covid19 --- are skateparks safe

Related:
Create New Tag

5/27/2020 8:20 PM

Furyus George wrote:

You’ve got your math wrong. 851 deaths in Japan divided by 126,500,000 people is 0.0000067, not 0.000067. So, not quite 7 people per million. Not exceptionally high, unless you’re one of the seven. And yeah, I get it, “affect” doesn’t necessarily mean death. It could mean, for example, 509 new unemployment claims for every death from Wuhan (April 2020 USA). That’s pretty exceptional.

I think the real problem is there is a lot of folks terrified of dying, so they’re going to wear a mask for the rest of their lives and let Bill Gates pump their veins with whatever concoction he comes up with. You’re going to have your little health passport implanted in your skin and your little stipend from the government and you’ll be all safe and cozy. And you’re still going to die, probably when the same government says you’ve outgrown your usefulness and you’re not worth the resources.

None of this would have happened if she had won.

Spongeworthy wrote:

“... let Bill Gates pump their veins with whatever concoction he comes up with.” What thread of logic did you use to come up with that? No joke, I honestly want to hear your thought process on that one, and what you think the end game is.

Furyus George wrote:

Bill Gates? Vaccines? Population control? You didn’t know?

Put your mask back on, Sponge. Nothing to see here.

Fear and control, nothing to see here.

Thread is dust.

|

5/27/2020 8:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/27/2020 8:33 PM

streethack wrote:

Fear and control, nothing to see here.

Thread is dust.

Again, what control? Getting us to stay inside? Control for control’s sake? What is the benefit to them? They just get a kick out of it?

|

5/27/2020 8:39 PM

It’s actually starting to sound like you guys are the ones living in fear.

|

5/27/2020 8:41 PM

this is what happens when you take 2 "one-a-day" vitamins.

|

Come back with a warrant.

5/27/2020 9:29 PM

By the way, they didn’t need to enforce a lockdown in Japan because people voluntarily STAYED HOME, and WORE MASKS if they had to go out. And guess what? It worked, as the numbers you provided demonstrate.

|

5/28/2020 4:46 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

By the way, they didn’t need to enforce a lockdown in Japan because people voluntarily STAYED HOME, and WORE MASKS if they had to go out. And guess what? It worked, as the numbers you provided demonstrate.

They've been doing the mask thing a LOT for DECADES when it comes to flu season, so it wasn't a huge change there.

Not arguing either way, just a thing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/28/2020 4:50 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

They've been doing the mask thing a LOT for DECADES when it comes to flu season, so it wasn't a huge change there.

Not arguing either way, just a thing.

Exactly. One of the things I loved when I was there was how much more consideration for the people around them they had than people here in Australia. If they felt like they might be unwell, they banged a mask on. Not for themselves, but to protect others. It’s no wonder they’ve done so well through this virus. It’s just how they roll.

|

5/28/2020 6:15 AM

I just remembered there was a case during a travel ban where this man was in the process of moving. He was arrested for crossing state lines or something and he took it to court to fight the charge. No local courts wanted to take the case, it went to federal superior court where it was thrown out immediately. The federal government knows they can’t force you to stay in your home and not travel or wear a mask unless they declare martial law.. state by state and media coverage was making all this seem like mandatory things but it’s not. However stores and companies have the right to refuse business to anyone for any reason just about, outside of discrimination and such. So yea you have to wear a mask for that. And a public park being shut down is the states decision so you can reasonably be fined for ingnoring that.

|

5/28/2020 6:49 AM

Spongeworthy wrote:

Exactly. One of the things I loved when I was there was how much more consideration for the people around them they had than people here in Australia. If they felt like they might be unwell, they banged a mask on. Not for themselves, but to protect others. It’s no wonder they’ve done so well through this virus. It’s just how they roll.

It's sad, as you grow up you learn pretty fast how shitty people can be.

Best thing I have found is to live in a really small town. 1200 people. Been here 10 months, was in a smaller city in a quiet neighborhood against a pretty good sized city (like 5 cities bordered up-around 70K people per city so around 350K in the area) and it is night and day different. People wave to eachother, chat politely, and there are NO stupid political signs people make for their yards, regardless of what they believe.

People in this town care for eachother. I (until covid really hit) saw kids playing in empty streets, backyards and riding bikes etc EVERYWHERE. I am starting to see some of that again. It reminds me so much of my youth. The only downsides are the skatepark kinda sucks (but there is one!) and there is one ledge type of thing and a tall curb, so street = flatland with a couple curbs.

But I would take a small town with minimal stuff to ride and a good place for my boys to grow up over a place with great riding and crappy people any day.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/28/2020 8:54 AM

|

Tomorrow your homeless,tonight it's a blast!

5/28/2020 9:03 AM

|

5/28/2020 9:30 AM

Joe Lieberman
Democrat Senator and 2000 Candidate for VP
I know the positive pro-Israel record, pro-Semitic
record — if you can call it that — certainly fair
record of Breitbart when it comes to Israel and
Jews, and I appreciate it, and I think the majority
of people appreciate it as well.

Nice job calling a website founded by two Jews "neo-nazi." You're either ignorant or a liar. Funny thing is, the cool article linked above shows "people of color" cleaning up the skatepark! I suppose the white skaters made them do it.
|

5/28/2020 9:36 AM

Yup,Im on twitter.......

|

5/28/2020 9:40 AM

bloghogs wrote:

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/05/26/l-a-skateboarders-defy-eric-garcetti-reclaim-venice-skate-park/

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Literally posting an alt-right neo-nazi website

Furyus George wrote: Joe Lieberman

Nice job calling a website founded by two Jews "neo-nazi." You're either ignorant or a liar. Funny thing is, the cool article linked above shows "people of color" cleaning up the skatepark! I suppose the white skaters made them do it.

Boy, breitbart has been a championing alt-right website for the past couple years. You really are stupid.

Here's a legitimate, .org source that goes in depth on their alt right championing efforts: https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/steve-bannon-five-things-to-know

Man, this is all making sense, if you are all reading breitbart for news, that explains why all of your opinions are some form of racist slop.

Ya'll wanna be anarchists so bad, yet licking the boots of the new age neos, lmao. That's not very punk of you.

|

5/28/2020 9:43 AM

the comment section in there is great
"these skateboarders are conservastive heros standing up for life, liberty and justice"

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/28/2020 9:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2020 10:08 AM

"These kids remind me of NFL players in the early days who used to play for pennies and for the love of the game. The difference is that they aren't waiting or hoping for the corporate giants to put together a competition venue that runs the show and makes all the money. They started out being happy just to get sponsors who paid the way for them to do exhibitions around the world and to give them free stuff and a stipend. Then a few started cutting out the corporate owners and became very successful with their own brands. Those people then passed down to the others how to do the same by starting their own successful businesses. They've linked up with artists who have also learned how to turn their passions into successful enterprise. It's a very active and creative group that largely looks out for it's own. None of them ask for anything from anyone. They don't just hang out in the streets. Most communities have skate parks for that, much of that due to Tony Hawk's foundation. They find places to film and try to get in and get out as fast as possible before the liability lawyers show up. The people filming have to be almost as talented as the skaters. They love freedom. Although generally not political, they would definitely lean in that direction if conservatives understand where they are coming from and treat them with respect."

"Because it's mainly young White males who use skate parks. If skateboarding was associated mainly with young black males or young Hispanic males, Newsome and Garcetti would not dare to take such astonishingly drastic action."

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/28/2020 9:51 AM

everyone all in the comments is like "look at those kids taking back the skatepark, theyre true conservatives and they dont even know it" dude from what i understand, conservatives are like "dont tax my hard earned cash and spend it on stupid shit like public skateparks"

|

wallride a bus everyday

5/28/2020 10:01 AM

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Literally posting an alt-right neo-nazi website

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Boy, breitbart has been a championing alt-right website for the past couple years. You really are stupid.

