cycleing tires?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2017 10:54 AM

i got a new bmx i realized stock tires are not the best so i looked around for new tires for when these tires where down and i only want to get one tire and ofcouse my back tire is more worn out then my front tire and i heard somewhere that its best to take your front tire and put it in back then pu the new tire in front is this true?

|

9/26/2017 11:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 11:13 AM

Sorry, i didnt fully comprehend the post the first time. Yes this is a perfectly fine thing to do.

|

9/26/2017 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 11:16 AM

The only time this becomes weird is when you run different tire sizes in front and back.
Also keep in mind just because a tire says "2.4" or "2.0" or whatever that doesnt mean the inflated size will be true. I have some 2.25 tires that inflate bigger than a 2.3 and 2.4 at the same 80psi.

|

9/26/2017 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 11:19 AM

the tires i run now are rant squad tires so about 2.36 and the tire im looking into is 2.4 also i did check the inflate size of both

|

9/26/2017 11:25 AM

im just wondering if its worth the extra work....in my mind i want a better tire than what i have which is stock but i dont want to replace a good tire so mabey i will do this

|

9/26/2017 11:44 AM

bmxgangri123 wrote:

im just wondering if its worth the extra work....in my mind i want a better tire than what i have which is stock but i dont ...more

Once both become worn after you've swapped them, then invest in new tires.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/26/2017 11:46 AM

bmxgangri123 wrote:

im just wondering if its worth the extra work....in my mind i want a better tire than what i have which is stock but i dont ...more

readybmxer wrote:

so basicly your saying after i wear my back tire then swap them then wear down that one then get new tires.....

|

9/26/2017 11:49 AM

bmxgangri123 wrote:

so basicly your saying after i wear my back tire then swap them then wear down that one then get new tires.....

Yup. smile

|

@scootereyn

9/26/2017 11:51 AM

readybmxer wrote:

bmxgangri123 wrote:

readybmxer wrote:

Yup. smile

i dont think i like the idea of rideing a worn tire

|

9/26/2017 11:54 AM

bmxgangri123 wrote:

i dont think i like the idea of rideing a worn tire

Yes, which is why, once you've worn both, get new ones.

|

@scootereyn

9/26/2017 11:56 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Yes, which is why, once you've worn both, get new ones.

no i understand what u mean but i would rather just replace a tire once its worn out...mabey its for no reason but it just makes me feel better to know im not running low tread

|

9/26/2017 12:05 PM

bmxgangri123 wrote:

no i understand what u mean but i would rather just replace a tire once its worn out...mabey its for no reason but it just ...more

Ah, in that case, it'd be best to just buy two new ones, then. Use these old tires as last resort backups in the future.

|

@scootereyn

9/26/2017 12:08 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Ah, in that case, it'd be best to just buy two new ones, then. Use these old tires as last resort backups in the future.

actually a good idea only problem is that would cost me some cash

|

9/26/2017 12:52 PM

bmxgangri123 wrote:

no i understand what u mean but i would rather just replace a tire once its worn out...mabey its for no reason but it just ...more

readybmxer wrote:

bmxgangri123 wrote:

actually a good idea only problem is that would cost me some cash

So... you don't want to "waste cash" but you don't want to be frugal & ride a worn tire (even though it was a front & probably isn't that "worn")? Gotta make up your mind man. If you buy one tire, you will be riding on a worn tire. If you buy two new tires, you are going to war out one faster than the other.

|

9/26/2017 1:20 PM

Just buy a pair of good tyres. Then you don't have to faf about swapping them. Keep your current front tyre as a spare. Wide tyres suck, 2.3 at the very most is more than adequate

|

9/26/2017 2:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 2:54 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Just buy a pair of good tyres. Then you don't have to faf about swapping them. Keep your current front tyre as a spare. Wide ...more

I recommend getting the largest your bike can fit. You can pump em up to higher psi if you dont like the rolling resistance or bump the psi down to get a bit better traction or cushion.

Also black tires usually last longer treadwise and resistance against sun exposure than colored ones do.

Just buy one and keep whatever one you replace. Good to have a backup in case you slice a tire or get a catastrophic blow out. Once you have gone through a couple sets you can either keep collecting them and never use them, make a belt out of em, sell em cheap or go to a skatepark and make a small contest for some younger riders to win some tires. smile

|

9/26/2017 3:02 PM

Too many negatives with wide tyres. Even turning and carving is slower. They hinder grinds too

|

9/26/2017 5:56 PM

I can definitely see the negatives if you grind.

|

9/27/2017 5:26 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Too many negatives with wide tyres. Even turning and carving is slower. They hinder grinds too

i understand there is negatives but for me personally i prefer wider tires...maybe not the widest like bullet said but i like the way the bike feels and the traction you have with wide tires...

|

9/27/2017 6:44 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

bmxgangri123 wrote:

i understand there is negatives but for me personally i prefer wider tires...maybe not the widest like bullet said but i like ...more

They wont last as long but have you thought about picking up a lightweight tire? I never thought it made that much of a difference but lightweight wheels, tires, tubes etc. Make your bike feel so different, In a good way! I have no experience with the rant tires, not sure how they feel. I DID own one of their complete back wheels...lol wasnt good.

|