color spokes yea or nah

Related:
Create New Tag

2/16/2016 11:21 AM

So I want to build my first custom wheel but kinda stuck on what color spoke to buy my frame is chrome/raw. I do have red cranks and front wheel white stem and purple pedals blacks bars rear wheel the color spokes I want is purple white or red but can't choose between the three so which three would look better with the color of my frame and parts I got. I found some spoke on ebay for a good price also what do you guys think about color spokes yea or nah.

|

2/16/2016 11:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2016 11:55 AM

I would do white, because that would go with more in the instance you change your bike later. Also make sure they are the correct length for your hub and rim.

You could also look into getting spokes from Dans or Albes or Empire, they are pretty cheap.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/16/2016 1:00 PM

I had always hated colored spokes, I just don't like the look of it, black is the best color for spokes, especially if you already have a colorful bike, but at the end of the day, that´s your bike so do whatever you want to it.

Maybe I could like a full black bike with both wheels spokes of one color like red or green.

|

2/16/2016 1:07 PM

randumb colors

|

It’s all bmx

2/16/2016 1:41 PM

If you grind a lot the paint/powdercoating does come off reasonably easily around the hub areas. Keep that in mind. Looks nice with different colored rims, BUT if you changed to say, a brown frame, red would look gross.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/16/2016 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2016 1:55 PM

I was thinking about doing white spoke but need some suggestion. I'm about to buy the cult match v2 pro cassette and eclat trippin rim rim both in black. So do you think white spoke look good with my frame.

|

2/16/2016 2:29 PM

i say white or purple would look best with the colors on your bike

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

2/16/2016 2:40 PM

Black or stainless. Goes with everything so you can't go wrong if you change your mind in the future

|

2/16/2016 2:47 PM

Black, white, or stainless.

Personally I think colored spokes are ugly almost 100% of the time.

But it's your bike not mine, if I were you I'd just play around on the color app thing until you find a color you like

http://bmxcolor.narod.ru/main.html

|

2/16/2016 3:31 PM

That good that white pass I will check out that site to make a final decision but I might go with white. Thanks guys

|

2/16/2016 4:48 PM

joltman900 wrote:

That good that white pass I will check out that site to make a final decision but I might go with white. Thanks guys

Also what is chrome/raw? They are two pretty different things, so I want to get a better idea for what you mean.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/16/2016 4:57 PM

joltman900 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Also what is chrome/raw? They are two pretty different things, so I want to get a better idea for what you mean.

The guy that I brought the frame from raw the frame and put clearcoat on it he was going to repainted but never did. So I don't know what to call it raw or chrome.

|

2/16/2016 6:55 PM

joltman900 wrote:

The guy that I brought the frame from raw the frame and put clearcoat on it he was going to repainted but never did. So I don't know what to call it raw or chrome.

That's raw then. Chrome is an added layer of metal over the metal, I believe. A plating process.

I like white, black, stainless spokes. If you didn't have colored parts already I'd say F it, life is short and you should do a color. But if you add some other color with what you have going on, it'll look cluttered, IMHO

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

2/16/2016 7:07 PM

joltman900 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

joltman900 wrote:

Raw.

Honestly I would go with something that you have in the same color.

I ran red rims, hubs, sprocket, stem and grips with a chrome frame, fork, bars chain and cranks. The rest was black and I had tanwalls.

That's how I like things. One main color, and some accent colors.

Things have changed for me now, everything is black aside from my chain (chrome) and frame (white until spring, then lime green).

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/16/2016 8:27 PM

I do have a black alienation black sheep rim laced to a gold cinema hub and I forgot that I got purple shadow vultures bars that I'm deciding to put on. I could switch out my red rim for the black rim I might do white spoke still.

|

2/17/2016 12:16 PM

Honestly though, it is YOUR bike, who cares what others think?

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura