deciding on next order

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2013 8:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2013 10:20 PM

so i have the ratchet, and i really cant decide on which guard to get for it, the g-sport ratchet guard or the BSD jersey barrier.

i have a jersey barrier on my primo mix and currenty have one on my marmoset. ive loved it. it has taken alot of abuse and ive never been hung up on anything,
the downside is that it is $25 but i can get replacement sleeves

no expeirence with a full metal guard like the gsport one. i know my friends in the past have had metal guards and theyve bent and hurt the spokes/hub

so help me vital! who has had one of these guards with a ratchet?

also, anyone have any comments/review on the cult butter pegs? im thinking of getting these too

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

6/27/2013 9:11 PM

I've had the metal ratchet guard. It was pretty solid. Didn't bend or deform or anything. And I have a bsd guard on my mix. Both are completely solid guards so its basically preference. Do you prefer metal or plastic hub guards?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/27/2013 9:22 PM

or get a chromoly guard not sure if they would fit dailly g guards are beefy i have some but they dont fit the anti gram

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/27/2013 9:35 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

or get a chromoly guard not sure if they would fit dailly g guards are beefy i have some but they dont fit the anti gram

dont think that would work considering the ratchet has a press on non drive side collar.

|

TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
facebook.
Instagram

6/27/2013 10:21 PM

also question for you all, cult butter pegs? good? bad? undecided?

|

TRANSPORTATION CHECK
facebook.
Instagram

6/27/2013 11:32 PM

I've run the ratchet guard for about 3 years now. It ha see formed abit but nothing major.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/27/2013 11:55 PM

element4all wrote:

They are decent from what i have seen. my one friend has one in the front and it slides like butter. may wear kinda quick but you can get sleeves and such.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/28/2013 2:26 AM

element4all wrote:

I haven't ridden them but I approve solely on the fact they come with an extra sleeve

|

6/28/2013 12:30 PM

I love my BSD Jersey Guard for my Mix? Or my Old Profile. I forget but it was nice!

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

6/28/2013 12:33 PM

element4all wrote:

tomdon wrote:

I haven't ridden them but I approve solely on the fact they come with an extra sleeve

main reason i am thinking of getting these is because they are about the same diameter as a normal peg at 36mm, my mpegs that i run right now are 34mm. like i loved my plegs but hated how big and bulky they are, plus they seemed to flex some on me

|

TRANSPORTATION CHECK
facebook.
Instagram

6/28/2013 1:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2013 1:06 PM

Get yourself a Knight Ratchet Guard if you can find one, or even more elusive but oh so very good! A Zodiac Eng Ratchet Guard! But whatever you do if you cannot find a Zodiac Guard in a shop (I think Empire have some) DO NOT Order one from Ken direct. You will be waiting an Eternity for it. I ordered a Tree Sprocket with a Socket Drive Modification from him in FEBRUARY!! & i still haven't received it!! He sent me every sized socket drive sprocket he makes as a consolation but i am not holding out any hope i will receive my Tree TBH.

Oh & Animal Butcher Long Pegs. Cannot go wrong with Animal, pretty much the best pegs out there! Also the longer versions are oh so much better! Also the V2 G-Sport Pleg will be hitting the stores super, super soon! It has a longer CRMO Insert than the original Pleg to help with Flex, Deformation & Eventual Breaking the Original Plegs suffered from. I still run G-Sport Plegs they are my favorite plastic peg! If they were just a smidge longer i would never run another peg again,

|

6/28/2013 6:18 PM

element4all wrote:

tomdon wrote:

element4all wrote:

main reason i am thinking of getting these is because they are about the same diameter as a normal peg at 36mm, my mpegs that i run right now are 34mm. like i loved my plegs but hated how big and bulky they are, plus they seemed to flex some on me

Thermalites are the same way. Mine flexed on me. I don't ride plastic unless it has a full metal core the entire length of the peg

|

6/28/2013 6:41 PM

Topsey wrote:

Get yourself a Knight Ratchet Guard if you can find one, or even more elusive but oh so very good! A Zodiac Eng Ratchet Guard! But whatever you do if you cannot find a Zodiac Guard in a shop (I think Empire have some) DO NOT Order one from Ken direct. You will be waiting an Eternity for it. I ordered a Tree Sprocket with a Socket Drive Modification from him in FEBRUARY!! & i still haven't received it!! He sent me every sized socket drive sprocket he makes as a consolation but i am not holding out any hope i will receive my Tree TBH.

Oh & Animal Butcher Long Pegs. Cannot go wrong with Animal, pretty much the best pegs out there! Also the longer versions are oh so much better! Also the V2 G-Sport Pleg will be hitting the stores super, super soon! It has a longer CRMO Insert than the original Pleg to help with Flex, Deformation & Eventual Breaking the Original Plegs suffered from. I still run G-Sport Plegs they are my favorite plastic peg! If they were just a smidge longer i would never run another peg again,

i feel your pain on zodiac, about a year ago i had a primo mix axle sent to them to be converted to a 3/8th, took them about 5 months.
but he refunded all my money including cost of axle/bolts

|

TRANSPORTATION CHECK
facebook.
Instagram