disgusting sticky grips

Related:
Create New Tag

2/2/2013 8:39 PM

I had this problem for a few years on some grips. Some grips get really sticky and make your hands sticky after and its disgusting. Is there a way to fix it? I usually put body powder onto my grips. But its only temporary for like a day or two.

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

2/2/2013 8:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2013 8:44 PM

Buy another pair that won't get sticky

|

2/2/2013 8:46 PM

I'd say try washing em with a washcloth after a session

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

2/2/2013 8:47 PM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Very helpful. Smd

|

Phone # 925 353 6162
Bought from: hookjrclc, scramhype, tito24, howlerfbm, pavimo, bmxkitten, others
Traded with: Kroller, the Balt, trentydoo

2/2/2013 8:48 PM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Bmx-junkie wrote:

Very helpful. Smd

Well it is better than dusting your grips with powder
Smd

|

2/2/2013 8:50 PM

it might be your hands. my grips NEVER get sticky from me riding them, but I let someone ride my bike the other day and when he gave it back, they were sticky.. fuckin gross

|

2/2/2013 8:53 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

it might be your hands. my grips NEVER get sticky from me riding them, but I let someone ride my bike the other day and when he gave it back, they were sticky.. fuckin gross

Lololol. Its not my hands. Well I hope not. Because my duos doesn't make them sticky but these fit tech do. Maybe its because they're new. I remember a long long long time ago when fit dak grips were out. Those were the stickiest grossest things in the world.

|

Jade Bike Check
Refs : ninjacat33 ; SuperstarDk ; ecuadevil ; xbikeascammer ;blizzbikes ; tcbmx ; mattjmuldoon@hotmail ;bmx ; Uoykcuf ; BrokenBmx, the balt; Pavimo; bmx-junkie; Fit.Team.Rider' tito24; trentydoo; brendan.magner.9 ;Scramhype ; Jonathan.Vargas ; jared42069; tomdon ; lifeofridden2200; howlerfbm

2/2/2013 8:53 PM

Try some drysol

That should do the trick

|

2/2/2013 8:54 PM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Well it is better than dusting your grips with powder
Smd

Not really because I rather dust my grips than spend 8$ call me a Jew...

|

Jade Bike Check

2/2/2013 8:55 PM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Try some drysol

That should do the trick

Its probably same as the powder

|

Jade Bike Check

2/2/2013 8:56 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Maybe the guy with sticky hands, grips are sticky and they make his hands sticky lol.

|

Jade Bike Check

2/2/2013 8:57 PM

Maybe you should stop eating melted chocolate bars while riding

|

2/2/2013 8:59 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

dream wrote:

Maybe the guy with sticky hands, grips are sticky and they make his hands sticky lol.

he wasn't on a bike haha he was driving and hadn't ridden in forever

|

2/2/2013 9:01 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

he wasn't on a bike haha he was driving and hadn't ridden in forever

Ew lmao!!!

|

Jade Bike Check

2/3/2013 12:07 AM

Wear Gloves.

|

2/3/2013 3:38 AM

Try to put some water over them and dry them with a cloth or something.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/3/2013 4:08 AM

Go grip less

|

2/3/2013 4:14 AM

sunny.jomofo wrote:

Go grip less

Sunny.jomofo goes full GANGSTA.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/3/2013 4:29 AM

I'd say wear gloves or get used to the feel of sticky grips.

|

2/3/2013 10:04 AM

When my grips get sticky I take a bowl of soapy water and an old toothbrush and I scrub my grips till they're clean

|

Bicycles, Bikes and Cycles

2/3/2013 10:22 AM

meltonman wrote:

When my grips get sticky I take a bowl of soapy water and an old toothbrush and I scrub my grips till they're clean

Sounds good.

|

Jade Bike Check

2/3/2013 11:45 AM

i dont know man, it jsut happens with some grips, you get used to it... and eventually it stops

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

8/4/2017 12:06 AM

I put them in really how water and dishwasher detergent for about 30 minutes (longer wouldn't hurt) and it worked awesome

|

8/4/2017 12:59 AM

Photo

|

8/4/2017 5:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 5:33 AM

1st, what grips are you talking about? 2nd, HONESTLY, try different grips.

You may love the grips initially but OBVIOUSLY, you don't after they get shitty. It sounds like a manufacturing/material issue.

If you bought a car that you loved initially but then you hated that it wasn't the quality you had hoped, would you keep buying that car in the future if nothing changed?

WELL F*!K!!! THis is the oldest F-ING THREAD!

P.S. That's some funny shit BcBMX80

|

8/5/2017 10:18 AM

2013 guys. Good lord

|

11/12/2019 7:49 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

2013 guys. Good lord

No it’s 2019, and I personally love sticky grips and came to this thread to find ways to make the grips even more sticky. The feeling of better grip on your grips is a good thing how could OP find it disgusting?

|