cult chain

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2013 8:55 PM

So what exactly make these half link chains sucky?

|

10/15/2013 8:57 PM

Oh another "cult makes this part, it sucks"

User error. User error makes them suck. Cult doesn't even make the chain, they put their name on it.

|

10/15/2013 9:01 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

User error. User error makes them suck. Cult doesn't even make the chain, they put their name on it.

I like the chain, I was wondering why people hate it.

|

10/15/2013 9:11 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I like the chain, I was wondering why people hate it.

you just asked what makes it sucky.

People hate it because of the "let's all hate cult!" trend, fabricated by people who probably never even owned a cult part. I know people with year or more old cult half link chains and are still going strong. if you put it together properly, & actually tend to it with lubing it every now & then, it'll last.

|

10/15/2013 9:17 PM

Every single link on mine was stretched in under 4months. I had to carry a chainbreaker and links whenever i wanted to ride. Replacing 2-4links a day.

That's all halflinks though. Its just the way they are. Theres a lot of force going on to each individual half of a link. On a full link, there's that exact same amount of force except spread out through a full link.

I personally wouldn't run any halflink, but the only reason the shadow is preferred is because its beefy as hell and harder to stretch (mine stretched completely in 6-8months). Compared to the cult which is half as beefy.

I guess halflinks are okay if you have below a 3.0 gear ratio and don't pedal pressure... (I have 3.3 and can't 180 on a quarter without pedal pressure)

No matter what, if you take a full link and make it just as beefy and out of the same materials as a halflink, the full link should always be stronger.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/15/2013 9:24 PM

Reynolds rides a cult chain....says it all

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/15/2013 9:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2013 9:28 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Reynolds rides a cult chain....says it all

Reynolds also used to ride Deathtraps... says it all.

Half link chains are inferior to full link chains because half link chains have numerous bends, rather than a full link chain, which will have none, or one if you use a single half link. The bends stretch very quickly and easily. When chains stretch, they weaken and wear your teeth faster.

|

10/15/2013 9:30 PM

Fuck. Who cares?! Just rig a lawnmower motor to your bike. Ffs.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/15/2013 9:40 PM

I said sucks because well, im trying to see it in their eyes, which I don't. I will probobly buy a whipperman g-8 after this walmart full link chain goes bad, which so far it hasn't, and use the whipperman for about all times.

|

10/15/2013 9:45 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Btw, im a racer so it is always the same cleaning routine afterwards, degreaser, hose it down. Towel dry, degrease chain, lubricate it, new masterlink some times because I destroy c-clips. I run a kmc z chain, only 1/8 chain at the track. I also use four piece bars and platform metal pedals. Primo super tenderizers in fact, so they be hating on my bike, phhhh, weight weenies.

|