clicking in bb area

Related:
Create New Tag

8/26/2017 4:49 PM

I have a brand new bike that i have had for about 2 weeks, today when riding it started to make clicking sounds in the bb area if i start pedaling hard and fast and also clicks when landing from drops or bunny hops. i cant find anything that wiggles at all so i am lost anyone have any ideas?

|

8/26/2017 5:54 PM

My bottom bracket also clicked it was more of a clicking feeling and I replace with a nice new one and never had the problem since... maybe try degreasing and then regreasing it and if that doesn't work maybe get a new one... but it could also be your chain or rear hub as well.... also try lube img your chain that could also be it....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

8/26/2017 6:05 PM

Is your chain tight?

|

8/26/2017 8:05 PM

ggallin422 wrote:

Is your chain tight?

yeah, it isn't the chain hitting the frame if that's what you're thinking. I'm wondering if it is where the cranks and spindle meet that is clicking. I've never had problems with them on my old bike so I'm shooting in the dark but it is an audible click and I can't feel it as well and I don't know if you usually feel a crank squeaking against a spindle

|

8/26/2017 11:16 PM

Sounds like one of your pedals or crank arms might be a touch loose, just enough so it moves under pressure. Take em off, grease everything, put it back together

|