clear coat or not to clear coat that is the question

Related:
Create New Tag

12/28/2010 8:56 AM

soo I just painted my frame, and I used the highly recommended Montana Gold and that shit works amazingly and is super thick and drys in like a couple minutes, overall awesome and will use again....but the main question is should I do a clear coat, the color itself is a Matte or flat finish, so I know it'll make it shiny, but I want to know if I use a clear coat will it not chip as easily or will it not make a difference???

|

FIT_bOyEE

12/28/2010 8:59 AM

Use clear coat.

I didn't, and wish I had.

|

"I've had the 2 greatest corn dogs of my life, and I owe it all to BMX."

12/28/2010 9:00 AM

clear coats help prevent rust, and will ultimately protect your finish. i would clear coat, but make sure you wait a day or so just to be sure all the paint dries.

|

Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

12/28/2010 9:08 AM

Get a Matte Clear coat. They have it at walmart. Keeps the flat finish. It will make the paint much more durable, use several layers of clear.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/28/2010 9:11 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Get a Matte Clear coat. They have it at walmart. Keeps the flat finish. It will make the paint much more durable, use several layers of clear.

this is sick, thanks alot, you always seem to come through with all the knowledge haha thanks man, thats sick I did not know there matte clear coats!!!

|

FIT_bOyEE