covid19 --- are skateparks safe

Related:
Create New Tag

5/19/2020 5:39 PM

It’s pretty bad when a political debate thread is more entertaining then anything that’s happened in BMX in the last 3 months , fucken Kung flu

|

5/19/2020 5:40 PM

So in one breath you talk about government oversight and lack of personal freedom, but in the next you want government to decide who can and can’t have children? You can’t have it both ways.

|

5/19/2020 5:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2020 5:44 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

So in one breath you talk about government oversight and lack of personal freedom, but in the next you want government to decide who can and can’t have children? You can’t have it both ways.

The government should have the least amount of control as possible , right now they control the tax dollars to enable these deadbeat whores too get away this shit , they should back the fuck off and leave them out to hang with financial support , leave it to the deadbeat parents to foot the bill , not the tax payers , you can’t have absolutely no government , but with libertarianism have as little government influence and control as possible

|

5/19/2020 5:44 PM

You’re right though, Jay. Whether we agree or not, this is at least more entertaining than trying to decide which POS craigslist bike is best for not commuting or doing tricks on

|

5/19/2020 5:46 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

The government should have the least amount of control as possible , right now they control the tax dollars to enable these deadbeat whores too get away this shit , they should back the fuck off and leave them out to hang with financial support , leave it to the deadbeat parents to foot the bill , not the tax payers , you can’t have absolutely no government , but with libertarianism have as little government influence and control as possible

Intervening in people’s personal lives and preventing them from reproducing seems like the opposite of “least amount of control possible”.

|

5/19/2020 5:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2020 5:48 PM

I don’t know why everyone’s freaking out over some covid-19 pandemic , bill burr was right , there has been an epidemic of gold digging whores for years now , we didn’t shut down over that ? Why shut down over this

And why the hell are these deadbeats entitled to intervene and take a big free handouts in my tax dollars

|

5/19/2020 6:01 PM

I would totally sign up to VitalPOLITIX. As long as Krooked was a mod though.

|

5/19/2020 6:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2020 6:04 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Intervening in people’s personal lives and preventing them from reproducing seems like the opposite of “least amount of control possible”.

Not to put words in Jay's mouth but I think hes talking about how our social systems pay these people per kid so they have a bunch and collect a check.
They can do what they want but they shouldn't be financially rewarded for it by my tax dollars.

|

5/19/2020 6:11 PM

joemac610 wrote:

Not to put words in Jay's mouth but I think hes talking about how our social systems pay these people per kid so they have a bunch and collect a check.
They can do what they want but they shouldn't be financially rewarded for it by my tax dollars.

“.... you shouldn’t be allowed to have kids until you’ve proven your a value to society...”. Somewhere in the middle of the wall of sparsely punctuated text.

|

5/19/2020 6:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Spongeworthy wrote:

joemac610 wrote:

And in most cases on top of a paid child support obligation.

|

5/19/2020 6:19 PM

I like trump , but it’s too bad we didn’t have bill burr for president through this pandemic , we could have just sunk those cruise ships that where spreading this virus around

|

5/19/2020 6:33 PM

Bill burr is hilarious... met him at Hampton beach 20 years ago and he was ruthlessly funny.

|

5/19/2020 6:34 PM

I thought you wanted it to run it’s course, and that the world needed it to cleanse us of the weak? Your statements are starting to contradict themselves.

|

5/19/2020 6:38 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

I thought you wanted it to run it’s course, and that the world needed it to cleanse us of the weak? Your statements are starting to contradict themselves.

Your mistake is expecting them to do any critical thinking whatsoever.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/19/2020 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2020 6:45 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

There’s still planes spreading it around and oppressed commies eating rodents and bats in wet markets , sinking cruise ships wouldn’t completely stop it , maybe after trump gets his 8 years in burr will get his shot at president

|

5/19/2020 6:46 PM

Millions die in real pandemics. Now go ride your fkn bikes.

|

5/19/2020 6:55 PM

Everyone weakening their immune systems and killing brain cells wearing masks all day

The people going out side and living life are the one who will survive this

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

5/19/2020 9:20 PM

|

5/19/2020 9:33 PM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

Who knows? Probably best to stay away from people and to wear a mask to minimize you spreading your droplets to other people and encourage other people to do the same. Remember a mask really isn't for YOU it is for EVERYONE else around you.

Photo

Here is an Idea. How about not pissing when a Person is in piss range?

The new Moto for getting back to normal. Shut the Fuck up till you Back the Fuck up.

|

5/19/2020 10:06 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/19/2020 10:10 PM

BigMeanPunk wrote:

Who knows? Probably best to stay away from people and to wear a mask to minimize you spreading your droplets to other people and encourage other people to do the same. Remember a mask really isn't for YOU it is for EVERYONE else around you.

