double toptube frame from subrosa

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2016 3:05 PM

Just came across this

What do you guys think? Any opinion from old school guys?

|

2/20/2016 4:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2016 7:20 AM

I'd love to get my hands on one of the older subrosa DTT streets but they're hard to come by. I think it's awesome Subrosas bringing it back. Hopefully it'll be in a 20.5 or 20.75. I'd like it to be my next frame.

|

2/20/2016 4:49 PM

BoBo_Jenkins wrote:

I'd love to get my hands on one of the older subrosa DTT streets but they're hard to come by. I think it's awesome Subrosas ...more

are you the doritos bandit???

|

2/20/2016 4:59 PM

Had a Red Line RL-20 double TT
Loved that frame. It held up better then any other frame
Snapped a Torker frame. The welds were weak at the HT
Welds would be my biggest concern?
But love the looks of a double TT

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

2/21/2016 6:27 AM

I want one of the new haro masters. If subrosa does a flat dtt frame again I'd but it

|

It’s all bmx

2/23/2016 7:10 AM

Personally, i would just love getting a DTT frame. The problem are the looks of the current ones, even the prototype. They all hark back to old era, always the same idea and principle, all being changed is just geometry.

My personal changes to the Subrosa proto (to make it a bit spicier...give it a bit more...pizzaz...and welcome it to this century):

-Increase size of the DTTs and taper them (big at HT, smaller at dropouts)
-Ovalize the DTTs at the head tube (stiffer, more resistant, more sticker space, cost-effective, more contact surface, better weld and better load distribution-thence longer life)
- Get rid of the bracket in between the two tubes (bigger DTTs with taper and longer welding line near HT will sort out flex problems)
-Have the DTTs bend into the rear end BEFORE reaching the seat tube, cut notches into the seat tube to accommodate the DTTs (instead of just plainly having them move outwards), welding, then getting rid of the tube area inside to be able to slip in the post. This will keep the tubes parallel in the front section of the frame (which just looks sicker to my eye)
-Slightly boxed chain stays (helps with stability in chainstay grinds)
-A smooth V/U shaped bracket in front of the seat tube (place to put that inverted rose!) like the rear thing on the ALVX from BSD.
-Integrated chain tensionners

And finally, a 21.5 (or 21.45 or 21.25) option for the taller riders and a geometry suited to all aspects of the sport.

This would be my dream subrosa DTT frame... I would buy the first without thinking...

What do you think?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

2/23/2016 7:26 AM

A kid I was cruising with the other night was riding one of the subrosas. I didn't like the haro zippo too much in '99 but seeing it now it takes me back so I like it.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

2/23/2016 7:58 AM

These were available on danscomp in black and yellow w party splatter for a long long time up until recently. Surprised they're just getting noticed. I wanted one but no 21.25" option

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/23/2016 9:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2016 9:39 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

These were available on danscomp in black and yellow w party splatter for a long long time up until recently. Surprised ...more

Realy? Where I was at the time... Just find out with a bit of research. Cant find any review

|

2/23/2016 11:36 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

These were available on danscomp in black and yellow w party splatter for a long long time up until recently. Surprised ...more

Dans actually had to put these on sale just to get rid of them.

|

Legit

Oscar5788,Scramhype,SuperstarDK,Howlerfbm,AlexDanielP,KilledGlamour,notorious NIG,KYMIKE

2/23/2016 2:56 PM

There's always subrosa dtt on bmx museum

|

2/24/2016 12:36 AM

Its cool af I think, but I wouldnt get one unless it was for a second/later build

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/24/2016 6:10 PM

If the pricing was right and the geo hit close to what I want, I would consider it.

Not gonna go out of my way to get one though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura