concussions/helmet? + eclat surge review.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2011 10:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2011 11:05 PM

okay, so i'm not allowed to sleep until about, another hour says the doc. but anyways. i got a grade 3/2 concussion today. there's a funbox kinda its 3 inclines a table and a rail on the other side i hit it like diagnoly landed on my front wheel flew over the bars ate shit and slid across the pavement. i don't remember anything from it but this is what i've been told. after that i tried to ride my bike to the mini mart for some Tylenol and kept falling off and putting my head down. so i took like 4 tylenol because i didn't know what was going on and fell asleep on the curb. my friends woke me up and i kept saying i was fine to them i guess? and then i went home while they went back to the park without saying anything and i fell like 20 times. then i finally got home and threw up everywhere for about 3 hours. after 4 hours i felt way better. that's my 3rd concussion this year. i'm starting to think about wearing a helmet but my old ones all beat up from woodward '09. so if you have any suggestions post them. and sorry about the pointless posts...it''s so boring...i'm sooo tired. now to the review.

Eclat surge pc pedals.
These pedals are possibly the best pedals i've ever rode. My old pedals barely gripped my shoes at all. my shoes are nike air force 1's and have terrible grip on almost every pedal. but not these ones. these pedals grip better than osiris shoes on odyssey twisteds. and i also like that they're bigger than twisted so they're comfier to ride/pedal. they're somewhat dirty but hardly as all, so i'm going to say a 4/5 for staying clean. especially with the bumpy platform for grip. really great pedals. don't really know about durability but i've heard people saying about the bearings blowing out. but there's not too much to say besides. buy em'! they're amazing pedals probably the best i've ever had. now i seriously think i've spent so much time typing this i can sleep!!

Edit: my friend kept bitching about his shoes and i was like completely lost from hitting my head and kept saying fuck you my forks are better...lol i don't remember saying it one of them just told me about it.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

3/19/2011 10:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2011 10:57 PM

protec skate classic or proteck bucky lasek.
and how dare you make a double post

|

3/19/2011 10:59 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

protec skate classic or proteck bucky lasek.
and how dare you make a double post

sorry i'm not sure what does that? is it if i click submit twice?

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

3/19/2011 11:00 PM

Spenlard wrote:

are you being smart with me, boy?

|

3/19/2011 11:00 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

no i'm serious lol. i've done it before and don't know what does it.

|

3/19/2011 11:01 PM

Fbm Marauder wrote:

lol

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

3/20/2011 12:19 AM

Spenlard wrote:

Fbm Marauder wrote:

getskyhigh wrote:

lol

Hahahahahaha.

|

Shakesman69: My penis is SMALL.

3/20/2011 1:26 AM

Not good man, its worth investing in a helmet! it could be the difference between paralysis and not!

If you value your brain then you should wear one, even though its "not cool" its less cool being paralyzed

|

3/20/2011 6:27 AM

i think ill try them as my next pedals, and about ur head, that sucks haha

|

Refs: TCbmx, AO8, DannyP, Ron44ald, BEASTASSDICKwink

Bike check!!

3/20/2011 7:07 AM

they wore down super fast for me. but grip amazing

|

3/20/2011 7:51 AM

I wear a helmet anytime I ride a skatepark, no question. and if im trying something serious at a street spot, i usually try to bring it along. like if im going to a big handrail spot, or some big stairsets.

but anyway, get a protec skate classic, a lot of ppl get the clear ones, i think theyre super light and comfy. mines getting old, i might have to invest in one of them too

|

3/20/2011 10:22 AM

wear a helmet. your brain cells dont regenerate like all the other cells in your body so when you hit your head and kill cells in the process youll never get them back. i always wear a helmet except when im just cruisin

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

3/20/2011 1:29 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

wear a helmet. your brain cells dont regenerate like all the other cells in your body so when you hit your head and kill cells in the process youll never get them back. i always wear a helmet except when im just cruisin

When your just cruisen wearing a helmet you look like a complete fag hahaha

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

3/20/2011 1:36 PM

eclat surge are way better than odyssey twisteds

|

3/20/2011 3:04 PM

yeah, i rode today. only actually like wreck wrecked once. held this sickass footjam for too long fell back and rolled off the back time, also i took a toptube to the gouch or however ya spell it. but i got real dizzy when i stood up after. other than that i was fine.
spent all day shreddin this ledge at an old bus station and hitting some gaps. we found so much new shit around town today. here's the ledge though
[img][LINK TO IMAGE][/img]

|

3/20/2011 3:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2011 3:06 PM

woops double posted

|

3/20/2011 3:07 PM

capix helmets are the best.

|

3/20/2011 7:48 PM

Jake_Short wrote:

Effting wrote:

When your just cruisen wearing a helmet you look like a complete fag hahaha

ya thats why i dont wear one when i cruise

|

i ride a Sunday

Refs: irideafly, subrosarider65, ridebmx456, ayobmx, spikez5

cell #: 424-219-2490

9/22/2013 4:44 PM

i know this is an old thread but i used to not wear a helmet when i would just cruise around town, but then i got hit by a car unexpectedly and i would never risk it again. Was so close to losing my life

|

Pop a tire I'm sweatin'.