Photo

Wayne S wrote:

Here is an Idea. How about not pissing when a Person is in piss range?

The new Moto for getting back to normal. Shut the Fuck up till you Back the Fuck up.

360 flip off something and piss all over everyone , this sport wasn’t built on participation awards

|

5/19/2020 11:05 PM

1. All of you are too poor to whine about being taxed (take the handout blue collar billy)
2. Stay inside
3. Smile because for once in your pathetic life you did something useful

|

13 years old

5/20/2020 4:58 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I’m with joemac610 on the career losers point with people in Canada , so many lazy people trying to take every short cut they can and come up with every excuse they can’t do a job but should get paid for it anyways with union jobs in North America , it’s the worst , I blame allot of it on the bad parenting not teaching their kids work ethic

That’s another issue , these career losers that get knocked up at 15 or 16 and have 5 different kids by the time they’re 21 with 5 different dads so they can get government financial support and take their child support from each dad while doing so on top of it so they can do sweet fuck all the rest of their lives but live on other people’s money because they where a useless dumb whore and never got education or a real job , there’s allot of them you see them allot around here dropping off their kids who are always way too young to be left alone at a skatepark but they drop them off there like it’s a daycare while they go get drunk and fucked up all day , I see it all the time , you shouldn’t be allowed to have kids until you’ve proven your a value to society and you can handle a career and financially support yourself and your family without leeching off the tax dollar for the next 25 30 years , these deadbeat parents always produce dumbass deadbeat kids that follow in their footsteps too , the dads should have to pay child support but why the hell does everyone else have to chip in tax dollars for these fucken losers , moral of the story kids wear a condom or pull the hell out , don’t want to be one of those guys that gets the shit luck of paying 18 years because of some drunken regrettable hookup at a high school party

WAY off topic relating to COVID.

I am all for time limits on social programs-you get say 6 months to find something to get off your feet. If you cannot show you are actively working to get out of that situation by month 3, you will be cut off at 6 months, forcing you to try harder or face the consequences. If you are proving you are working towards it and struggling (there would be criteria for this like signatures from job interviews, perhaps even checks on validity of interviews etc), benefits can be extended, but may be reduced if say you took a job that pays very little to try to get things going. Something to help folks enable themselves to try.

I also believe there should be drug tests for welfare recipients. Random ones at that.

Obviously there are some folks who are just unable to work-disabilities being a reason. I have no issues with helping those folks however possible.

But being lazy is not a disability.

I don't mind earning my health care, BUT I have some pretty big issues with how they do things and THAT needs to be fixed.

-The pricing is insane, and they need to remove their in house "experts". I got 3 stitches in my thumb a few years back, cost me 1200 out of pocket AFTER my insurance and the MIDDLE STITCH DIDN'T EVEN CLOSE THE WOUND, but there was no one I could complain to about the shoddy work. It would have been another visit to get it fixed at MY COST. I could have used my DOLLAR STORE SEWING KIT and done a better job. Next time I am super gluing.

-They constantly fought with us on the supply of my wife's prescription saying she needs 90 days worth when her levels were being checked every 4 weeks and the dosage CHANGED EVERY FOUR WEEKS.

-They fought on a different heart medication saying they would not cover it anymore at that pharmacy and told me I had to I drive around 50 miles to go to the closest CVS (before Target had them)-when asked if they would pay for my gas or any car wear and tear (they would only allow a ONE WEEK SUPPLY), they said no, and I got LOUD about it.

-I got a letter a YEAR after my oldest was born saying they were struggling to determine from their "medical professional" if he needed to be in the NICU and if they would cover any of it. He had troubles with enough oxygen being born at 34 weeks. A CPAP for 3 days, and a cannula for another 6, had Jaundice pretty hard so he was under the lights for like 4 days. Without those, he likely wouldn't be turning 6 this year.

-They fought the Cardiologist for HOURS on the phone about my wife getting an ECHO before an MRA thinking they would get the necessary images via ECHO. The Cardiologist is PERSONAL FRIENDS WITH THE DOCTOR WHO DISCOVERED HER HEART CONDITION AND EVEN THAT GUY SAID AN ECHO WAS STUPID FOR WHAT THEY NEEDED. But their "In house expert" fought it and said it was not medically necessary after he googled what her heart condition was (literally-we have to explain it so often). So we got to pay for a pointless ECHO (they refused to cover it in full despite their decision to ignore a legit medical professional explaining why it was stupid) then the MRA a week later when the ECHO was not sufficient.

