does snow/rain stop you guys?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/3/2013 6:29 PM

Photo
does snow or rain ever stop you guys? post your stories of the craziest weather youve rode below :p
|

11/3/2013 6:34 PM

Yes it does.

|

11/3/2013 6:41 PM

Ya dude how's edmonton doing for snow.......there's to much an hour south of Edmonton to be riding......might hit up incline once In a while this year but that parks to tiny for my liking

|

11/3/2013 6:42 PM

Rain does but not snow but that because it doesnt snow where i live.

Its not really that it stops me i like riding in the rain but i have a retarded lung so if i get really cold its hard to breathe

I yhink the craziest weather I've ever ridden in (tried to ride in actually) was when i was at a friends house and the wind gusts where 80 mph soo

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/3/2013 6:51 PM

Yes, to an extent. If the roads are caked in snow, im screwed. Rain can stop me, but only if it is bad. Sometimes ill just go ride in a sheltered area somewhere. I hate bad weather. I just wish i lived in the South still where it didnt rain so often and was always hot and never snowed. Fuck snow, rain, and the cold.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/3/2013 6:54 PM

rain. to an extent. (see my bike check)
Snow. I live in sunny cali. coldest it gets is 50

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/3/2013 7:38 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Ya dude how's edmonton doing for snow.......there's to much an hour south of Edmonton to be riding......might hit up incline once In a while this year but that parks to tiny for my liking

yeah its way too snowy to ride now i hate it

|

11/3/2013 7:53 PM

was riding on the beach during the hurricane in australia a year back and it was fun as hell. Ride with the wind and you could manual forages until you hit any water. Constant feed of rain meant grinds were easy and they night was fun as hell

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

11/3/2013 10:07 PM

Rain = Yes
Slush = Yes
Snow = No

We'll it depends if theirs a path with compacted snow then ya I'll ride.. But never in powder and I will never ride in hale... You would be the stupidest person ever to do that, you never know how big their going to get.. Some get to the size of your head... You or your bike get hit and shits going wrong... Bent sprocket, Broken spokes, Pinch Flats and dents..

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/3/2013 10:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2013 10:47 PM

Rain? Yes. Fuck that shit, hate being out riding then suddenly a downpour occurs & you're soaked in seconds. that & it makes everything slippery afterwards.

Snow? Yes and no.. A slight dusting doesn't stop me but once it starts getting thicker, it sucks, and once it starts laying, everything becomes slippery too. Full on blizzard status though I won't ride in, same with slush all over the place. Once it does lay though, I'll ride if places are plowed. Sometimes we even get creative and make snowmen & bunnyhop over them haha

|

11/3/2013 10:59 PM

Rain, it sometime stops me. But If I'm out riding & it starts raining I usually put up with it and continue to ride.

Snow, yes haha. I do not do actual riding in the snow but I usually go out with my friends and slide around haha.

|

11/4/2013 4:26 AM

Yup. When it rains I'll ride flatland in my apartments garage lol

|

fack off

11/4/2013 8:00 AM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Rain = Yes
Slush = Yes
Snow = No

We'll it depends if theirs a path with compacted snow then ya I'll ride.. But never in powder and I will never ride in hale... You would be the stupidest person ever to do that, you never know how big their going to get.. Some get to the size of your head... You or your bike get hit and shits going wrong... Bent sprocket, Broken spokes, Pinch Flats and dents..

This made me laugh. I would love to see some dumbass riding around in the hail. We had a hail storm over the summer that lasted almost a half hour, and the hail was between 1/2-3/4 of an inch, and got to be about 2" deep. Most I've ever seen.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/4/2013 8:12 AM

Snow does UNLESS I can shovel it off something and have dry pavement. I don't ride on wet surfaces anymore.

Rain, only on the MTB or road bike stuff. BMX, I will only ride in the rain if I have no other choice.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/4/2013 8:46 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Snow does UNLESS I can shovel it off something and have dry pavement. I don't ride on wet surfaces anymore.

Rain, only on the MTB or road bike stuff. BMX, I will only ride in the rain if I have no other choice.

like what he said if i can shovel it off and have dry pavement, and rain always will

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

11/4/2013 9:13 AM

theres not street and a metal park where i live. So yeah, unless i feel like breaking my pelvis on metal ramps due to trying to right, yes, to some extent you could say the weather stops me.....

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/4/2013 9:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/4/2013 9:53 AM

I won't ride in the rain or the snow, if the weathers shit I usually go to a multi story carpark, or there's this bank under a bridge in town.

I hate riding in the rain, it ain't good for your bike either.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/4/2013 10:01 AM

What is this "snow & rain" you speak of ? tongue

I'd never ride in the rain, total turn off for me. But the day after it rains, as soon as it's dry, the streets are no better. love that shit.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

5/1/2014 1:36 PM

Don't mean to bump a dead thread but how the fuck did you manage a Footjam whip while it's pissing rain?

|

5/1/2014 1:53 PM

It does stop me ahaha.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/1/2014 1:59 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Its not really that it stops me i like riding in the rain but i have a retarded lung so if i get really cold its hard to breathe

I yhink the craziest weather I've ever ridden in (tried to ride in actually) was when i was at a friends house and the wind gusts where 80 mph soo

80 mph wind gusts? That's fast enough to (and I got this info from the National Weather Service) Peel roofs off house, break windows, overturn RVs and small mobile homes, and push moving cars off roads. That's the wind speed of an EF-1 tornado.

So in other words...
Photo

I think you exaggerated a bit lol. I did ride in wind with gusts up to 30 mph. I literally got blown over while doing a bunnyhop (no exaggeration). My wheels went out from under me in midair and I landed horizontally.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/1/2014 2:07 PM

yes, snow and rain certainly stops me lol. except for when i ride the outdoor park in my hometown which has a roof over it.

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

5/1/2014 2:29 PM

Shortdude wrote:

80 mph wind gusts? That's fast enough to (and I got this info from the National Weather Service) Peel roofs off house, break windows, overturn RVs and small mobile homes, and push moving cars off roads. That's the wind speed of an EF-1 tornado.

So in other words...
Photo

I think you exaggerated a bit lol. I did ride in wind with gusts up to 30 mph. I literally got blown over while doing a bunnyhop (no exaggeration). My wheels went out from under me in midair and I landed horizontally.

I live in a town where wind reach maybe 60mph, but in ¨Pais Vasco¨ and ¨Galicia¨ it can reach much more, like 150km/H.
SO i dont think its bullshit.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

5/1/2014 3:37 PM

That moment when everyone complains about too much rain and I'm here in a drought. I'm not allowed to get tap water, the well is almost dry. In winter it turns into a tundra. No precipitation.

|

5/1/2014 3:47 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Shortdude wrote:

So in other words...
Photo

T-rider wrote:

I live in a town where wind reach maybe 60mph, but in ¨Pais Vasco¨ and ¨Galicia¨ it can reach much more, like 150km/H.
SO i dont think its bullshit.

60 mph wind would cause minor roof damage and blow over and/or uproot small trees.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417

5/1/2014 4:40 PM

It doesnt. If you go with a rainstoper (por however the fuck that shit is called) you can fly lol

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

5/1/2014 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2014 4:56 PM

Well, rain is something rare where I live, even in the winter most of the days are sunny.
And I never saw snow in my entire life.

|

5/1/2014 5:20 PM

Only if its bad enough! Ive ridden in 15 degree weather and ihave shoveled about five skateparks because of snow.

|

SHIT HAPPENS

5/2/2014 8:40 AM

This thread jinxed me! I used to ride in rain/snow until I got a nice bike and took the brakes off. Stopping becomes quite dangerous on city hills...
Anyway yesterday I was reading through all these thinking "I'll never bike in the rain again...especially with my brand new bike!" then I took off riding across town to break in my new grips and cut bars all stoked...I rode right into a thunderstorm. Got completely soaked through my boxers and everything. I had a paper bag full of cookies and it got so wet the cookies fell through the bottom. I was so pissed. I had to wear my gf's pants all night while mine were drying haha

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

5/2/2014 9:27 PM

Most people choose not to ruin there bikes by riding them in shitty weather. Plus, youre asking to get some teeth knocked out.

|