custom seat

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2014 9:51 PM

Has anyone taken apart a seat and put their own fabric on it to make a custom seat? If so was it a pain and did it hold up good?

|

5/23/2014 5:05 AM

I did it with denim cover a while ago. Lasted a fair while.

I'm in the process of doing up a leather cover. Kind of copying native bikes leather work

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

5/23/2014 6:23 AM

It'll hold just fine if done right. I've done it before

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/23/2014 6:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2014 6:49 AM

Knockoff Demo D-fat. I used duct tape for a cover. Originally a DK Conductor seat/post combo.
Photo
Photo

This thing is comfy as hell and cheap to make. The original seat was only $10 at Walmart. Duct tape doesn't cost anything If you already have some. If not then it's only a few bucks. I used Gorilla tape. (For all you weight weenies, it only weighs like an ounce more than a fat pivotal without a post).

I guess I might as well post a tutorial.

What you are going to need is some foam (I ripped up another fat seat off a Walmart bike, so it was already in the right shape) Place it on the plastic seat and cover with duct tape (or whatever else you feel like using).
Now, It's time for the picture. You can do it with any custom artwork or logo that you want.
Just cut it out of paper, place it on top of the seat where you want it, and cover with packing tape (the see-through shit). Make sure you make it nice and neat.
Then, since packing tape likes to peel up, put a strip of the duct tape along the edge of the packing tape (where your strips of packing tape end).

And POOF! Your good to go.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/23/2014 7:03 AM

I did this one
Photo

Like tom said itll last if done right, thicker faric is better just because it wont tear when it hits the floor

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin