do i have to..

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2010 9:18 AM

strip all the clearcoat off my raw cardona to paint it? or can i prep it right on the clear coat?

|

refs: fit2fly, spikez5, TommyBoy, traviswooten, gstring02, FlyOrDie711, harry95, ridebmx456, mikelee, dallybiker45, redcrayon(scammed me), dkoldschool98, njbmxerdude, aw1234512, sharkcity408, ridehard93, lilbmxkid, burkminipup, irideafly, deanridesbikes, whirls32, X_Woody_X, _empath, xBikeaholic, and the list goes on... theres more, but i think theres quite enough.

2/18/2010 9:26 AM

you can prep it on the clear. i'd strip it though just to make sure it comes out the beset it can. that'll be an easy strip job too.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

2/18/2010 9:28 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

you can prep it on the clear. i'd strip it though just to make sure it comes out the beset it can. that'll be an easy strip job too.

am i gonna have to use aircraft stipper? becuase if i sand it, the metal will have a bad finish.

|

refs: fit2fly, spikez5, TommyBoy, traviswooten, gstring02, FlyOrDie711, harry95, ridebmx456, mikelee, dallybiker45, redcrayon(scammed me), dkoldschool98, njbmxerdude, aw1234512, sharkcity408, ridehard93, lilbmxkid, burkminipup, irideafly, deanridesbikes, whirls32, X_Woody_X, _empath, xBikeaholic, and the list goes on... theres more, but i think theres quite enough.

2/18/2010 9:28 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

bstick wrote:

am i gonna have to use aircraft stipper? becuase if i sand it, the metal will have a bad finish.

haha, forgot i was painting it. i guess it doesnt matter what the metal looks like. hahah. FAIL.

|

2/18/2010 9:30 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

bstick wrote:

bstick wrote:

haha, forgot i was painting it. i guess it doesnt matter what the metal looks like. hahah. FAIL.

lol

you could just sand it down if you wanted, aircraft stripper is better though. saves time and your hands, cuz sanding paint makes mine all dryed out and crack.

|

2/18/2010 9:31 AM

bstick wrote:

bstick wrote:

ridebmxnc wrote:

lol

you could just sand it down if you wanted, aircraft stripper is better though. saves time and your hands, cuz sanding paint makes mine all dryed out and crack.

this. save time and energy using aircraft stripper

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/18/2010 9:31 AM

bstick wrote:

bstick wrote:

ridebmxnc wrote:

lol

i want to paint my frame and forks either school bus yellow or a mint green, to go with red and black parts.

|

2/18/2010 9:37 AM

bstick wrote:

ridebmxnc wrote:

lol

bstick wrote:

i want to paint my frame and forks either school bus yellow or a mint green, to go with red and black parts.

have you seen what that will look like. if not, go on this site dont want it to look shit

|

PSN - TheNunPoacher

2/18/2010 9:38 AM

Not sure if I personally like either of those color options. But that is up to you and my opinion should not matter. I posted up a thread in the old school section a couple of hours ago. In that thread there is a video clip of a bunch of old bikes from some show. On that video is a picture of (I believe it is) a Dyno that is all yellow with red parts. It may give you an idea of what it will look like. Of course everything metal on it appears to be yellow if I remember correctly but might be worth taking a look at it.

Chemical stripper for the win btw.

|

Proverbs 3:5-6

2/18/2010 9:39 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2010 9:39 AM

ridebmxnc wrote:

lol

bstick wrote:

camjf wrote:

have you seen what that will look like. if not, go on this site dont want it to look shit

thank youuuu, ive always wanted to find one of these.

|

2/18/2010 10:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 1:05 AM

1. [LINK TO IMAGE]

2.[LINK TO IMAGE]

3. [LINK TO IMAGE]

4. [LINK TO IMAGE]

pick one. and should i reapholster my seat with red flannel, or red fur?

|

2/18/2010 10:08 AM

I like the mint green one and most defff the red fur

|

.Trinity Bikes Freestyle team.
.Ride for fun, its what matters.
4 years in this shit SWAGGGGG$$$$$$##

"I'd punch a little kid dead in the face if he came at me with a knife, I don't care how old you are, don't fuck with me. "

2/18/2010 10:09 AM

do the yellow one with yellow bars

|

2/18/2010 10:09 AM

Red fur and paint it brown with yellow dots. That way it looks like corny poo.

But most likely the last one out of the four

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/18/2010 10:11 AM

im diggin' the minty fresh i think. i thought i wanted the school bus yellow. chrome bars too.

|

2/18/2010 11:32 AM

You want to take the shine off,you don't have to strip all the clear just fough it up a little with a high grit sand paper somethin around 1000.can't remember all the grits for it

|

2/18/2010 1:27 PM

i used paint remover when i wanted to strip the paint off my frame.

|

2/18/2010 1:29 PM

I just sanded the clear some and painted this kinda trans looking green on my old frame

|