concussion

Related:
Create New Tag

3/7/2019 9:57 AM

monday night i got a minor concussion from being hit in the back of the head with a hockey puck lol. does anyone have any advice on recovery from concussions? i talked to my doctor and he said no juuling and no drinking and no heavy excercize but i want to hear your guys’ experiences

|

13 years old

3/7/2019 10:06 AM

My experience is, listen to your doctor.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/7/2019 10:16 AM

Concussions are at their worst and need tended more or less in the first night of receiving one.

Sounds like you were able to go to sleep without nausea, which is good. But yeah, listen to your doctor, try not to rest your head on the spot that was hit.

|

Patient 0 of the Modelovirus

3/7/2019 10:32 AM

Had a few from racing enduros and harescrambles. The nausea was so awful I couldn’t finish the races and I couldn’t stand the thought of riding my bike or motorcycle for two days afterwards. Was always ok on the third day.

|

3/7/2019 12:09 PM

Absolutely take a break for a week or even three. Concussions are a big, BIG deal my friend - you've got trauma inside your cranium, and the more you BMX, every 360 is going to rattle your brain around in your skull some more. Don't be that guy who goes crazy and kills himself at age 32 and gets posthumously diagnosed with CTE.

|

3/7/2019 12:14 PM

IF its your stylo, weed helps u recover. Athletes us it and theres a bunch of studies on it. U need the actual herb though because thc helps the inflammation, and cbd protects your brain.

|

3/7/2019 12:26 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

IF its your stylo, weed helps u recover. Athletes us it and theres a bunch of studies on it. U need the actual herb though because thc helps the inflammation, and cbd protects your brain.

This is completely incorrect, dude. THC is the psychoactive compound in cannabis, and the endocannabinoids (CBD compounds) are what carry the anti-inflammatory properties.

I HIGHLY doubt any doctor would tell you to smoke dry weed as a means to recover from a concussion.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/7/2019 12:36 PM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Absolutely take a break for a week or even three. Concussions are a big, BIG deal my friend - you've got trauma inside your cranium, and the more you BMX, every 360 is going to rattle your brain around in your skull some more. Don't be that guy who goes crazy and kills himself at age 32 and gets posthumously diagnosed with CTE.

I second this.

Picture railing your shin on the pedal, but there is no bruise. Next time you rail it without healing time = more pain and damage.

Your brain is NOT something to mess around with. I would take a week+ off for a concussion to give your brain time to not be rattled etc.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/7/2019 6:44 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

IF its your stylo, weed helps u recover. Athletes us it and theres a bunch of studies on it. U need the actual herb though because thc helps the inflammation, and cbd protects your brain.

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

This is completely incorrect, dude. THC is the psychoactive compound in cannabis, and the endocannabinoids (CBD compounds) are what carry the anti-inflammatory properties.

I HIGHLY doubt any doctor would tell you to smoke dry weed as a means to recover from a concussion.

Already hazy from the concussion , might as well be stoned too

|

3/8/2019 4:12 AM

I remember when I got Shook by a stair set i was out for 5 mins I had blood coming out of my mouth and my nose and I didn’t listen to the hospital and I went out riding 3 days later! And I now have blood spots in my Eyes and I might be loosing my peripheral vision! So listen to your doctor!!

|

just living with autism and riding bikes

3/8/2019 4:41 AM

Hit by a hockey puck?
Krooked runs teamweed confirmed

|

Hmmm

3/8/2019 7:23 AM

Listen to the doctor dumbass

|

3/8/2019 9:27 AM

tahir wrote:

Listen to the doctor dumbass

oh yeah i’m a dumbass like i didn’t get top 2 percent in the world on my SAT.

meh i cant loop out somebody pwease help me i have munky in my brain he tell me wat 2 do waah

|

13 years old

3/8/2019 11:00 AM

Krooked wrote:

oh yeah i’m a dumbass like i didn’t get top 2 percent in the world on my SAT.

meh i cant loop out somebody pwease help me i have munky in my brain he tell me wat 2 do waah

http://reddit.com/r/iamverysmart

|

Patient 0 of the Modelovirus

3/8/2019 11:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2019 11:03 AM

Krooked wrote:

oh yeah i’m a dumbass like i didn’t get top 2 percent in the world on my SAT.

meh i cant loop out somebody pwease help me i have munky in my brain he tell me wat 2 do waah

I wasn't aware the entire world takes the SATs.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/8/2019 12:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2019 12:09 PM

Krooked wrote:

oh yeah i’m a dumbass like i didn’t get top 2 percent in the world on my SAT.

meh i cant loop out somebody pwease help me i have munky in my brain he tell me wat 2 do waah

Just because of your sat score doesn’t mean that you’re smart. Even if it is true I believe you would be smart enough not to ask bmx riders for help regarding your brain

|

3/9/2019 7:19 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I wasn't aware the entire world takes the SATs.

