Éclat Crank updates for 2014

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2013 1:37 PM

They've updated their Onyx and Tibia sets, also finally released their new alloy Mavericks. Take a glance if you're interested.

Onyx:
"The Onyx cranks from éclat are our finest and the most inventive crmo cranks yet. For 2014 they have undergone a serious makeover in the shape of a 24mm spindle, a spline drive only version and oh yer now use a regular 3pc design. The arms, still use the same invest cast boss design at the spindle and pedal ends. We have also updated the welding for improved strength, these cranks are designed to take the strain, stress and power of today’s most fierce riders."

Tibia:
"The Tibia cranks from éclat offer the function and simplicity of a two-piece design, but stay true to the proven splined design of three-piece cranks. The Tibia cranks feature a slim arm design, constructed of 4130 crmo arms and spindle. The Tibia cranks go together smoothly, stay secure and won’t let you down. For 2014 the Tibias have had a little update with a new welding that further increases their strength."

Maverick:
Behold the MAVERICK cranks. These cranks are all about strength, as anyone who’s ever snapped a pair of cranks will know, its usually at the welding where things let go. This is where alloy comes into its own, being able to forge in a 3D shape means you can avoid the welding, and therefore the weak spot. What’s totally unique about the Mavericks is their use of a regular 48 spline. Until now alloy cranks were only available with a mountain bike style square spindle and a pinch bolt on the arm. We wanted to raise the bar and clean up the looks, and thanks to a heat treated crmo insert into the alloy its all been made possible.

The spindle boss has received the same treatment, and a new approach to the design of this area means troublesome threads are a thing of the past.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/1/2013 3:01 PM

I know the Onyx and Maverick cranks are sick.

I'd run the Onyx because they seem stronger and the design I like , plus it's chromo. The Mavericks look sick but the alloy pedal boss would sketch me out

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/1/2013 4:45 PM

Damn looks like Éclat is really working on perfection-ing their already close to perfect cranks.
I'm impressed.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

12/1/2013 5:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/1/2013 5:20 PM

Theres some sexy shit this year, love eclats stuff, my favourite parts company along with animal.
That acidized black stuff is just wow.

Also I read the other day that the eclat blind freecoaster is gonna be out in march & will be available in oil slick, people are going to be all over that shit.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

12/1/2013 5:26 PM

All the money shadow is making off the noctis cranks us gone. Those maverick cranks. I want some. RIGHT NOW.

|

12/1/2013 5:37 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

All the money shadow is making off the noctis cranks us gone. Those maverick cranks. I want some. RIGHT NOW.

what money? I'm sure about 10 people have bought them.

|

12/1/2013 6:00 PM

Fuck 48 spline.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/2/2013 3:31 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

Only 9 owners now, poor Harrison passed away few days ago.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

12/2/2013 6:22 PM

andyferly wrote:

didn't some subrosa completes come with the noctis?

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/2/2013 7:18 PM

RiverSideRider wrote:

andyferly wrote:

one try kid wrote:

didn't some subrosa completes come with the noctis?

The highend subrosa. i have a set of noctis that i plan to use. they seem really nice.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

12/3/2013 9:11 AM

do you guys know exactly when all these parts are gonna drop? i freakin want those cranks

|

12/3/2013 9:19 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

RiverSideRider wrote:

I have them, and the feel really nice.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/3/2013 9:25 AM

I shall be owning 170mm Maverick Cranks in Polished after X-Mas!

|

12/3/2013 11:08 PM

Topsey wrote:

I shall be owning 170mm Maverick Cranks in Polished after X-Mas!

My plan exactly! lol It'd be nice if they offered a 165mm version as well.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

12/3/2013 11:15 PM

Polished or black mavs depending on how this build goes. But the 48 spline is a really nice touch, getting rid of those square things, those scared me, I wanted aluminum cranks, but I couldn't put my trust in the square spindle thingy.

|

12/3/2013 11:23 PM

Naw biggy, I ran Hollowbites on a titanium spindle for 6 years+.. there's nothing wrong with the square design strength wise. The only downside is the use of pinch bolts which requires the arms to be fatter in that area... which sucks on your ankles.

|

12/4/2013 1:34 AM

Mr.BMXism ... I have spoken to the Guys at We Make Things on the Crank Arm Length thing extensively! It all comes down to money really. 165mm is a fairly new thing in Street & there is a worry that the Purchaser might be a little intimidated by dropping the 10mm. Where as the 5mm to 170mm, Isn't a HUGE step down & You will still notice a difference in how the Bike Feels once you get riding! Mavericks are NOT cheap to Manufacture so adding another size that possible wouldn't sell as many units as the Longer Arm'd Versions is a risk they simply do not want to take right now. I am going to keep harassing them though! Hopefully *Fingers Crossed* If more than just me email Eclat with the 165mm Request we could see them! Even if You don't want Mavericks! Email them about the other Cranks they offer & ask for the 165mm Length Option & we may well see the Shorter Length in the not too distant future! smile

|

12/4/2013 7:11 AM

BMXism wrote:

Naw biggy, I ran Hollowbites on a titanium spindle for 6 years+.. there's nothing wrong with the square design strength wise. The only downside is the use of pinch bolts which requires the arms to be fatter in that area... which sucks on your ankles.

going a bit off topic...
when you were riding the hollowbites did they hurt your ankle? i might get powerbites but if they hurt too much i will just get wtp royals

|

12/4/2013 7:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2013 7:40 AM

Really?! For Serials? I have pretty much ran Hollowbites exclusively for the last god knows how many years!! I switched out once or twice but i switched to Hollows from Powers!! The only Cranks that i have EVER liked more than the Primos are........ Eclat Tibias! Eclat make some of the BEST Parts in BMX today.. I have said it before & i will say it again... I WILL OWN a Wethepeople/Eclat Build!

EDIT: There was actually a point to this comment i just got a little side tracked! I have never, EVER had my ankles "Hurt" by ANY Crank Arm. Primo or Other!

|

12/4/2013 8:00 AM

Topsey wrote:

Really?! For Serials? I have pretty much ran Hollowbites exclusively for the last god knows how many years!! I switched out once or twice but i switched to Hollows from Powers!! The only Cranks that i have EVER liked more than the Primos are........ Eclat Tibias! Eclat make some of the BEST Parts in BMX today.. I have said it before & i will say it again... I WILL OWN a Wethepeople/Eclat Build!

EDIT: There was actually a point to this comment i just got a little side tracked! I have never, EVER had my ankles "Hurt" by ANY Crank Arm. Primo or Other!

that's good to hear, anyways, do you know anything about the wtp royals v2 cranks? are they good? i could get them for 40$ cheaper than powerbites

|

12/4/2013 8:30 AM

I was only describing the tiny downside to having pinch bolts vs 48 spline where arms are slimmer in that area. Primo's arms are fine, you won't get ankle bites every time you ride LOL. I rarely ever do. But that edge near the pinch bolts isn't friendly in those cases that you do manage to fuck up.(which I have) You can always round that shit down a bit anyway if you must.. it's alloy!

|