degrease dat badboy.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/1/2011 8:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2011 3:15 PM

degreased my hub, pawls n all, very very loud, like profile loud, just a more agressive sound, anyway, noticed my hub dosent spin for as long, tis normal ? or do i need to put some grease in there, i bent the spring too btw

EDIT:greased it up, now when it starts to slow down, it makes a weird noise ?

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

8/1/2011 8:53 AM

quick tip i dont recommend bending anything inside your hub...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

8/1/2011 8:54 AM

well.....

i feel like you should have expected this to happen when you take the lubricant out of something that spins...

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

8/1/2011 8:56 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

well.....

i feel like you should have expected this to happen when you take the lubricant out of something that spins...

word

|

Get off your little kid bikes and get a CRUISER!

8/1/2011 8:58 AM

Any metal on metal contact should have grease.

|

8/1/2011 9:02 AM

Niglet wrote:

Any metal on metal contact should have grease.

true i have grease on my pedal spindle into my cranks

|

Honey badger don't give a shit
Bobby Getz is my secret lover from Dayton Ohio

8/1/2011 9:02 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

well.....

so its normal yeah ?

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

8/1/2011 9:06 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

well.....

mccarthy04 wrote:

so its normal yeah ?

yeah, if its not greased it's harder for it to spin. It's hitting pure metal, not slippery grease.

|

Lol. Xzibit plz
Shakesman69: Seeing a girl on a bike is like seeing a unicorn walking down the main street.
Brokenbmx: i pooped butterflies once.

Bought from: Ridebmx456 TCbmx(x2) Wade., Ticaleb
Sold to: Sprocket: Mike - E, Front Hub: Kroller, Back wheel: imgoingtohavetocuthere
Local deal for a rear wheel with: bmx

8/1/2011 9:07 AM

cupovjoe wrote:

well.....

mccarthy04 wrote:

so its normal yeah ?

BmxRida4lyfe wrote:

yeah, if its not greased it's harder for it to spin. It's hitting pure metal, not slippery grease.

okay :D

|

My Bicyclemachine.

8/1/2011 12:08 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

well.....

true story

|

8/1/2011 12:23 PM

mother of pearl....

before you know it we will be hearing, 'i lost my frame and now my bike doesn't work, is this normal?'

|

8/1/2011 1:04 PM

Put at least a little grease back in there man

|

8/1/2011 2:20 PM

you need grease in your hub and driver. if you run it dry you will burn out your driver and possibly damage the hub. only dumbasses take grease out of a piece of machinery that needs grease. nowhere will you find anyone who knows bikes telling you its ok to have no grease in your hub just to make it sound louder.(which is a dumbass reason in the first place.)

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

8/1/2011 2:21 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

well.....

haha this

|

Just ride and stop being a DICK to the new kids

8/1/2011 2:23 PM

*facepalm
Grease decreases the coefficient of friction within the hub, so of course your hub wil be slower without grease.

|

8/1/2011 2:28 PM

D Thompson wrote:

mother of pearl....

before you know it we will be hearing, 'i lost my frame and now my bike doesn't work, is this normal?'

still dont understand why you have to be such a dick to every single person on this site

|

My Bicyclemachine.

8/1/2011 2:29 PM

LorenzoGallegos wrote:

*facepalm
Grease decreases the coefficient of friction within the hub, so of course your hub wil be slower without grease.

no its scientifically proven that louder hubs are faster because they make more noise per click. this heats up the air because the air is louder and makes the wheel faster.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

8/1/2011 2:34 PM

ugh fuck it, ill regrease it

|

My Bicyclemachine.

8/1/2011 2:39 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

ugh fuck it, ill regrease it

thats what i thought

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

8/1/2011 2:45 PM

you're fucking stiupid
Trendy little kids with their "loud" "tickers"

|

I'm Fat, so what?
50 REFS!!!!!
TRAILER TRASH
BSD TRAILORPARK 21.1 Almost mint FOR SALE!!!! TEXT ME
if u need to talk to me
708 336 1697

8/1/2011 3:15 PM

for new problem : greased it up, now when it starts to slow down, it makes a weird noise ?

|

My Bicyclemachine.

8/1/2011 3:19 PM

define weird.

Loud hubs make more people know your coming when you yell scramble motherfuckers

|

8/1/2011 3:23 PM

mccarthy04 wrote:

for new problem : greased it up, now when it starts to slow down, it makes a weird noise ?

loosen the bearings? and dont over tighten your driver

|

[b]( . Y . )` ~ ~ ` ~

8/1/2011 3:32 PM

You obviously have no clue what youre doing, I bet you're wishing you never took apart your hub in the first place.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE] 
Just for the record, when I got my BTM... It wasn't "Trendy"

8/1/2011 3:36 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

well.....

CALE wrote:

word

amen

|

8/1/2011 3:37 PM

traviswooten727 wrote:

You obviously have no clue what youre doing, I bet you're wishing you never took apart your hub in the first place.

i do haha, just wondering why it makes the noise

|

My Bicyclemachine.

8/1/2011 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/1/2011 3:37 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

no its scientifically proven that louder hubs are faster because they make more noise per click. this heats up the air because the air is louder and makes the wheel faster.

Oh yeah and then you take the square root of the temperature of the air, and multiply it by the number of pawls cool

|

8/1/2011 3:41 PM

View My Video

as it starts to slow down, it goes louder then quiter etc, turn volume right up and listen closely ...
|

My Bicyclemachine.

8/1/2011 3:43 PM

mccarthy04 wrote: View My Video

as it starts to slow down, it goes louder then quiter etc, turn volume right up and listen closely ...

only way i could describe it is as if its going, warp warp warp warp warp in the back ground

|

My Bicyclemachine.

8/1/2011 3:43 PM

mccarthy04 wrote: View My Video

mccarthy04 wrote:

only way i could describe it is as if its going, warp warp warp warp warp in the back ground

sounds like your flux capacitor is facing the wrong way.

|

Bike check?