companies that have gone down hill

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2010 1:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 4:56 AM

Which companies do you guys think have gone down hill?

The one that stands out most to me is Snafu

|

11/20/2010 1:44 PM

I think Fit is slowly going to shit, because of their team falling apart.

But other than that I agree with you about Snafu, and 2-Hip has never really "stood out" to me. So maybe 2-Hip as well.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/20/2010 1:44 PM

Cult

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

11/20/2010 1:45 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

But other than that I agree with you about Snafu, and 2-Hip has never really "stood out" to me. So maybe 2-Hip as well.

2-hip is going to make a comeback
they have only been focusing on complete bikes, but are going to start releasing other parts soon

|

11/20/2010 1:46 PM

sunday has straight shit the bed
jim c took the company in a horrible direction, only marketing the products to little rich kids who have mommy and daddy buy everything for them
fucking dumbass

|

ferthebirdz wrote: my pegs are called cranks..

11/20/2010 1:47 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

2-hip is going to make a comeback
they have only been focusing on complete bikes, but are going to start releasing other parts soon

I saw that they are finally making parts again this year via Interbike 2010. I liked the whole grooved stem and fork thing so you don't have to line the front end.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

11/20/2010 1:48 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

fit's always been good their team doesn't make any difference on how they still make their stuff

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

11/20/2010 2:06 PM

getskyhigh wrote:

fit's always been good their team doesn't make any difference on how they still make their stuff

this

|

i'm just here to chill

11/20/2010 2:57 PM

the fuck? fit's team left and they're taking the company in an amazing direction. now every frame doesn't have the same geo. and the team is STILL stacked.

personally, i don't like where animal is going. never really did. it seems like most of their parts are generic or made shitty, and the generic thing coming on with their interbike parts.

|

11/20/2010 2:58 PM

that

|

refs: irideFLY,dave805(x4),meanwun(X2),throwAfit(2),xslickshoeslx,legendsx23,bmxing12,falconsivan(1) secound time scam!,etschmall,NOXPLODE/austin,aguers.
email-dylanmitchell286@yahoo.com

11/20/2010 3:07 PM

Vital.

|

FTW!

I'm cooler than a polar bear's toes.

11/20/2010 3:14 PM

imchrisperez wrote:

Vital.

and snafu the only good part they make is the detangler

|

11/20/2010 3:52 PM

Haro. Granted since most of you started riding they have been the same, but to me it seems over the last 5-7 years they have been a couple years behind the industry when it comes to new designs and technology.

I never really was a big fan of Fit, but their stuff this year is incredible. Same goes for Eastern, they have been doing work and it shows.

I have noticed several companies lately have been just kicking back and catering ONLY to what they little punkass kids want, not what the industry needs. They aren't putting any work into their stuff anymore.

Specialized was a great example (In the BMX world). They were great for racing about 10 years ago, then they kinda stopped trying because their road and mountain bikes got super good. They could easily DOMINATE BMX again if they put a little time into it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/20/2010 4:37 PM

hmm mirraco? or was that never really considered big?

|

11/20/2010 4:37 PM

Kenealy wrote:

the fuck? fit's team left and they're taking the company in an amazing direction. now every frame doesn't have the same geo. and the team is STILL stacked.

personally, i don't like where animal is going. never really did. it seems like most of their parts are generic or made shitty, and the generic thing coming on with their interbike parts.

I like Animal, and I think Snafu is falling apart so is mirraco with there shitty overpriced black market parts and I can agree more on Sunday, but you can't blame the dude for wanting some cash. Rich snobs pay big.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

11/20/2010 5:10 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Cult

Glad, I am not the only one thinking that.

|

11/20/2010 5:35 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Cult

Twisted654 wrote:

cult is just stupid, ive rode there shit before and its nothing really..

|

11/20/2010 5:39 PM

JustRideBMX wrote:

Cult

Twisted654 wrote:

stayfit454 wrote:

its a cult....

