éclat blind freecoaster problems

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2015 5:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2015 5:35 PM

So to start off I feel that the hub is not living up to the hype at all. At first it was alright and felt solid. Then everything went downhill. I've had about two sessions on this thing and nothing is working properly. The first time I rode this thing within an hour it lost it's slack and felt similar to a cassette so I took it apart to find out the spring had blown up. I know this has been a common issue with this. I used a rubber band and she was running perfect when I went to this skatepark the next day. Then the day after I took it apart to check out the rubber band to see if it was broken or something and it was a bit worn so I replaced it and regreased it while it was apart. I put it back together and now there's quite a bit of side to side play and does not feel solid what soever like shane weston and éclat claimed it to be. I have no clue what's wrong and what happened so if anyone has this problem or has fixed it please help.

|

1/27/2015 5:37 PM

Should of got a Federal coaster.

|

1/27/2015 5:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2015 5:41 PM

did you call the place where you bought the hub to get new springs? I think the side wobble part might possibly be from not tightening the cone nut tight enough? Did you tighten the grub screw on the cone nut too?

|

1/27/2015 5:42 PM

NewAndImprovedClancy wrote:

Should of got a Federal coaster.

I personally can't stand khe coasters but I'm honestly regretting getting the blind instead of a khe

|

1/27/2015 5:43 PM

There's a thread about this over on Bike Guide:

http://www.bikeguide.org/forum/index.php?topic=220273.0

Apparently Eclat is replacing the springs, you just need to contact the shop you bought your hub from.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/27/2015 5:45 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

did you call the place where you bought the hub to get new springs? I think the side wobble part might possibly be from not tightening the cone nut tight enough? Did you tighten the grub screw on the cone nut too?

I emailed éclat about the spring and they told me to email the distributer which in my case was dans and they haven't gotten back to me yet. And I don't think that's the problem the wiggle because I did tighten the cone very tight and then tightened the grub

|

1/27/2015 5:46 PM

I would never trust a rubber band on one of my parts .....
Took éclat this long to get it out now they are recalling shit , I won't be getting one

They are lucky their just a bike company and not a car company recalling product cause it's killing people

|

1/27/2015 5:49 PM

transition_chris wrote:

There's a thread about this over on Bike Guide:

http://www.bikeguide.org/forum/index.php?topic=220273.0

Apparently Eclat is replacing the springs, you just need to contact the shop you bought your hub from.

Thanks but I already emailed them and stuff. The spring part is taken care of. But the wiggle thing is confusing me. That's what I need help with

|

1/27/2015 5:51 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I would never trust a rubber band on one of my parts .....
Took éclat this long to get it out now they are recalling shit , I won't be getting one

They are lucky their just a bike company and not a car company recalling product cause it's killing people

Haha I know it sounds extremely sketchy and I was skeptical at first too but it worked like a charm. And are they actually recalling it?

|

1/27/2015 5:53 PM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

I emailed éclat about the spring and they told me to email the distributer which in my case was dans and they haven't gotten back to me yet. And I don't think that's the problem the wiggle because I did tighten the cone very tight and then tightened the grub

Call them, because all dans is going to say in their email is to call them. they will get you sorted out quickly. When my spring broke they got one shipped to me really quickly. Is it the driver that is wiggling or is it the hubshell?

|

1/27/2015 5:57 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Coopers25 wrote:

Call them, because all dans is going to say in their email is to call them. they will get you sorted out quickly. When my spring broke they got one shipped to me really quickly. Is it the driver that is wiggling or is it the hubshell?

Yeah I'm just gonna call soon. The driver does wiggle and I'm aware it's supposed to a bit because it's a bushing driver or something but that's not the thing I'm talking about. My whole hub shell is. It makes a really repulsive sound when I bounce my bike. Kind of like a noise you'd hear on an old shitty mongoose

|

1/27/2015 6:11 PM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Yeah I'm just gonna call soon. The driver does wiggle and I'm aware it's supposed to a bit because it's a bushing driver or something but that's not the thing I'm talking about. My whole hub shell is. It makes a really repulsive sound when I bounce my bike. Kind of like a noise you'd hear on an old shitty mongoose

Yea I know what you're talking about. Im not sure what the problem is then. Maybe the non-drive side hardware isnt fully pressed in? Maybe your chain needs to be tighened and that's whats making the sound. Only reason im mentioning that is because a friend thought his hub was messed up when it was just a super loose chain lol

|

1/27/2015 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2015 11:45 PM

I've said before , KHE is proven . I want/ed the blind , not sure now.
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/27/2015 6:31 PM

