crank help

Related:
Create New Tag

7/17/2009 9:47 AM

my cranks came (snafu 13) so did my odyssey twisted pcs . but the problem i have is, the end of the crank of witch the pedals screw in on one of the arms the like screw bit has popped out the other side half way its like a nut with a round screw thing how can i put back in? i also have my primos and dx shimno pedals for sale if anyone's interested.

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 9:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 8:43 PM

also im thinking of changing sprocket to 25 do you need a chain tool or can u use somthing else cuz will cost like 15 for one or at shop like 20 to do for me its a rip off at the shop.... and my bb says s&s wtf is that lol

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 10:10 AM

you can use a flat ti screwdriver and a pair of pliers to pop out some links

|

7/17/2009 10:21 AM

there are no links its like a bolt with round bits for pedals to screw onto and its half out

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 10:26 AM

glub wrote:

there are no links its like a bolt with round bits for pedals to screw onto and its half out

i was talkin about your chain could you possibly hammmer it back in

|

7/17/2009 10:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 8:43 PM

The tuck pin boss right? [LINK TO IMAGE] thread a pedal on the side that is sticking out and tighten it.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/17/2009 10:37 AM

yh but the hole u see the rings around thats like half in its like a bolt

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 10:42 AM

So,no threads.(My bad)Find a vise,cover the crank with a rag,and press it back in.Those come out so you can run rhd or lhd.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/17/2009 10:57 AM

bloghogs wrote:

So,no threads.(My bad)Find a vise,cover the crank with a rag,and press it back in.Those come out so you can run rhd or lhd.

oh im lhd do i have to change anything? also why do you have ure seat so high loool

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 11:14 AM

So my knees dont hit me in the chin while Im riding.Tried slammed,not for me.
No,they are set up for normal rhd.The reason I thought they were threaded is I had some Suntour cranks on an old 10 speed with a threaded insert,but its not the 80's anymore.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/17/2009 2:30 PM

ive put opn but they spin really hard like so much effort i checked chain and its rock hard shall i bring wheel fowrd to make chain looser? it took me like 2 hours to put it on fucked it up loads tongue

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 2:32 PM

loosen the out side bolts of the cranks.

|

7/17/2009 2:51 PM

wow i'd love to help, but this thread has got me so lost. If you could re-word your problem, or maybe even put a pic of it up, we could help you better.

It sounds like you're saying that the threaded sleeve that the pedal boss threads into has slid out of the crank arm some.....???

|

If you wanna know about the TRUTH of the country and world we live in, watch these videos.
9/11 Press for Truth by Families of the Victims
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
The Obama Deception
EndGame - Blueprint for Global Enslavement

7/17/2009 2:54 PM

EisManX wrote:

wow i'd love to help, but this thread has got me so lost. If you could re-word your problem, or maybe even put a pic of it up, we could help you better.

It sounds like you're saying that the threaded sleeve that the pedal boss threads into has slid out of the crank arm some.....???

i fixed that now, using a vice. but now i've put cranks in (2 hours of taking out and doing again :angry. and now i tried to ride it but its so hard to pedal.. i checked chain and it is like solid it moves about a mm. shall i bring wheels foward? their hope you can read it now.

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 3:00 PM

Unless u tightened the dog shit out of the chain tensioner , if ur runnin one, there's no way you tightened the chain too much to where it's hard to pedal. You didnt change you're gearing any did u?

What is hard to pedal? Do your pedals spin freely. Take your chain off and see if the cranks spin freely, and then last check to make sure your back wheel is spinnin freely without the chain on

|

If you wanna know about the TRUTH of the country and world we live in, watch these videos.
9/11 Press for Truth by Families of the Victims
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
The Obama Deception
EndGame - Blueprint for Global Enslavement

7/17/2009 3:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/17/2009 3:05 PM

Oh never mind.What he said^^^

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/17/2009 3:03 PM

i do have tensioner i tightend but i think i lossend and was still tight my wheel is as far back as it can go tho

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 3:04 PM

EisManX wrote:

Unless u tightened the dog shit out of the chain tensioner , if ur runnin one, there's no way you tightened the chain too much to where it's hard to pedal. You didnt change you're gearing any did u?

What is hard to pedal? Do your pedals spin freely. Take your chain off and see if the cranks spin freely, and then last check to make sure your back wheel is spinnin freely without the chain on

now whos the one talking about dogs lol btw say hi to ure dogs

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 3:05 PM

it just feels really tight to pedal like the canks move

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 3:24 PM

ok so take the chain off and see if something isnt spinning easily like it should

|

If you wanna know about the TRUTH of the country and world we live in, watch these videos.
9/11 Press for Truth by Families of the Victims
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
The Obama Deception
EndGame - Blueprint for Global Enslavement

7/17/2009 3:27 PM

EisManX wrote:

ok so take the chain off and see if something isnt spinning easily like it should

k in morning it 12pm nd wet and cold omg u should have seen how oily i got earlier was horrible went evreywhere i had no top on when i got out my i was like coverd it mank

|

Biggest troll.

7/17/2009 3:38 PM

glub wrote:

k in morning it 12pm nd wet and cold omg u should have seen how oily i got earlier was horrible went evreywhere i had no top on when i got out my i was like coverd it mank

oh really? you dont say aye

|

If you wanna know about the TRUTH of the country and world we live in, watch these videos.
9/11 Press for Truth by Families of the Victims
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
The Obama Deception
EndGame - Blueprint for Global Enslavement

7/17/2009 3:40 PM

EisManX wrote:

ok so take the chain off and see if something isnt spinning easily like it should

glub wrote:

k in morning it 12pm nd wet and cold omg u should have seen how oily i got earlier was horrible went evreywhere i had no top on when i got out my i was like coverd it mank

EisManX wrote:

oh really? you dont say aye

yh lol eww

|

Biggest troll.

7/19/2009 7:38 AM

the splines on my cranks (what pedals screw into) keep popping out and rubbing frame i taped it didnt work now ive put super glue if this dont work what shall i use?

|

Biggest troll.

7/19/2009 8:22 AM

i need pictures, and yes you could have tightened your chain enough that it would make it hard to pedal, i do it all the time.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

7/19/2009 8:30 AM

ok if glue dont work ill get pics its the bit what the pedals scre to inside the crank its like a bolt what pedals screw into

|

Biggest troll.

7/19/2009 8:40 AM

glub wrote:

ok if glue dont work ill get pics its the bit what the pedals scre to inside the crank its like a bolt what pedals screw into

You might need to send em back in, that sounds like it could be defective, so that should be covered under warranty.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/19/2009 9:01 AM

glub wrote:

ok if glue dont work ill get pics its the bit what the pedals scre to inside the crank its like a bolt what pedals screw into

dave lawrence wrote:

You might need to send em back in, that sounds like it could be defective, so that should be covered under warranty.

got for 10er off m8 lol

|

Biggest troll.

7/19/2009 9:06 AM

Oh well then your fucked.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/19/2009 9:14 AM

can i do nehing?

|

Biggest troll.