driver problem

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2012 10:32 AM

so i have the ezra opus wheel and took the driver/axle out to clean out all the ground up metal inside from my chain rubbing it and put a little bit of light lube in it. now it is really squeaky and skips alot. i can put up a video tonight if that could help

|

1/8/2012 11:04 AM

ya put a video up

|

Just ride and stop being a DICK to the new kids

1/8/2012 6:09 PM

dude my bike is pissing me off, i cant even take the back wheel off now! videos almost up but there has always been shit wrong with my bike since ive had it im fucking mad

|

1/8/2012 6:11 PM

|

1/9/2012 9:59 AM

Did you put it together correctly? It shouldn't be skipping unless your pawls are shot, OR you put lube in that is too thick (heavy grease etc). I use Finish Line Wet Chain lube for mine usually, but just switched over to Ceramic Chain lube. Works awesome.

Lube your chain, make sure all bearings are where they should be. Make sure all moving parts have some lube, even rubber O-rings etc if there are some.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/9/2012 12:06 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Did you put it together correctly? It shouldn't be skipping unless your pawls are shot, OR you put lube in that is too thick (heavy grease etc). I use Finish Line Wet Chain lube for mine usually, but just switched over to Ceramic Chain lube. Works awesome.

Lube your chain, make sure all bearings are where they should be. Make sure all moving parts have some lube, even rubber O-rings etc if there are some.

This or it could be the chain is too wide for the driver it looks like it carved some of the hub away already that would make a squeaky noise too

|