Personally mine is working amazing after they sent me new springs.

|

1/27/2015 7:10 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Coopers25 wrote:

Yea I know what you're talking about. Im not sure what the problem is then. Maybe the non-drive side hardware isnt fully pressed in? Maybe your chain needs to be tighened and that's whats making the sound. Only reason im mentioning that is because a friend thought his hub was messed up when it was just a super loose chain lol

I have a feeling it has something to do with the non drive side but I just don't know dude. I worked on the thing for the past 3 hours trying to fix it. And it's not my chain. I took it off to see. Plus my wheel is so slammed in the dropouts with my chain on I have to take it off just to get my wheel off lol. It's like perfect chain tension

|

1/27/2015 7:14 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I've said before , KHE is proven . I want/ed the blind , not sure now.

I agree all the way man. I really haven't the slightest clue as to what's wrong with mine. It's really aggravating and éclat takes like a week to email back.

|

1/27/2015 7:14 PM

tcmore wrote:

Personally mine is working amazing after they sent me new springs.

Consider yourself lucky haha

|

1/27/2015 7:24 PM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

I have a feeling it has something to do with the non drive side but I just don't know dude. I worked on the thing for the past 3 hours trying to fix it. And it's not my chain. I took it off to see. Plus my wheel is so slammed in the dropouts with my chain on I have to take it off just to get my wheel off lol. It's like perfect chain tension

Did you switch the hub to lhd? Maybe its because the ratchet ring and c-clip are loose?? Maybe thats the problem? Just throwing that out there

|

1/27/2015 8:48 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Coopers25 wrote:

Did you switch the hub to lhd? Maybe its because the ratchet ring and c-clip are loose?? Maybe thats the problem? Just throwing that out there

Nope I run rhd but I did remove the c clip and ratchet ring and put them back in to see if that was the issue and it wasn't

|

1/27/2015 9:09 PM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Nope I run rhd but I did remove the c clip and ratchet ring and put them back in to see if that was the issue and it wasn't

Take everything apart put it back according to the video how to. I'm almost OCD with shit like that haha. If not grease everything including your grips.

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/27/2015 9:14 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Take everything apart put it back according to the video how to. I'm almost OCD with shit like that haha. If not grease everything including your grips.

I literally have ocd. I took it apart 3 times looking at the manual and video making sure everything was right when I reassembled it and nothing worked. I swear I tried every single thing I could think of

|

1/27/2015 9:15 PM

Coopers25 wrote:

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Also I'm greasing my grips now. Thanks for the tip

|

1/27/2015 9:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2015 9:51 PM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Also I'm greasing my grips now. Thanks for the tip

This is oviously user error.. It was fine before you took it apart and it was fucked when you it it together I'm talking about after the rubber band

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/27/2015 9:55 PM

If I took it apart to take the broken spring out and put the rubber band in and it was fine. I doubt me doing it a second time somehow messed it up. But possibly I guess.

|

1/27/2015 10:05 PM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

I literally have ocd. I took it apart 3 times looking at the manual and video making sure everything was right when I reassembled it and nothing worked. I swear I tried every single thing I could think of

Yah then you might have a faulty one. Tighten the cone nuts more , check the bearings , see if an aluminum shards are stuck in the axle , shit like that might be something to mess with .

And bruh when you grease grips , you can throw bars faster ! LOL

|

My Cult 2 Short

1/27/2015 10:11 PM

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Yah then you might have a faulty one. Tighten the cone nuts more , check the bearings , see if an aluminum shards are stuck in the axle , shit like that might be something to mess with .

And bruh when you grease grips , you can throw bars faster ! LOL

That's sort of what I think bit if it worked at one point I feel it's fixable. I just don't know how. I checked all that suggested. And yeah I'm about to be slingin double b's homie

|

1/28/2015 4:47 AM

Email wemakethings, rich always gets back to me within 24 hours

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/28/2015 7:04 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Someone from éclat?

|

1/28/2015 7:58 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Dylanyuen271 wrote:

Someone from éclat?

Wemakethings owns eclat, wtp, salt, salt plus, almond and fuse aswell i think.

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

1/28/2015 8:25 AM

I believe Shane said they were making new springs for them since the v1s sucked. Its a shame, could've changed the coaster industry, but Im willing to bet these spring problems destroyed its rep.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx