coaster decision

Related:
Create New Tag

7/9/2013 10:58 AM

I have 2 friends selling coasters. My choices are the khe reverse( not sure if acb or not) or the poverty freeloader. I'm really not sure what to go with. Opinions?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/9/2013 11:24 AM

I know nothing about coasters, so take this advice as you see it, but the freeloader has unsealed bearings (although ian schwartz made it work) and most coasters these days are clones of KHE, so maybe that says something

|

I don't support slut shaming, but I do support snake shaming you snaky bastard

7/9/2013 11:29 AM

hmuifulikefriedchicken wrote:

I know nothing about coasters, so take this advice as you see it, but the freeloader has unsealed bearings (although ian schwartz made it work) and most coasters these days are clones of KHE, so maybe that says something

The poverty is sealed. I used to have one. I had a reverse too. But I can't remember them clearly so I'm not sure the good and bad. Or which one I liked more for that matter

|

7/9/2013 11:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2013 11:39 AM

I would go for the KHE just because they seem like a better company/brand and I would trust them over poverty but I don't really know anything about coasters either or really about poverty as a company either so IDK

I would say go with whatever company you trust more

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/9/2013 11:37 AM

That's the thing. Sealed bearings are good, but when it comes down to it, aren't a big deal if that coaster works way better than the sealed one. But then, I don't know shit about coasters either, other than we used to make coaster brake type wheels work the same way by removing a washer from the internals. We just wanted to pedal backwards though. Haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/9/2013 11:41 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

That's the thing. Sealed bearings are good, but when it comes down to it, aren't a big deal if that coaster works way better than the sealed one. But then, I don't know shit about coasters either, other than we used to make coaster brake type wheels work the same way by removing a washer from the internals. We just wanted to pedal backwards though. Haha.

Took out the brake shoes. I did that once. Worked well

|

7/9/2013 11:42 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

I would go for the KHE just because they seem like a better company/brand and I would trust them over poverty but I don't really know anything about coasters either or really about poverty as a company either so IDK

I would say go with whatever company you trust more

Poverty has khe internals. And a thrust bearing but alot I people took them out. So idk

|

7/9/2013 11:47 AM

Where is Topsey when ya need him...

|

Bruh

7/9/2013 12:31 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

Where is Topsey when ya need him...

He's poopin.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/9/2013 12:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/9/2013 12:40 PM

Poverty. I like KHE as a real company more but I would still go poverty.
KHE is in my top 3 Brands.

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

7/9/2013 1:59 PM

TheBrandonFranke wrote:

Poverty. I like KHE as a real company more but I would still go poverty.
KHE is in my top 3 Brands.

Finally an opinion

|