do i need a specific drive side hub guard or can u just use a universal rear hub?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2019 6:30 AM

I'm looking at hub guard and i do not know weather i need a drive side hub thats made for the drive side, or if i can just use a universal one.
https://missionbmx.com/shop/hub-guards/universal-rear-hub-guard/
these are the rear guards i am looking at. do i need to get a drive side hub also or will this guard work for both sides?

|

4/10/2019 6:42 AM

You'll need another guard for the drive side.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/10/2019 6:48 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

But does it have to be drive side specific?

|

4/10/2019 7:01 AM

JacobZ wrote:

Yes, how do you imagine the chain might get to the driver with the one you linked? wink

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/10/2019 7:02 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

JacobZ wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

Yes, how do you imagine the chain might get to the driver with the one you linked? wink

Haha. Ok thanks

|

4/10/2019 7:04 AM

JacobZ wrote:

I'm looking at hub guard and i do not know weather i need a drive side hub thats made for the drive side, or if i can just use a universal one.
https://missionbmx.com/shop/hub-guards/universal-rear-hub-guard/
these are the rear guards i am looking at. do i need to get a drive side hub also or will this guard work for both sides?

Bruh. Right in the description on the site:

Designed to fit most rear hubs, sliding over the existing hardware on the non-drive side. Constructed from 100% heat-treated chromoly, the Mission guard is guaranteed to hold up to a long life of grinds on all surfaces!

You'd need a drive-side hubguard for your drive side. Whatever hub you have you'd need to search for that specific guard.

You could also however look into the G-Sport Uniguard which is basically just a crescent shaped guard that sits under your driver to protect it.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/10/2019 3:46 PM

Uniguard is one of the few universal drive side guards. Don't suppose anyone knows of a plastic equivalent?

|