|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

11/20/2010 5:42 PM

SE
snafu
when cult came out it was huge and now it's not as big but they are still going pretty strong
specialized
haro
diamond back

|

vital's redneck

11/20/2010 5:49 PM

Twisted654 wrote:

stayfit454 wrote:

gstring02 wrote:

its a cult....

but can a company really go down hill if it was already at the bottom?

|

11/20/2010 5:55 PM

The bmx industry as a whole.It's not their fault though.The market just isnt there like it was in the old days.A high quality US made bike would cost about 2k nowadays,and few if any would buy it.Im seeing a trend (like sunday) of bike companies going after the lower end of the market with their ams and exs.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

11/20/2010 5:55 PM

HARO - used to be huge back in the day and now there considered beginner bikes for the most except the new SD frame so who knows, maybe there coming back.

FIT - i remember when it was always "get a fit" and all the hoodrats asked if your bike was a fit, because fit was just "soo good" but they lost their team and really havn't been doing much lately

SNAFU - i never thought there shit was good and im seeing less and less of there shit now

DIAMOND BACK - use to be the shit when diamond back came on the scene and now diamond back is really just bottom of the line products for the most part.

FBM - kind of suprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but back in the day in the albert street days, fbm was the badass strong brand and now-a-days i would never recommend an FBM because ive seen parts snap left and right. id like to see the old FBM come back.

|

flowin' like a period.

11/20/2010 6:04 PM

PennBikes wrote:

HARO - used to be huge back in the day and now there considered beginner bikes for the most except the new SD frame so who knows, maybe there coming back.

FIT - i remember when it was always "get a fit" and all the hoodrats asked if your bike was a fit, because fit was just "soo good" but they lost their team and really havn't been doing much lately

SNAFU - i never thought there shit was good and im seeing less and less of there shit now

DIAMOND BACK - use to be the shit when diamond back came on the scene and now diamond back is really just bottom of the line products for the most part.

FBM - kind of suprised it hasn't been mentioned yet but back in the day in the albert street days, fbm was the badass strong brand and now-a-days i would never recommend an FBM because ive seen parts snap left and right. id like to see the old FBM come back.

Fbm still makes great frames. And what happened to demolition, haven't seen much of them lately.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

11/20/2010 6:06 PM

stayfit454 wrote:

gstring02 wrote:

its a cult....

Kenealy wrote:

but can a company really go down hill if it was already at the bottom?

You're right, it's just more of the fact that they couldn't live up to the hype.

|

11/20/2010 6:08 PM

traviswooten727 wrote:

Fbm still makes great frames. And what happened to demolition, haven't seen much of them lately.

there frames just dont hold up like they use to though, were they make FBM frames is about 15 miles from where i live and it seemed like everyone rode FBM but lately ive been going to the park and seeing more and more FBM's snap. and demo makes good hubs and cranks still.

|

flowin' like a period.

11/20/2010 6:26 PM

PennBikes wrote:

traviswooten727 wrote:

PennBikes wrote:

there frames just dont hold up like they use to though, were they make FBM frames is about 15 miles from where i live and it seemed like everyone rode FBM but lately ive been going to the park and seeing more and more FBM's snap. and demo makes good hubs and cranks still.

demolition makes pretty good forks to. my friend got the Concordes when they came out and there still running strong after almost 2years

|

11/20/2010 6:28 PM

PennBikes wrote:

demo or deco??

|

look at cupovjoes signature ~bike check~ i love shadow smile

11/20/2010 6:47 PM

mirraco rida' wrote:

demo or deco??

demolition

|

11/20/2010 6:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 4:56 AM

I think Mutiny is going down popularity wise.
Their products are still really good, but i remember when everyone on here talked about wanted a loosefer and mutiny.

I think United is also going down popularity wise, but slowly coming back with the Beacon.

I dont think Cult got as big as it was anticipated, but still a good compnay.

I've heaqrd S&M has gone down quality wise the past couple years too

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

11/20/2010 7:03 PM

srh 420 wrote:

demolition makes pretty good forks to. my friend got the Concordes when they came out and there still running strong after almost 2years

yah deffintly, good shit.

|

flowin' like a period.