9/22/2013 7:00 PM

really... bumped it for this?

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

9/22/2013 7:18 PM

luke_dawg wrote:

i know this is an old thread but i used to not wear a helmet when i would just cruise around town, but then i got hit by a car unexpectedly and i would never risk it again. Was so close to losing my life

I'll murder your family.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

9/22/2013 7:35 PM

Look into getting a POC receptor flow helmet fits good and strong as hell

|

refs- abod, dave805, spikez5, blizzbikes, element4all, harof2, funkychicken, zznelsonzz, hardbmx_tim, agcrx

9/22/2013 7:44 PM

luke_dawg wrote:

FuckYoCult wrote:

I'll murder your family.

hmmm kinda took it too far.. truthfully this did need to be bumped... too many people think they are exempt from getting concussions or some shit...

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

9/22/2013 7:49 PM

luke_dawg wrote:

FuckYoCult wrote:

I'll murder your family.

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

hmmm kinda took it too far.. truthfully this did need to be bumped... too many people think they are exempt from getting concussions or some shit...

Definitely, nothing wrong with a little bump to remind people to wear them brain buckets! Although I'd like to point out a helmet doesn't make you invincible it just helps to protect your brain/head in the event of a fall. Also you can still get a concussion wearing a helmet but wearing a helmet is bettter than nothing.

@FuckyoCult..... If I were you I'd edit that post. If Luke_dawg wanted to be a real dick he could screenshot your comment and report you to the police, shit like that is taken seriously.

|

9/22/2013 7:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/22/2013 7:59 PM

I'm sorry, I am going to be an ass for a second.

EVERYONE! GET A DAMN HELMET NOW.

End rant.

Get one that is certified. Laser makes some AWESOME helmets. Stay away from the Bucky because they are not cerified, meaning they are not able to protect from impacts as well.

And to those saying "you look like a fag for wearing one just cruising", you never know what could happen.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/22/2013 11:41 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

End rant.

Get one that is certified. Laser makes some AWESOME helmets. Stay away from the Bucky because they are not cerified, meaning they are not able to protect from impacts as well.

And to those saying "you look like a fag for wearing one just cruising", you never know what could happen.

Absolutely, I know someone who fractured his skull cruising on grass.

|

9/23/2013 12:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/23/2013 12:41 AM

F

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

9/23/2013 1:57 PM

Haha what the fuck

|

9/23/2013 2:13 PM

I think wearing a helmet is very protective. I think you guys should look at Bret Bananasandwich and consider, do i wanna not be able to talk and have to relearn a lot about life and existing just from a simple crash that goes the wrong way? My answer to that question is a no. Also ask, what if i forget a few things and am plagued by headaches for the rest of my life, will looking not as "cool" as people without them be worth it? Again, my answer is no. Plus it scores big with MILFs ;D So guys, having a helmet that is good, is GREAT! I will admit, im not always gonna ride with one, i trust myself enough to ride without one at most times, but i do try to wear one as often as possible. Look into Bell helmets also, they seem to have the best if you ask me, they wont ruin your brain if you land on your head. So go ahead, dont wear one, it may be the choice that affects your life a lot.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

9/23/2013 10:26 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

End rant.

I agree with you completely Dave. Wearing a helmet in my town is a law too so I guess you have to have one unless you don't mind being fined. Anyway, not all Pro-Tec helmets are rated for biking as pointed out, so stay clear from the skate helmets. Their impact standards are lower than a bicycle specific helmet. I ride a Pro-Tec Chase Hawk helmet which is ASTM, CPSC, and CE certified for bicycle use and impact standards. Do your research because not all "bike" helmets are certified to withstand the potential impact/abuse you may throw at it. Also, old helmet's protection degrades with time. Sure, you can still get a concussion with a helmet but it's better than a cracked skull and brain hemorrhage.

|

Winter is over-rated

Click here to check my ride