dropouts bent over axle?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2013 5:32 PM

Ok well i just started grinding, and my brand new frame and forks bend bend bend. As i was changing my tube, my rear axle was stuck in my frame. I noticed my dropout was bent over the axle. Is there a way to fix this? And when i get a new frame should i get one that uses female hubs

|

7/2/2013 5:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2013 5:45 PM

can you put a picture up

|

7/2/2013 6:19 PM

every frame can use female dropouts, i think what you mean is enclosed drop outs. im guessing you have a stock frame with your wheel close to slammed. aftermarket frames generally have small drop outs so you can only move your wheel quarter inch. move your wheel back so your axle is near the back of the dropout. that will stop the bending.

|

7/3/2013 9:27 AM

ok thanks man. But i just snapped the drop out todaysad im looking to get a new frame, any ideas? I am thinking fiend tymorrow, or the embryo?

|

7/3/2013 9:28 AM

anything but fly

|

7/3/2013 9:40 AM

Get an FBM or an S&M

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/3/2013 10:16 AM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Get an FBM or an S&M

AMERICAN MADE!

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/3/2013 10:55 AM

Sounds like you have a cheap frame that doesn't have heat treated drop outs. Honestly any aftermarket frame will have heat treated drop outs nowadays. I like your idea of a Fiend Ty Morrow Frame. with new forks honestly i know you could get Fiend Forks to match the Frame or Forks with a pretty colour or whatever but honestly if you want the best & strongest Fork with the Best Warranty in BMX Get Odyssey Forks. R-32 for a "Standard, Relaxed" feeling bike or R-25 for a "Twitchier, Faster, More Reactive" feeling bike.. So...

Fiend Ty Morrow 21" (I don't know how tall you are but 21" is long enough for you to grow into if you're say 5'6"/5'7" range but fitted enough for you to ride right now for as long as you so please if you are 5'10"/5'11". However if you are 6"+ Get the 21.25")

Odyssey R-32 Fork (If you want a more "Relaxed, Standard" Feeling Fork)
OR
Odyssey R-25 Fork (If you want a Twitchier, Faster, More Reactive" Feeling Fork)

|

7/3/2013 11:13 AM

Topsey wrote:

Sounds like you have a cheap frame that doesn't have heat treated drop outs. Honestly any aftermarket frame will have heat ...more

Topsey speaks the truth!! Nothing compares to odyssey forks and the fiend Morrow would be the best choice in a frame right now.

|

7/3/2013 11:51 AM

ok thanks everyone who posted. I was debating wether to get 20.5" or 21" as Topsey said 21" i will grow into it as i am only 5"6. is the 21" a big difference in feel from a 20.5"?

|

7/3/2013 11:55 AM

zissi1300 wrote:

ok thanks everyone who posted. I was debating wether to get 20.5" or 21" as Topsey said 21" i will grow into it as i am only ...more

A bit diffrent but if it feels to big you could just get a shorter stem

|

7/3/2013 2:51 PM

I'd say 20.75, fbm

Odyssey f25 forks

|

It’s all bmx

7/3/2013 3:16 PM

zissi1300 wrote:

ok thanks everyone who posted. I was debating wether to get 20.5" or 21" as Topsey said 21" i will grow into it as i am only ...more

You're 5'6" so a 20.5" will be more fitted for you. The 21" will be a little too long for you right now & as i said you will grow into it but it depends how fast you grow it could fuck up your riding quite a lot. I would go for the 20.75" You have a longer frame than you have now but its still not a little too long for you right now. Also there is nothing wrong with being 5'10"/5'11" On a 20.75" I am pushing 6'1 & for most of this year i have been riding a 20" top tube. It's fun having a shorter top tube for Tech/Flatland stuff but for overall riding such a short top tube isn't great for the back haha. I'm running a 21.25" Top Tube now & i could probably go a little longer. Sorry i'm rambling lol. Basically get a 20.75" you can grow into it & still run it once you've got taller & once you're fully grown you can decide whether you want to replace it with another longer frame.

Stay Cool Buddy.

|