dk Alpha hub thoughts

Related:
Create New Tag

5/4/2021 8:03 PM

Hi so I know it is a older hub but I am trying to keep my build parts from around 2010-2014 and was wondering what your guys experiences have been with this hub and if you think it is a good hub mostly looking for thoughts- reviews on the hub though. Thank in advance for replies,
Chris

|

5/4/2021 8:12 PM

Donkey Kong

|

5/4/2021 8:15 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Donkey Kong

Yes I know lol but has anyone had this hub and have anything to say about it good or bad?

|

5/4/2021 9:34 PM

Not sure why you would want to focus on a time of transition when it was a mix of bad and worse..

Step into today bro.. They got most everything figured out on a level that's just badass compared that period's standards...

|

5/4/2021 10:29 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Not sure why you would want to focus on a time of transition when it was a mix of bad and worse..

Step into today bro.. They ...more

Because it's fun

I built a bike out of mid-late 2000's parts and its a blast

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom

5/4/2021 10:48 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Because it's fun

I also know that level fully... Good point! But...

Photo

|

5/5/2021 4:45 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Because it's fun

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

I also know that level fully... Good point! But...

Photo

I actually plan to build something out of an old MTB frame I have laying around and toss a motor on it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

5/6/2021 6:53 AM

I had them, no issues but I didn't grind them and the front is a 3/8" male axle. Feel like it's kinda hard to fuck up a traditional cassette hub design.

|

5/6/2021 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2021 8:09 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

I had them, no issues but I didn't grind them and the front is a 3/8" male axle. Feel like it's kinda hard to fuck up a ...more

Were they nice? Just looking at the rear cassette but want to here reviews on them since I can't find much about them.
Also why would I build a bmx out of 2011-2014 parts? I would because I like the geo of a lot of those parts and because it just fun and I want to have my build look like it was from that time since my frame is a stolen cherry from 2011.

|

5/7/2021 4:55 PM

I have the front Alpha hub off my friend’s old DK complete, from I believe 2013. Axle is very long, so I cut it, but works great for me. That said, I don’t do any grinds, so I can’t attest to that sort of durability.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn