damn.... 2013

Related:
Create New Tag

1/10/2014 6:36 PM

So as we may all know, A LOT of trends,parts, riding styles and much more have changed in popularity and switched around quite a bit in 2013.

For me the things I have noticed are
1 -A lot more techy combo style riding in street videos (the ones I have seen)
2 -certain tricks blowing up out of nowhere (the crank flip for example. I have near to never heard of it being done and now it is done a lot more)
3 -not having to pedal backwards in fakies (goes along with the techy combos in street videos. AKA the freecoaster blowing the hell up)
4 -although I am not sure what people mean by this, but people riding slow when riding street
5 -fatter... and fatter... and FATTER tires showing up. as well as becoming slicker
6 -a lot of sponsor switches (seems more general though, but it has been more frequent this last year)
7 -at the end of the year, a lot of rider drops and "company pullouts" where co's are going away or just becoming farther away from the company/rider spotlight
8 -DVD's, Deadline (have to buy STILL, sadly), Markit Zero (seems pretty damn good)
9 -different spec and tech going into parts... examples below
--Frames going with more invest casting, shorter CS lengths on a lot more frames now.
--more forks with invest cast dropouts
--top load stems appearing EVERYWHERE
--bar height skyrocketing
--fuqin monster sized tires
--the tripod system
and more...
10 -last but NOT LEAST the wacky ass colors that have shown up such as oil slick, and a couple other things.

I could be wrong on a few things, this is from what has caught my attention. what are your guys thoughts on this. what do you think 2014 will bring?

SORRY if there is a repost of practically the exact same thing, I just did not feel like searching this time.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

1/10/2014 7:33 PM

tech riding is basically dead/dying from where im from, im like one of the only people I know that even likes the odd techy stuff

crankflips have always been my favorite trick, few years now... cant do em for shit anymore, but I used to do em for days

freecoasters are totes blowin up... but that's probably because of stuff like the one that switches to a cassette, I hate riding em, but id like to have one to fuck around with

ive always done a slow pace at street, I don't really like going fast unless I know it all perfect and such

I use whatever tires people give to me... I take leftovers

I don't pay attention to that stuff

""

""

some of that stuff comes in cycles, some is innovation attempts and such too

theres always been stuff like that man... pearlescent, ti dye, and such... its just a new one lol I almost bought a volume dinosaur frame that had an odd paint on it

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

1/11/2014 4:37 AM

oil slick parts look amazing actually using some in am up coming build I'll keep you posted. as for everything else I dunno times change and change effects everything from how we dress to how we ride to what we eat and drink. progress my friend like it or not will never stop progressing

|

1/11/2014 5:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/11/2014 5:22 AM

I don't think I care about any of this stuff, things change so what?

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/11/2014 7:58 AM

Basically, what happens is; a Pro does something either to try it or to be different and 'cool'(but he's actually just being a hipster), and everybody that follows him decides to do it too 'cause he does it. Then everybody they ride with does it because they think it's the new cool thing. Then almost everybody's doing it because it IS the new cool thing.

Doesn't really matter. Everything that's ever been the case or can be the case will be just as cool as anything else. I think when tricks become the 'in trick' to do they become boring and over-done very quickly. You see a crank flip every now and then and you think "Nice! Good job for adding that in there just to make it look a bit cooler". You see a crank flip every line and you think "*Yawn* Seen that a million times by a million riders now..."

|

1/11/2014 6:26 PM

Zhuxiong wrote:

Basically, what happens is; a Pro does something either to try it or to be different and 'cool'(but he's actually just being a hipster), and everybody that follows him decides to do it too 'cause he does it. Then everybody they ride with does it because they think it's the new cool thing. Then almost everybody's doing it because it IS the new cool thing.

Doesn't really matter. Everything that's ever been the case or can be the case will be just as cool as anything else. I think when tricks become the 'in trick' to do they become boring and over-done very quickly. You see a crank flip every now and then and you think "Nice! Good job for adding that in there just to make it look a bit cooler". You see a crank flip every line and you think "*Yawn* Seen that a million times by a million riders now..."

which is sad, because crankflips were muh shit, and errebody was like oh crankflips, you don't see those... and now theyre ehh lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "