crank click noise? brand new WTP

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2016 7:58 AM

Hi guys,

The bike is new, I have only done a couple of miles riding as I wasn't sure if the parts need a bit of warming up to get in shape.
I hear this clinking noise from the crank. check the videos attached.

Is this normal or something is wrong?
Bike is WTP Trust 2015.

Im not that experienced so details answers will be more helpful smile smile

Thanks
|

1/19/2016 8:10 AM

That would be your chain popping on the driver or sprocket. Since it's all new, everything needs some time to wear in. Make sure your chain is lubricated and has a bit of wiggle room.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/19/2016 8:16 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That would be your chain popping on the driver or sprocket. Since it's all new, everything needs some time to wear in. Make ...more

The chain is quite tight fit. At the back the bike has chain tensioner pins, should I just make it a bit more loose?

|

1/19/2016 8:35 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

That would be your chain popping on the driver or sprocket. Since it's all new, everything needs some time to wear in. Make ...more

lolotas wrote:

The chain is quite tight fit. At the back the bike has chain tensioner pins, should I just make it a bit more loose?

Yes. Loosen them just a tad bit. Keep in mind you truly only need 1/8"-1/4" of wiggle room, and that your chain will "stretch'' over the next few rides and will appear to get looser as time goes on.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/19/2016 12:37 PM

Just checked again. The sound comes from the back hub. Im not sure if inddeed is the chain or the salt sds hub. Havent loosen the chain yet though!

|

1/19/2016 12:45 PM

lolotas wrote:

Just checked again. The sound comes from the back hub. Im not sure if inddeed is the chain or the salt sds hub. Havent loosen ...more

The chain is not worn into the driver yet. The sound you're hearing is the chain popping into place on the driver. Once you ride it for a bit it will wear in and stop doing so.

|