So FUCK insurance companies with their asinine pricing, their hidden in insane jargon loopholes for denying coverage, and their in house "medical experts" who ACTUALLY GOOGLE STUFF (pretty sure they got their degrees the same way you can be ordained online-pay the 35 bucks and print it out). When the CEO makes like 250K PER DAY because of stuff like that, I get heated, and would LOVE to see some regulations on the costs of things, and what comes out of my pocket VS theirs. I also think the medical doctor who is actually SEEING THE PATIENT should be able to override their dipshit medical "experts" without having to explain why like they are talking to a toddler and trying to get the toddler to eat veggies.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/20/2020 5:10 AM

It’s ok
Photo

|

5/20/2020 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/20/2020 8:29 AM

eskimojay wrote:

I’m with joemac610 on the career losers point with people in Canada , so many lazy people trying to take every short cut they can and come up with every excuse they can’t do a job but should get paid for it anyways with union jobs in North America , it’s the worst , I blame allot of it on the bad parenting not teaching their kids work ethic

That’s another issue , these career losers that get knocked up at 15 or 16 and have 5 different kids by the time they’re 21 with 5 different dads so they can get government financial support and take their child support from each dad while doing so on top of it so they can do sweet fuck all the rest of their lives but live on other people’s money because they where a useless dumb whore and never got education or a real job , there’s allot of them you see them allot around here dropping off their kids who are always way too young to be left alone at a skatepark but they drop them off there like it’s a daycare while they go get drunk and fucked up all day , I see it all the time , you shouldn’t be allowed to have kids until you’ve proven your a value to society and you can handle a career and financially support yourself and your family without leeching off the tax dollar for the next 25 30 years , these deadbeat parents always produce dumbass deadbeat kids that follow in their footsteps too , the dads should have to pay child support but why the hell does everyone else have to chip in tax dollars for these fucken losers , moral of the story kids wear a condom or pull the hell out , don’t want to be one of those guys that gets the shit luck of paying 18 years because of some drunken regrettable hookup at a high school party

dave lawrence wrote:

WAY off topic relating to COVID.

I am all for time limits on social programs-you get say 6 months to find something to get off your feet. If you cannot show you are actively working to get out of that situation by month 3, you will be cut off at 6 months, forcing you to try harder or face the consequences. If you are proving you are working towards it and struggling (there would be criteria for this like signatures from job interviews, perhaps even checks on validity of interviews etc), benefits can be extended, but may be reduced if say you took a job that pays very little to try to get things going. Something to help folks enable themselves to try.

I also believe there should be drug tests for welfare recipients. Random ones at that.

Obviously there are some folks who are just unable to work-disabilities being a reason. I have no issues with helping those folks however possible.

But being lazy is not a disability.

I don't mind earning my health care, BUT I have some pretty big issues with how they do things and THAT needs to be fixed.

-The pricing is insane, and they need to remove their in house "experts". I got 3 stitches in my thumb a few years back, cost me 1200 out of pocket AFTER my insurance and the MIDDLE STITCH DIDN'T EVEN CLOSE THE WOUND, but there was no one I could complain to about the shoddy work. It would have been another visit to get it fixed at MY COST. I could have used my DOLLAR STORE SEWING KIT and done a better job. Next time I am super gluing.

-They constantly fought with us on the supply of my wife's prescription saying she needs 90 days worth when her levels were being checked every 4 weeks and the dosage CHANGED EVERY FOUR WEEKS.

-They fought on a different heart medication saying they would not cover it anymore at that pharmacy and told me I had to I drive around 50 miles to go to the closest CVS (before Target had them)-when asked if they would pay for my gas or any car wear and tear (they would only allow a ONE WEEK SUPPLY), they said no, and I got LOUD about it.

-I got a letter a YEAR after my oldest was born saying they were struggling to determine from their "medical professional" if he needed to be in the NICU and if they would cover any of it. He had troubles with enough oxygen being born at 34 weeks. A CPAP for 3 days, and a cannula for another 6, had Jaundice pretty hard so he was under the lights for like 4 days. Without those, he likely wouldn't be turning 6 this year.

-They fought the Cardiologist for HOURS on the phone about my wife getting an ECHO before an MRA thinking they would get the necessary images via ECHO. The Cardiologist is PERSONAL FRIENDS WITH THE DOCTOR WHO DISCOVERED HER HEART CONDITION AND EVEN THAT GUY SAID AN ECHO WAS STUPID FOR WHAT THEY NEEDED. But their "In house expert" fought it and said it was not medically necessary after he googled what her heart condition was (literally-we have to explain it so often). So we got to pay for a pointless ECHO (they refused to cover it in full despite their decision to ignore a legit medical professional explaining why it was stupid) then the MRA a week later when the ECHO was not sufficient.

