do i need a cromo frame

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2013 5:44 PM

im new to bmx and want to get into it this summer, so do i need all cromo or can i save 150 $ going without cromo

|

swag swag like caillou

2/28/2013 5:47 PM

no not full crmo but down tube and op tube should be cromo

|

2/28/2013 5:59 PM

you wanna stay away from frames that are made of high-ten steel, it's brittle and prone to breaking.

|

2/28/2013 6:35 PM

|

2/28/2013 6:49 PM

Try to avoid frames that say they have Chromoly DT or TT cause they're in most if not all cases half hi-tensile steel, always look for "Full chromoly" or 100% chromoly frames" all after market frames are like this.
Unfortunately frames are expensive in fact the average price is of 300 but you can get some cheaper ones like the ones Big_ol_schlong showed you.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/28/2013 7:29 PM

Brownboys wrote:

what? you want full chromo frames

|

2/28/2013 7:41 PM

Yes, you want full chromo, even if you're just starting as you get better the hi ten steel frame isn't going to be good.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/28/2013 7:46 PM

Brownboys wrote:

Was that a joke of some kind that we all missed?

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

2/28/2013 8:21 PM

|

swag swag like caillou

2/28/2013 9:15 PM

YES!!!! I would actually buy that or the WTP Zodiac. Both awesome and will last you a long time before you will have to get new parts. You can also change the drive side which is cool because if you end up being right foot forward, you won't want to grind on your drive side.

|

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:

2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "

Ride For:

42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

2/28/2013 9:33 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Acually after a second thought most bikes that are dt and tt cromo aren't to good half sealed bearings and stuff get a full cromo bmx it'll be better in the long run.

|

3/1/2013 4:27 AM

Brownboys wrote:

Acually after a second thought most bikes that are dt and tt cromo aren't to good half sealed bearings and stuff get a full cromo bmx it'll be better in the long run.

Chromoly has nothing to do with sealed bearings or not...

|

3/1/2013 2:05 PM

If your funds are tight and as you stated your a beginner rider. I think a Hi-Ten frame would be fine. You can get a nicely equipped complete, and while progressing your riding save up for an aftermarket frame to put all your parts on.

|

3/1/2013 2:37 PM

Brownboys wrote:

sbc785 wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

Sounds like somebody doesnt know shit

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

3/1/2013 3:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/1/2013 3:36 PM

sbc785 wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

Big_ol_schlong wrote:

wait wtf did I say yesteray? watever full cromo

|

3/1/2013 8:41 PM

Brownboys wrote:

Big_ol_schlong wrote:

Brownboys wrote:

wait wtf did I say yesteray? watever full cromo

What did u say yesterday?

|

3/1/2013 10:36 PM

i think haro makes a cheap full chromoly frame

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

3/2/2013 1:10 AM

http://www.danscomp.com/products-BIKES/102163/2013_Kink_Hamlin_Pro_Bike.html
Lol get this or a bike from Vein, this things dope.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert