1/29/2014 12:41 PM

Looks good

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/29/2014 1:24 PM

Dig the ratchet head bolt.

How well do 24mm mid BBs hold up though?

|

I come from a land known as BMX-Forum.

refs: pcoco(x2), aw1234512, bmxscout48, DARECK(trade), Showtime402, and a couple others from BMX-Forum

1/29/2014 1:27 PM

kwc92 wrote:

Dig the ratchet head bolt.

How well do 24mm mid BBs hold up though?

I got the 24mm Fit Indents and every thing holds up fine.

|

1/29/2014 1:40 PM

pretty damn sick

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

1/29/2014 1:59 PM

Wouldn't buy anything but Thunderbolts but I'm digging the bolts.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/29/2014 2:04 PM

I just picked up some fit 24 indents I'm psyched

|

1/29/2014 2:22 PM

Don't really see the need for a socket wrench bolt. It's easier to take an allen key and tighten it , then have to get your socket wrench , switch/adjust the sides , then take it off. Plus , odds are someone will have a allen key then a wrench. You can just put an allen key in your pocket.

Cool , but an unecessary gimmick.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/29/2014 2:23 PM

The Rachet bolt is a cool idea. Less chance of stripping and one less tool!

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/29/2014 2:29 PM

I would hope they'd still use a 6mm allen key in the center, looks like they do but can't be sure. for some people, that's another tool they'd need because not everyone will have that exact ratchet size. I know mine's 1/2" & parts such as compression caps with ratchet head broaches aren't all the same sizes, I've seen both 3/8" & 1/4" sizes. Same goes for hubs that use that concept for their axle bolts.

And now for the unpopular opinion time, I really don't see the hype in 24mm cranks. I've never seen a 22mm spindle break, or even bend for that matter. 19mm I've seen a few bend, but never break personally. I get that maybe some people want to feel like they're never going to break them, but in my opinion it's unnecessary. And also adds another BB to the mix & you can only really get them if you have a Mid BB anyway, Spanish BBs would be too tiny.

|

1/29/2014 3:04 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I would hope they'd still use a 6mm allen key in the center, looks like they do but can't be sure. for some people, that's another tool they'd need because not everyone will have that exact ratchet size. I know mine's 1/2" & parts such as compression caps with ratchet head broaches aren't all the same sizes, I've seen both 3/8" & 1/4" sizes. Same goes for hubs that use that concept for their axle bolts.

And now for the unpopular opinion time, I really don't see the hype in 24mm cranks. I've never seen a 22mm spindle break, or even bend for that matter. 19mm I've seen a few bend, but never break personally. I get that maybe some people want to feel like they're never going to break them, but in my opinion it's unnecessary. And also adds another BB to the mix & you can only really get them if you have a Mid BB anyway, Spanish BBs would be too tiny.

I think a lot of companies are jumping to 24 mm as they can increase the strength of the spindle over a 19 mm while not really adding much weight because the spindles themselves are very hollow.

Is it a game changer? Probably not, but this new generation of cranks is looking quite promising. Personally I just like the rachet idea as we see a lot of kids strip their allen bolts by using the wrong size allen wrench or using it improperly, and with a rachet its going to be a lot harder to do this.

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

1/29/2014 3:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/29/2014 3:42 PM

I run Indent 24s and love them. I am worried about the thinner BB but its held up so far. Cranks are super stiff and since the spindle is bigger, the splines are also slightly bigger which helps with stripping/seizing of the splines. Also im pretty sure 24mms are lighter and obviously stronger.

The ratchet bolt has its ups and downs. I think if it had a 6mm broach under it than itd be whatever, because personally id rather use a small allen wrench instead of a ratchet.

I like Fit's design better. The crank tool attaches to a ratchet and the bolts have a 8mm and 6mm broach. Super easy installation.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/30/2014 1:49 AM

i think that the ratchet bol tis good coz it can be awkward spinning the allen key round and round when putting the bolt in. but its not that annoying. still i nice touch though

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)