockets and new chains...the tight and loose spots are still there.
I just gave up smile)
And I'm tightening the chain taking in consideration the tight spot...

|

10/9/2016 11:44 PM

A wafty chainline won't affect the tension in that way. It's either a section of the chain has been stretched, or the sprocket is bent or warped. To the op, if it's not spline drive it could be deflection caused by the sprocket bolt, or the tophat washer

|