yeah most of the world does the running issue with standardized testing is students in asia sending answers to americans because of time zone differences and the inability to give out anything but the same test to everyone due to it being a... standardized test

its okay though i also like talking about things i know nothing about to look cool online, hope you got some good information out of my reply because i gained nothing from reading yours

|

13 years old

3/9/2019 7:21 PM

tahir wrote:

Just because of your sat score doesn’t mean that you’re smart. Even if it is true I believe you would be smart enough not to ask bmx riders for help regarding your brain

asking about an injury that most guys incur while riding a bike... on a bike forum.

yes i guess i am very stupid then i am in fact the biggest idiot of them all! and even though i am an idiot i can still figure out how to loop out of a manual

|

13 years old

3/9/2019 7:22 PM

friday morning i went to class and couldn’t get the taste of blood out of my mouth for an hour despite there being no blood in my mouth lol still kicking though

|

13 years old

3/9/2019 7:50 PM

Krooked wrote:

friday morning i went to class and couldn’t get the taste of blood out of my mouth for an hour despite there being no blood in my mouth lol still kicking though

,
|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/9/2019 8:08 PM

Krooked wrote:

asking about an injury that most guys incur while riding a bike... on a bike forum.

yes i guess i am very stupid then i am in fact the biggest idiot of them all! and even though i am an idiot i can still figure out how to loop out of a manual

Not having as much experience doesn’t refer to someone being a idiot

|

3/9/2019 9:18 PM

welp you’re a virgin tahir and your names fucking stupid

|

13 years old

3/9/2019 9:23 PM

Krooked wrote:

oh yeah i’m a dumbass like i didn’t get top 2 percent in the world on my SAT.

meh i cant loop out somebody pwease help me i have munky in my brain he tell me wat 2 do waah

Spastic aptitude testing?

|

3/9/2019 11:46 PM

Lmao

|

Hmmm

3/10/2019 6:47 AM

Krooked wrote:

monday night i got a minor concussion from being hit in the back of the head with a hockey puck lol. does anyone have any advice on recovery from concussions? i talked to my doctor and he said no juuling and no drinking and no heavy excercize but i want to hear your guys’ experiences

Krooked...I use to play minor hockey and was wonderfully reckless...5 concussions lol. I use to train muay Thai and spar before some of my bosses fighters had upcoming fights in the ufc. I worked at sityodtong... more concussions lol..now I'm 40 and have seizures brother and my e.e.g's ( brain readings ) are slow and the Neuro team can see where my brain his been bruised alot through ct's or mri's or x rays or even ultra sounds...I don't remember which one...I've had so many tests...please listen to your doctor brother.

|

3/10/2019 6:52 AM

tahir wrote:

Listen to the doctor dumbass

Krooked wrote:

oh yeah i’m a dumbass like i didn’t get top 2 percent in the world on my SAT.

meh i cant loop out somebody pwease help me i have munky in my brain he tell me wat 2 do waah

tahir wrote:

Just because of your sat score doesn’t mean that you’re smart. Even if it is true I believe you would be smart enough not to ask bmx riders for help regarding your brain

I answered his question out here on a BMX forum you dumb little fuck. Quit being a prick. That's how kids get smacked in real life then cry about it. Learn your lesson before it happens one day man

|

3/10/2019 9:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/10/2019 9:35 AM

Krooked wrote:

oh yeah i’m a dumbass like i didn’t get top 2 percent in the world on my SAT.

meh i cant loop out somebody pwease help me i have munky in my brain he tell me wat 2 do waah

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I wasn't aware the entire world takes the SATs.

Krooked wrote:

yeah most of the world does the running issue with standardized testing is students in asia sending answers to americans because of time zone differences and the inability to give out anything but the same test to everyone due to it being a... standardized test

its okay though i also like talking about things i know nothing about to look cool online, hope you got some good information out of my reply because i gained nothing from reading yours

Your grammar indicates you are not in the top 2%, of anything academic, in the world. Try again brah.

|

3/10/2019 9:29 AM

pete skeet wrote:

I answered his question out here on a BMX forum you dumb little fuck. Quit being a prick. That's how kids get smacked in real life then cry about it. Learn your lesson before it happens one day man

He said the same thing to me before when I was asking for help but I’m the little kid prick right lol

|

3/10/2019 9:36 AM

And another internet forum thread discussion devolves into a random flame war ~

|

3/10/2019 9:38 AM

tahir wrote:

Just because of your sat score doesn’t mean that you’re smart. Even if it is true I believe you would be smart enough not to ask bmx riders for help regarding your brain

pete skeet wrote:

I answered his question out here on a BMX forum you dumb little fuck. Quit being a prick. That's how kids get smacked in real life then cry about it. Learn your lesson before it happens one day man

tahir wrote:

He said the same thing to me before when I was asking for help but I’m the little kid prick right lol

Lol this thread is a complete shit show. Have a good and safe Sunday brother

|