Éclat's New Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

11/5/2013 10:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/5/2013 10:23 PM

They'll be releasing their new "Maverick" Cranks this month. How do you guys feel about them going alloy? These seem to be refined where other aluminum designs have come short or failed. If the Mavericks can earn success amongst the BMX community, can we expect to see a resurgence of alloy cranks from other companies in the future? For years chromoly cranks have remained the preferred choice for most companies, but there's definitely a chance for alloy to become the new 'ideal' if Éclat's design has more to prove than just being 'new'. Time will tell... Read More: The Albion
Photo
As a fan of alloy and never owned a chromoly crank set, I honestly can't wait......... STILL waiting.........

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/5/2013 10:24 PM

Is it me... or does that spindle look somewhat on the shorter side?

But overall the cranks look awesome, not sure whether or not I want to get these or the Noctis Cranks.....

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

11/5/2013 10:33 PM

I love my Tibias. These things just look ugly to me, and I've always preferred the stiffness from a chromoly crank.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride

11/5/2013 10:41 PM

I saw this on The Merged, very good read.

At first I was skeptical, as I thought the spindle boss on the crank arms were just aluminum.. I thought "WTF are they retarded?" But then I read how it uses a steel spline insert, and thought that's pretty neat, especially how it presses in there. I hope they did the same with the pedal boss steel insert, otherwise when you tighten it up, the insert is just gonna move around under higher torque.

I'm not interested in buying them, I'll stick to chromoly cranks, but this is a really good design & they seem pretty damn strong too.

|

11/6/2013 6:52 AM

Idk. I wanted em but at 230lbs I think the flex would be killer.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/6/2013 8:47 AM

That was a good read, I've always owned chromoly cranks, i do have a set of Noctis sitting in my tool box i might try out.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

11/6/2013 8:47 AM

They looks pretty cool. My friend was interested in them but I talked him out of them and he got akimbos. They look amazing, but alloy/ aluminum cranks are either a go or no go. Plus, they're brand new so I said it wouldn't be the smartest idea trying a complete new idea.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

11/6/2013 9:29 AM

The kind of look like powerbites

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars