colony freecoaster wobble

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2013 3:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/16/2013 4:18 AM

My hub wobbles side to side like the cones are loose, but i've tightened them as much as possible and there is still a few millimetres of play side to side. If i have removed washers to create more slack do they just get completely removed from the hub altogether? And is the wobble going to be bad in the long run because it's not that big of a deal, just dont want the hub to blow up...

Cheers

|

11/16/2013 12:03 PM

The bearings may be busted, new ones is a good idea. Sometimes there is too much slack, i think another lil washer in there is a good idea. Make sure you tighten the cones more. Maybe a video? I could definitely help you then.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/16/2013 12:13 PM

Does it wobble when you have it engaged?
I've noticed that some freecoasters have a very small amount of wobble when disengaged.

|

11/16/2013 1:08 PM

Every freecoaster I've ever seen or ridden has had side to side wobble, including mine. Don't worry about it.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/17/2013 7:16 PM

The bearings are definitely fine because the hub isn't very old. I haven't checked when it's engaged, but I have found that a few friends coasters wobble slightly too. I'm not gonna worry too much about it, hopefully it isn't bad in the long run, though.

|

11/17/2013 7:22 PM

connornub wrote:

The bearings are definitely fine because the hub isn't very old. I haven't checked when it's engaged, but I have found that a few friends coasters wobble slightly too. I'm not gonna worry too much about it, hopefully it isn't bad in the long run, though.

It shouldnt cause any trouble honestly. Bearings dont cost much if something does happen to go wrong, so dont worry about it!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/18/2013 5:32 PM

Thanks guys, I feel at ease now. I'm used to the wobble by now anyways so it's all good.

|