clutch v2 can¨t crankflip

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2022 10:18 AM

what could I do for mi clutch v2 spinning?

|

3/24/2022 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2022 10:34 AM

There's not much of anything you can do, at least that I'm aware of. It's a common problem with the clutch hubs, v1 and v2.

Theres a chance someone on here might know of a mod.

I have two friends that have been running them for a while and neither one is crankflippable, and thats with loose chain, good spinning cranks and greased hub.

Best bet would be getting a new hub if you really want to crankflip

|

3/24/2022 4:06 PM

Good luck. Odyssey will tell you there’s nothing wrong with it even though they advertise it as “crank flip ready!”

Id look into a better hub if you plan on doing crank flips. WTP Hybrid is my favorite by far and crank flips for dayzz

Also 19-22mm cranks help. 24mm bearings don’t spin as well in my experience.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/24/2022 7:20 PM

They should be called crank spins.

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

3/25/2022 9:53 AM

I don't think mine could crank flip.

The best coaster for crankflips is the primo balance. Even with my chain and cranks fairly tight with no slap I can kick em and get like 2 to 3 spins. Plus they're one of the few female axle coasters. Not sure why every other coaster is stuck in 2006 with shitty male axles.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/25/2022 9:54 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

They should be called crank spins.

Crankflips, Crankspins, Drivetrain spin, pedal spin

As long as we aren't calling them dumbass kickflips still lol.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

3/28/2022 6:04 AM

If you've already messed around with adjusting chain tension and the torque on your BB compression bolts, you can take apart your hub, clean it and apply lighter grease than what you were previously using. You may limit the lifespan of your internals by doing this but it won't be by much.

|

3/29/2022 12:45 PM

I used to be able to crank flip with my v2 as well but after this winter it's not been spinning as well as it used to. temperature guaranteed affects how the internals works even with grease.

|

3/29/2022 12:49 PM

Take your chain off whenever you want to do a crankflip. Problem solved.

Or, don't do crankflips

|

3/30/2022 8:22 PM

clutch v2 sucks ive said it before and i'll say it again. y'all lucky vital doesn't have a voice message feature or else i would bless yall with a 5 minute unhinged rant about how much that piece of shit hub sucks

|

smile

3/30/2022 9:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/30/2022 9:25 PM

When I was 15 I stupidly decided I'd either learn crank flips or no footed can cans. Not both, but just one or the other. Wish I hadn't spent so much time on crank flips.

Can't help you with your hub, just trick selection. Learn from my mistakes.

|

3/30/2022 9:28 PM

cringe don't listen to this boomer above me learn ya mf crankflips do ya no foot cans whatever makes u happy fuck it do em both at the same time if u can

|

smile

4/1/2022 9:04 AM

broo it's a freecoaster xd

|

4/3/2022 1:02 AM

In my experience with the sunday, clutch v1, and v2 they are not good for crank flips. I gave up that trick but as a hub the v2 is very reliable. I ran mine for 4 years with no issues

|

4/3/2022 8:36 AM

Norman Bates, I f'd your mum. Oh, wait......

|

4/3/2022 5:16 PM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

cringe don't listen to this boomer above me learn ya mf crankflips do ya no foot cans whatever makes u happy fuck it do em ...more

Are you guys wearing long shorts or short pants these days to keep them from getting sucked into your sprocket during crank flips? I can't keep things straight these days, I'm too busy doing tricks that matter.

|

4/4/2022 5:33 AM

PastaIsLitty wrote:

cringe don't listen to this boomer above me learn ya mf crankflips do ya no foot cans whatever makes u happy fuck it do em ...more

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Are you guys wearing long shorts or short pants these days to keep them from getting sucked into your sprocket during crank ...more

Garbage bags on each leg.

|

Husky Nation Member

4/4/2022 10:57 PM

MostlyBowlDoggin wrote:

Are you guys wearing long shorts or short pants these days to keep them from getting sucked into your sprocket during crank ...more

tricks that matter in a dying "sport" 💀 im dead. also carhartt pants

|

smile