Here's a legitimate, .org source that goes in depth on their alt right championing efforts: https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/steve-bannon-five-things-to-know

Man, this is all making sense, if you are all reading breitbart for news, that explains why all of your opinions are some form of racist slop.

Ya'll wanna be anarchists so bad, yet licking the boots of the new age neos, lmao. That's not very punk of you.

Wow you like slingin' the go-to labels around don't you? Nazi. Racist. Anarchist. Anyone who doesn't tow the line with your virtuous enlightenment must be at least one of the above. Go have another soy, junior, but don't forget to take your mask off first.

|

5/28/2020 10:05 AM

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Furyus George wrote:

Wow you like slingin' the go-to labels around don't you? Nazi. Racist. Anarchist. Anyone who doesn't tow the line with your virtuous enlightenment must be at least one of the above. Go have another soy, junior, but don't forget to take your mask off first.

Don't be mad at me man, you wanted to take an anarchist stand yesterday against people who wear masks. Now you read alt-right media. lol

You're whole personality is derived form talk radio, and now you're back tracking, because you can't refute the point that breitbart is deep into neo-nationalism. So now you're gonna resort to basically calling me a pussy for wearing a mask.

Alright pal, you only have to lick the boot, you don't gotta make a whole meal out of it.

|

5/28/2020 10:07 AM

Dude covid 19 is over

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

5/28/2020 10:08 AM

Dad_Im_Pregnant wrote:

Furyus George wrote:

Facts

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

5/28/2020 3:40 PM

When you post a link to a article about skate parks in a skate park thread, Photo
and WW 3 breaks out

|

5/28/2020 3:58 PM

We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era
List of authors.
Michael Klompas, M.D., M.P.H., Charles A. Morris, M.D., M.P.H., Julia Sinclair, M.B.A., Madelyn Pearson, D.N.P., R.N., and Erica S. Shenoy, M.D., Ph.D.

New England Journal of Medicine May 21, 2020

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372?query=TOC&cookieSet=1

I found this story through a neo-Nazi website I frequent.

|

5/28/2020 4:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2020 4:04 PM

From the same article: Expanded masking protocols’ greatest contribution may be to reduce the transmission of anxiety, over and above whatever role they may play in reducing transmission of Covid-19.

This is rich stuff. I’d recommend a mask and a fresh pair of Depends before one ventures out into this mean ol’ world.

I know, let’s shut down the economy, force virtual house arrest, and suspend the right to assemble and the right to freedom of religion and the practice thereof.

|

5/28/2020 6:13 PM

I cannot believe this link posted by bloghogs got two downvotes on Vital. Did you two anonymous knuckleheads even read the article? Here’s a blurb in case you didn’t:

Wielding pickaxes and shovels, brooms and buckets, skaters hauled the sand out of the park themselves. Young and old, men and women, black and white, the volunteers were a picture of Los Angeles — as they defied the city’s orders.

I know you think defying authority means grinding some ledge at the mall, but you two aren’t even worthy to bring water to those skaters.

|

5/28/2020 6:28 PM

Furyus George wrote: We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.

Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era
List of authors.
Michael Klompas, M.D., M.P.H., Charles A. Morris, M.D., M.P.H., Julia Sinclair, M.B.A., Madelyn Pearson, D.N.P., R.N., and Erica S. Shenoy, M.D., Ph.D.

New England Journal of Medicine May 21, 2020

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372?query=TOC&cookieSet=1

I found this story through a neo-Nazi website I frequent.

There are some valid questions raised in that article, I agree. It’s not a broad statement against universal mask wearing though. The chances of contracting from very brief, no contact interactions is very low. But no one can guarantee that that’s the only type of interaction you’ll have on any given day. Hence, avoiding contact where possible (staying home is the best way), and if you are out wear a mask as a precaution. Especially considering that it may be you who is the one carrying the virus.

I don’t like downvotes on this site either, given that they’re anonymous. It’s the easy way out.

|

5/28/2020 7:05 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

There are some valid questions raised in that article, I agree. It’s not a broad statement against universal mask wearing though. The chances of contracting from very brief, no contact interactions is very low. But no one can guarantee that that’s the only type of interaction you’ll have on any given day. Hence, avoiding contact where possible (staying home is the best way), and if you are out wear a mask as a precaution. Especially considering that it may be you who is the one carrying the virus.

