crank pullers

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2008 3:53 PM

how do you use a crank puller to remove a 19mm 48 spline spindle
I have seen people bang it with a hammer, but what do I do first. I know to remove the arm on the opposite drive side. ??? I am getting it done at a shop but would still like to hear what you guy's know about it cuz Its the only thing I can't do myself.

|

12/16/2008 4:03 PM

Screw it in and pound on it with a rubber mallet, or a regular hammer if you want to make more noise. The tool basically extends the axle, allowing you to effectively pound on the end of the axle, freeing the crank arm from the spindle.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

12/16/2008 4:06 PM

my park tool crank puller is amazing. you screw it in then turn it like a wrench and it pushes the spindle out.

|

12/16/2008 4:18 PM

u might not have to use the hammer just screw it into the spindle
make sure u use the smaller part take the other peice off thats for puttin the cranks on
then tighten the tool til the crank comes off

|

LIVE HARD, RIDE HARD, DIE HARD

no brakes 4 pegs... streets all day

12/16/2008 4:22 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

make sure u use the smaller part take the other peice off thats for puttin the cranks on

You make more noise if you use a hammer though!!!!

|

12/16/2008 4:26 PM

tibug wrote:

Screw it in and pound on it with a rubber mallet, or a regular hammer if you want to make more noise. The tool basically extends the axle, allowing you to effectively pound on the end of the axle, freeing the crank arm from the spindle.

the widest point of the tool(not the threaded piece) doesn't fit inside of the interior diameter on the crank arm(where the flush mount bolts go) Is that part used in the removal? Does it not fit cuz its the wrong tool? Should you baby a spindle if its Titanium?

|

12/16/2008 4:29 PM

If that part doesn't fit just inside of the drive side crank arm hitting it doesnt transfer to the spindle you see. I thought I was supposed to thread the bolt all the way in and hit it but like I said the larger piece just butts up against the crank arm. How much of this bolt do I want to screw in? The more its threaded the safer right? Sorry but I feel like you guys are just on the brink of explaining this to me.

|

12/16/2008 4:29 PM

04wildman wrote:

the widest point of the tool(not the threaded piece) doesn't fit inside of the interior diameter on the crank arm(where the flush mount bolts go) Is that part used in the removal? Does it not fit cuz its the wrong tool? Should you baby a spindle if its Titanium?

That little round sleeve you have to take out. Sorry I didn't mention that first.

|

12/16/2008 4:30 PM

th3skyizthalimit wrote:

that answers one ? Thanks

|

12/16/2008 4:31 PM

Can I bang on a Ti with out worrying?

|

12/16/2008 4:32 PM

04wildman wrote:

Can I bang on a Ti with out worrying?

Yes...just make sure the crank tool is threaded in safely, as you said.

|

12/16/2008 4:36 PM

If I grease it up can I use my cock to just bang it out of there. hehehehehehehehehhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah!

|

12/16/2008 4:37 PM

04wildman wrote:

If I grease it up can I use my cock to just bang it out of there. hehehehehehehehehhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahah!

Well...gosh...I don't know...can you really get a hard on from fucking your bike? I mean, I haven't tried before...but I can't imagine...

|