cranks with a pinch bolt vs without

Related:
Create New Tag

1/11/2014 11:40 PM

I think they're called 48 splines or something. I just saw the name of them a little while ago. But what do you guys prefer to ride? I ccurrently pinch bolts but I've ruined two bolts by grinding. Not quite sure how though. My friend rolls the non punch bolt and has no scratches on his. But his left crank arm snapped today at the weld. Can anyone tell me which one is better and why? Also, what are the best cranks to go with? I have stole mob cranks.

|

1/11/2014 11:46 PM

48 spline cranks are better, they have a lot more area to grab on as opposed to 6 spline, 8 spline, 10 spline, 12 spline, and 16 spline cranks, yours are 8 spline I believe. They stay tighter too, and don't get that shifty feeling when your pinch bolts are a little loose. Any crank can break/snap, yours too.

|

1/11/2014 11:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2014 11:50 PM

Stolen mobs are shit, from what I heard anyway, Ive never had em so can't really say from personal experience, but I'd go with a decent set of splined cranks over some shitty pinch bolts anyday,

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/11/2014 11:52 PM

What are a good pair of cranks to go with? I've heard profile is good. But I'm not sure.

|

1/11/2014 11:53 PM

Fuck 48 spline. Thunderbolts are the only way to go. The best interface, proven to be the strongest cranks, and the best warranty in BMX.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/11/2014 11:53 PM

I've heard a lot of bad things about Profile Cranks. Get Thunderbolts.

|

1/12/2014 12:11 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I haven't had any problems with mine... and I know quite a few others that haven't had any problems with them

though I have heard on here of quite a few problems

the set makes some knarley cranks

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/12/2014 5:55 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Invest in some Thunder bolt cranks, I was just riding twom bolts for about two years and they never let me down, and I just upgraded to thunderbolts and they feel great

"GREAT INVESMENT" .'ps stolen mob cranks are garbage

|

4 peg rida Kill the scoot

1/12/2014 10:16 AM

I have odyssey thunderbolt cracks on my park bike and fly cracks on my flat bike. Both are great

|

fack off

1/12/2014 10:26 AM

thunderbolts
stolen mob cranks are shit, the teams are their best product

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/12/2014 10:32 AM

subrosa bitchin' 48spline 19mm full chromo.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/12/2014 10:33 AM

eclat or odyssey thunderbolts i have tibias and thunderbolts and just ordered onyx cranks!

|

brakeless maniac

1/12/2014 1:03 PM

Primo are the only way to go!

|

1/12/2014 1:28 PM

Id go with some of these:
Eclat tibias
Eclat maveriks
Odyssey thunderbolts
Subrosa bitchin
Primo hollowbites
Shadow noctis

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/12/2014 5:20 PM

That moment when you have six spline.....

|

1/12/2014 5:23 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

I haven't had any problems with mine... and I know quite a few others that haven't had any problems with them

though I have heard on here of quite a few problems

the set makes some knarley cranks

I haven't heard much about the set cranks... They look cool the set frame looked nice haven't heard much of them lately though

|