couple of help questions Please give a hand.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2014 8:32 PM

Okay well I bought the new bonedeth porn cassette and it should be here in a few days.
I am relacing my front wheel aswell wich is a G-SPORT monkey laced to a G-Sport Ribcage in 48. the spare rim that I am using for the rear is a brand new Primo Hula hoop in 48H.

Now i am starting to wonder weather I should lace the hula hoop to the front or rear, like which one is stronger the hula hoop or the rib cage. (I don't mind at all about the weight of the hula hoop so please dont say "Well the Ribcage has the best strength to weight ratio")

These will both be laces with USA brand stainless spokes. Also I have desided to run brakes in the rear soon aswell if that could help.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/20/2014 9:24 PM

I would go with the rib cage

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

7/20/2014 9:27 PM

All depends if you are front heavy or back heavy on your bike while your riding. I'd try and even the bike out as much as possible.

Or if one rim is chrome I'd use that as the rim for the brakes

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/20/2014 9:48 PM

Either one would be okay I'd think. They are both really strong rims. 48H rims take a while to lace and true haha I like them though

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/20/2014 9:53 PM

Gump wrote:

All depends if you are front heavy or back heavy on your bike while your riding. I'd try and even the bike out as much as ...more

this.

Personally though I'd go with the Ribcage in the rear just because I have no experience with the Hula-Hoop & it would give me peace of mind knowing my back wheel's super strong haha. Not saying the Primo isn't though, just saying I have no experience with it or knowing how they heard up other than hearing they're pretty damn strong.

|

7/20/2014 10:04 PM

okay they are both black rims. What one do you believe will how up better with brakes?

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/20/2014 10:14 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

okay they are both black rims. What one do you believe will how up better with brakes?

I THINK the Ribcage would be better for brakes due to its hard anodizing finish, that is if it wasn't rawed down/resprayed or something.

|

7/20/2014 10:14 PM

Not sure of the brake performance aspect. But I'd just try and even the weights up

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/20/2014 10:19 PM

Alright thanks guys. By the sounds of it the Rib is stronger so i'll lace that in the rear and the hula hoop in the front.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/21/2014 2:51 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

Alright thanks guys. By the sounds of it the Rib is stronger so i'll lace that in the rear and the hula hoop in the front.

Sounds good!

|

You say BMX is your life but you barely ride.
BUT hey, That's none of my business.

7/21/2014 3:31 PM

6000 series grips better than 7000 series. The lower the number, the better grip aswell. Example, 6061 will grip better than both 6069 and 7005. Ofcourse this doesn't really matter unless your sidewall is raw. Gsport is hard anodized so the finish on it will last longer with brakes. Id do Rib in rear and Primo in front for this reason aswell as id rather have the heavier of the two in the front to balance the weight a little bit.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


7/22/2014 5:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2014 5:43 AM

The two hula hoops I have run have been super solid, I rarely had to true them. It was an awesome rim. Super underrated in my opinion.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/22/2014 3:35 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

6000 series grips better than 7000 series. The lower the number, the better grip aswell. Example, 6061 will grip better than ...more

About the lower grade/formula material being grippier. Is that because it is softer this allowing the brakes to grip easier or having a slightly courser Finish? Interested about this.

Thank you

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/22/2014 3:41 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

About the lower grade/formula material being grippier. Is that because it is softer this allowing the brakes to grip easier or ...more

Not too sure, just going off personal experience. Most likely because the material is softer. But if both are anodized then they will grip extremely similar since the pads aren't gripping the aluminum, theyre gripping the finish.

|




Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx


7/22/2014 4:27 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Not too sure, just going off personal experience. Most likely because the material is softer. But if both are anodized then ...more

Alright thanks. And i decided to lace the G-Sport to the front with the g-sport monkey. Came to mind that there isn't going to be much clearance in the rear with the 2.25 GLH and seeing as the Ribcage has a wider profile than the Hula-hoop it would allow the tie to be wider. Also like the feel of a heavy rear end. But thank you a lot guys. you really helped a lot,

|

The first breath is the beginning of death