does crank length affect barspins ?

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2013 5:17 PM

just wondering because i ride 27 " wide bars and a 21 top tube and still always get my bars to hit my knee , my cranks are 175 mm , i have to completely keep my legs perfectly straight to not get hit , but i get a really bad hop . would getting shorter cranks make it easier to not hit my knee and get a higher hop ?

|

12/8/2013 6:32 PM

BUMP

|

12/8/2013 6:39 PM

No

|

12/8/2013 6:41 PM

Longer cranks = more torque to your drivetrain . Also makes catching whips easier

Shorter cranks = more responsive. keeps your feet away from hitting your pegs.

In a sense a bigger crank would provide more of a platform for your feet when you throw , but 5-10mm wouldn't be that noticeable at all.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/8/2013 6:55 PM

brianoob wrote:

No

ok thanks any ideas on what i could be doing wrong ?

|

12/8/2013 7:03 PM

higher rise bars will help keep your knees from being hit

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/8/2013 7:07 PM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

hmm that might be a factor im using 8 inch rise

btw did u ever get back into barspins after u broke ur foot ?

|

12/8/2013 7:56 PM

chad88 wrote:

almost landed one last timd i tried a few weeks ago at rays, some guy told me it helps to keep your shoulders over your bars, haven't really tried since because i sold my stranger frame and began riding my sunday funday again the geometry just doesn't work for me, im hoping my new solid kil frame will feel good so i can begin trying them again

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram

old edit

12/9/2013 8:53 AM

the best thing you can do to help improve your barspins is to practice. There's no quick fix for learning tricks.

Look at the bike set ups' that people have used over the years. short bars, tall bars, drop stems, short top tubes, bars forward, bars back, seat low, seat high, etc.

People did bar spins on all these different set ups.

If your seat is really really low, my suggestion is to raise it up a tad, while you're learning them.

|

12/9/2013 9:18 AM

pnj wrote:

the best thing you can do to help improve your barspins is to practice. There's no quick fix for learning tricks.

Look at the bike set ups' that people have used over the years. short bars, tall bars, drop stems, short top tubes, bars forward, bars back, seat low, seat high, etc.

People did bar spins on all these different set ups.

If your seat is really really low, my suggestion is to raise it up a tad, while you're learning them.

i agree with this, it has been proven that no matter how the bike is set up it all comes back to practice

|

Testimony and apologies

instagram

old edit

12/9/2013 3:25 PM

chad88 wrote:

After breaking my hand doing a barspin and being off for about a month and a half i found that the best way to relearn bars was just to throw i didn't land my first one but it only took me a couple tries

|

12/9/2013 5:59 PM

one more question is it really that bad that i throw to my back foot ?

|

12/9/2013 6:28 PM

throw 'em whatever way feels best.

People want to make up dumb rules for tricks , and sometimes they make sense, but with barspins, who cares. Learn 'em both directions and it won't matter. wink

Just practice. a lot.

|