So FUCK insurance companies with their asinine pricing, their hidden in insane jargon loopholes for denying coverage, and their in house "medical experts" who ACTUALLY GOOGLE STUFF (pretty sure they got their degrees the same way you can be ordained online-pay the 35 bucks and print it out). When the CEO makes like 250K PER DAY because of stuff like that, I get heated, and would LOVE to see some regulations on the costs of things, and what comes out of my pocket VS theirs. I also think the medical doctor who is actually SEEING THE PATIENT should be able to override their dipshit medical "experts" without having to explain why like they are talking to a toddler and trying to get the toddler to eat veggies.

Damn dude , I got third party accident insurance , if I have to get stitches I get a cheque for almost 700 just for going to the hospital to get stitched up or glued , I got the same insurance company evel knievel had , get a 5 thousand dollar cheque if I need to have a surgery , basically get paid to break myself off and paid if I miss any work , costs me less than a 100 bucks a month and I’m lucky to be in Canada where they don’t charge for surgeries (the service is crap though you might die before you get the medical treatment you need in wait time even more so now with this pandemic crap) Private health care is much faster although expensive , sounds like you are getting screwed around though

|

5/20/2020 9:30 AM

Krooked wrote:

1. All of you are too poor to whine about being taxed (take the handout blue collar billy)
2. Stay inside
3. Smile because for once in your pathetic life you did something useful

1. Wrong.
2. No.
3. You know nothing about my life.

|

5/20/2020 2:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/21/2020 5:33 PM

|

5/20/2020 4:34 PM

|

5/21/2020 4:39 AM

Honestly this thing is pretty serious though-there is a JRE podcast with Michael Yo-he nearly died from it. He explains everything that happened to him. Healthy dude, and it kicked his ass HARD.

It's weird though because tons of people barely get sick-my neighbors are almost done with their 2 weeks after a positive test-The lady had a fever for a day, and the guy coughed a tad bit more than usual (he smokes like a chimney).

Honestly I think tons of people already had it back in November/December when so many had that cough that took like 3-4 weeks to go away. We weren't testing or even aware of it until around mid-Decemberish. There were ZERO travel bans like currently happening, and people were doing their typical holiday stuff, getting together etc. It was treated as a nasty cold/flu due to typical symptoms.

They even say it originated in November-so logically, it is entirely possible it was already cruising around and people just weren't aware.

I've got family who work in a huge Chemical/Medical research company and they have access to live versions of it, and test on it, and from what they have been seeing/hearing, there is pretty much no way it could have mutated the way it did in such a fast amount of time "without help", that family suspects they were toying with it and someone goofed in a lab and it got out.

Regardless, stay 6 feet apart, mask it up when necessary, wash your hands and quit touching your faces. That's the bulk of what you need to do to be less likely to get it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/21/2020 5:11 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Honestly this thing is pretty serious though-there is a JRE podcast with Michael Yo-he nearly died from it. He explains everything that happened to him. Healthy dude, and it kicked his ass HARD.

It's weird though because tons of people barely get sick-my neighbors are almost done with their 2 weeks after a positive test-The lady had a fever for a day, and the guy coughed a tad bit more than usual (he smokes like a chimney).

Honestly I think tons of people already had it back in November/December when so many had that cough that took like 3-4 weeks to go away. We weren't testing or even aware of it until around mid-Decemberish. There were ZERO travel bans like currently happening, and people were doing their typical holiday stuff, getting together etc. It was treated as a nasty cold/flu due to typical symptoms.

They even say it originated in November-so logically, it is entirely possible it was already cruising around and people just weren't aware.

I've got family who work in a huge Chemical/Medical research company and they have access to live versions of it, and test on it, and from what they have been seeing/hearing, there is pretty much no way it could have mutated the way it did in such a fast amount of time "without help", that family suspects they were toying with it and someone goofed in a lab and it got out.

Regardless, stay 6 feet apart, mask it up when necessary, wash your hands and quit touching your faces. That's the bulk of what you need to do to be less likely to get it.

If I was to make up my own conspiracy theory. It would be the lab sold their dead virus tested bats to an individual and that individual sold the bats at the market for food consumption.

|

5/21/2020 5:28 PM

Okay if you say so. It's just funny they did a test simulation and just happens to actually happen in real time months down the track. bahhh

|