cone washer not sitting flush

Related:
Create New Tag

4/26/2013 10:30 AM

The thing that goes in between the sprocket and bb that covers the bearings isn't sitting flat against the bb. I think its called a cone washer but not positive. Anyway its making my sprocket wobble pretty bad, causing all kinds of tight and loose spots in the chain. Think I need a new one or what? Possibly a tiny little spacer between the sprocket and cone washer? I'll take pics if needed. Thanks

|

References - jared42069

4/26/2013 10:37 AM

need pic. and i doubt the cone is causing that problem

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/26/2013 10:37 AM

Ya cone washer/spacer. It may be too big? Pics are good in these situations. Also maybe your bearings on that side might be sticking out of the frame just a tad bit too much. Take everything off the smack that sucker in.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

4/26/2013 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/26/2013 12:53 PM

Sorry for the bad pics, just had surgery so I couldn't take it apart. Noticed its a gap now and nothings touching the bearing.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Maybe I just need to smack the sprocket on really hard with a rubber mallet?

|

References - jared42069

4/26/2013 12:53 PM

correct me if im wrong but looking at your second picture it kinda looks like your cones on backwards

|

4/26/2013 2:51 PM

It does look like it in the pic. But I checked and its on the right way. I'll try smacking the bearings in farther tomorrow when I'm not so sore

|

References - jared42069

4/26/2013 4:44 PM

Got it figured out. Turns out there was a tiny spacer on the non drive side that I just threw away. Lol idk why my lbs put that on there. And the bearing was sticking out the slightest little bit. Everything's running great now. Thanks guys I appreciate it.

|

References - jared42069