I don’t like downvotes on this site either, given that they’re anonymous. It’s the easy way out.

I love this line:

Masks are not only tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care workers’ perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their hospitals.

Hey, maybe a little garlic to keep the werewolves away, too? A freakin’ talisman? Is this why we’re masking up? Well, in fact it is, if you read a little further:

Expanded masking protocols’ greatest contribution may be to reduce the transmission of anxiety, over and above whatever role they may play in reducing transmission of Covid-19.

Reduce the transmission of anxiety? What do we do to reduce the anxiety of being unemployed because of this nonsense? Whiskey and opioids? Yeah, we need to flatten the curve of anxiety.

Look, if you want to wear a mask, go for it, just don’t demand, or mandate, that I do the same. Especially on such flimsy evidence. In my own state of Virginia, our Governor Ralph “Coon Man” Northam is mandating that everyone wear a mask at any place where people gather, starting tomorrow. Yet he goes to the beach this last weekend and takes selfies with strangers and doesn’t wear a mask!

We are being manipulated, controlled and lied to, and there is a lot of evil in this world.

Buckle up.

|

5/28/2020 7:16 PM

Furyus George wrote:

I love this line:

Masks are not only tools, they are also talismans that may help increase health care workers’ perceived sense of safety, well-being, and trust in their hospitals.

Hey, maybe a little garlic to keep the werewolves away, too? A freakin’ talisman? Is this why we’re masking up? Well, in fact it is, if you read a little further:

Expanded masking protocols’ greatest contribution may be to reduce the transmission of anxiety, over and above whatever role they may play in reducing transmission of Covid-19.

Reduce the transmission of anxiety? What do we do to reduce the anxiety of being unemployed because of this nonsense? Whiskey and opioids? Yeah, we need to flatten the curve of anxiety.

Look, if you want to wear a mask, go for it, just don’t demand, or mandate, that I do the same. Especially on such flimsy evidence. In my own state of Virginia, our Governor Ralph “Coon Man” Northam is mandating that everyone wear a mask at any place where people gather, starting tomorrow. Yet he goes to the beach this last weekend and takes selfies with strangers and doesn’t wear a mask!

We are being manipulated, controlled and lied to, and there is a lot of evil in this world.

Buckle up.

I love this line:
“ We are being manipulated, controlled and lied to, and there is a lot of evil in this world.”

I have concern about a virus. Not so much for myself, but for the more vulnerable people around me. I’m not afraid of it.

That line from your reply paints a picture of a man scared about the world around him though, and scared about the fact that he can’t control every aspect of his life.

Bad shit happens to good people. It’s not always a conspiracy. Sometimes it’s just a piece of shit virus that we all wish would just go away.

|

5/28/2020 7:37 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

I love this line:
“ We are being manipulated, controlled and lied to, and there is a lot of evil in this world.”

I have concern about a virus. Not so much for myself, but for the more vulnerable people around me. I’m not afraid of it.

That line from your reply paints a picture of a man scared about the world around him though, and scared about the fact that he can’t control every aspect of his life.

Bad shit happens to good people. It’s not always a conspiracy. Sometimes it’s just a piece of shit virus that we all wish would just go away.

Good guess from half a planet away, but incorrect. I’m not scared. I am getting angry, though. And who thinks they can control every aspect of their lives? No one I know is that delusional. If you want to believe your government and your media are being truthful with you about everything that’s your choice.

|

5/28/2020 7:41 PM

Furyus George wrote:

Good guess from half a planet away, but incorrect. I’m not scared. I am getting angry, though. And who thinks they can control every aspect of their lives? No one I know is that delusional. If you want to believe your government and your media are being truthful with you about everything that’s your choice.

If believing in conspiracy theories gives you some feeling of control, go for it. Just don’t put other people at risk for you’re own sense of security.

|