Create New Tag

9/20/2015 7:45 AM

any info on the colony freecoaster?

|

9/20/2015 10:29 AM

Can you fakie and half cab on a cassette ? It's harder on a freecoaster

|

9/20/2015 11:08 AM

ride chainless for at least 3 weeks before you buy one.

|

Bruh

9/20/2015 11:41 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Yeah don't do this
People always complain that kids are getting coasters, I got one within a year of riding used on here for 45$ and ive been on one since. It's a great tool to expand your bag of tricks and half cabs and sliders on coasters are still way easier to me than on cassettes. Maybe don't get one if you can't fakie, but otherwise I would definitely recommend that everyone try one at some point in their riding career

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/20/2015 9:02 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Can you fakie and half cab on a cassette ? It's harder on a freecoaster

Yeah I understand what your talking about.

|

9/20/2015 9:04 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Yeah don't do this
People always complain that kids are getting coasters, I got one within a year of riding used on here for ...more

I honestly can fakie better with a coaster but half cabs are a little harder... I've ridden multiple coasters before and I really like them so I'd thought I'd give it a shot. I guess I'll see how it is

|

9/21/2015 2:14 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

Yeah don't do this
People always complain that kids are getting coasters, I got one within a year of riding used on here for ...more

For sure, I love my coaster but I made sure that I would even like it by taking my chain off for a few sessions because if you don't like it that is a bit of money to drop on something.

|

Bruh

9/21/2015 6:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/21/2015 8:12 AM

Coasters are fun, and chainless would give you a bit of an insight into the fakie and cab side of things, but if you want to ride a coaster, get one as a spare wheel at first in case you absolutely hate it. Run it for a week of decent sessions to get a decent feel for it. If you hate it, sell it. If you love it and cannot see yourself going back to a cassette, then sell the cassette.

All in all they are fun, but don't expect to magically be super good at fakies, cabs and so on.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/21/2015 8:02 AM

A lot of my mates are running the colony coaster with no complaints. Unlike the blind and cult coasters

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.