dumbest trick you ever attempted

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2013 11:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2013 11:51 PM

Whats the dumbest trick you ever tried? Like something you really weren't ready for and probably ended up on your ass... or worse. How early in your riding 'career' were you when to did it? Can you do that trick now with ease?

I've done it many times... I'm a bit of a nut sometimes, I get ahead of myself. Not lately, but that's how I was growing up and it carried over to my riding. ..dumbest thing I ever attempted was a hop barspin off a curb.. at night.. with zero know how at all. Was a few years back(i think on my first 'good' bmx', age 14 maybe), just on my way to a friend's house and went for it. Got no where near catching the bars, fell forward onto one end of the bar, my hip smashed into it with so much force that the other end bent into the street. It hurt like a fucker, but I was alright, didn't break anything. Holy fuck it hurt tho.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/1/2014 12:06 AM

I tried a fakie hang 5. I ended p with a fs fakie noseslide lol

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

1/1/2014 12:47 AM

I tried to do what i thinks called a surfer (where you jump up and stand on the seat and handlebars) and completely missed and landed on my back tire rolled me ankle and face planted

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/1/2014 12:47 AM

I had about 7 or 8 months of riding under my belt at this time, I was 14 at the moment about to turn 15, or just turned 15, one of the two..

there was this skate park rail that went from flat, to down like a handrail but had no steps. I double pegged it but didn't slide it very well, I figured that was good enough to attempt to feeble down it. I feebled a few bike racks before so I had some experience with feebling rails, but never a grind down one. I was also trying to show off a bit and did it without a camera on me or anything, just went for it and to my surprise I got on the feeble, then before I knew it my front slipped too far to the side and I flew over the bars and hit my head on the ground. Luckily I didn't get fucked up bad, had a headache for a few hours & a bump, but no concussion or anything. Could I do it now? Perhaps, I feebled down a steeper handrail at a skate park recently & slayed that. So I could probably pull it if that rail still existed, or at least not eat shit so bad.

Another dumb trick I did was double pegging the siding of the top of a parking garage, those things are FUCKING TALL. We were up there cause there was a nice little foot tall ledge & we were all grinding it, I was 15 at the time at had been riding just about a month under a year. The ledge was probably 6" or 7" over bar, probably 5" or 6" for today's standard of bars, and I was jokingly eying it up and this kid we were with who I didn't like at all says "You won't." which got me mad, so I fucking did it. I did it first try, didn't think about the drop on the other side and just did it. He goes "No fucking way holy shit!" and my friend pulls out his nice camera and wants me to do it again. I tried it like 15 times and couldn't get it, each time felt like I was taunting death cause I had horrible bike control. I just hucked myself up & over onto the ledge, could have easily leaned too far & not been able to catch myself. I finally pulled it and we got out of there. I didn't eat shit or anything, but that was seriously retarded to do that with my level of skill at the moment. I could do it now without fear of falling over, and likely even smith it. but still. here's a photo of me on it below, my friend with the good camera's SD card shit itself that night so I never got a good photo of it ): but I do have a video if anyone doesn't believe it haha

Photo

|

1/1/2014 12:50 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I had about 7 or 8 months of riding under my belt at this time, I was 14 at the moment about to turn 15, or just turned 15, one of the two..

there was this skate park rail that went from flat, to down like a handrail but had no steps. I double pegged it but didn't slide it very well, I figured that was good enough to attempt to feeble down it. I feebled a few bike racks before so I had some experience with feebling rails, but never a grind down one. I was also trying to show off a bit and did it without a camera on me or anything, just went for it and to my surprise I got on the feeble, then before I knew it my front slipped too far to the side and I flew over the bars and hit my head on the ground. Luckily I didn't get fucked up bad, had a headache for a few hours & a bump, but no concussion or anything. Could I do it now? Perhaps, I feebled down a steeper handrail at a skate park recently & slayed that. So I could probably pull it if that rail still existed, or at least not eat shit so bad.

Another dumb trick I did was double pegging the siding of the top of a parking garage, those things are FUCKING TALL. We were up there cause there was a nice little foot tall ledge & we were all grinding it, I was 15 at the time at had been riding just about a month under a year. The ledge was probably 6" or 7" over bar, probably 5" or 6" for today's standard of bars, and I was jokingly eying it up and this kid we were with who I didn't like at all says "You won't." which got me mad, so I fucking did it. I did it first try, didn't think about the drop on the other side and just did it. He goes "No fucking way holy shit!" and my friend pulls out his nice camera and wants me to do it again. I tried it like 15 times and couldn't get it, each time felt like I was taunting death cause I had horrible bike control. I just hucked myself up & over onto the ledge, could have easily leaned too far & not been able to catch myself. I finally pulled it and we got out of there. I didn't eat shit or anything, but that was seriously retarded to do that with my level of skill at the moment. I could do it now without fear of falling over, and likely even smith it. but still. here's a photo of me on it below, my friend with the good camera's SD card shit itself that night so I never got a good photo of it ): but I do have a video if anyone doesn't believe it haha

Photo

When does Ur next edit come out

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

1/1/2014 12:52 AM

I don't have balls but my mates learned a bunch of tech shit at the time , like smith's , feeble hard 180's , switch tricks , and just really amped themselves up in about a weeks time. I got disappointed so I called it out , I said "You guys can do trick but I can blast 360's (flyout) to fuck!" I pedal as fast as I could , and just completely fucking FLY , and I mean , I bombed at this bank. I go pull up being super scared , and get the rotation and almost landed it ! I was so stoked I kept trying.

Eventually after some HUGE slams I got a decent 360 done ! EVERYONE was completely amazed because it was a little bank and I NEVER ride hard , just for fun. It turns out I definately bruised both my hips until they were purple/blue , bruised my palms slapping the ground , and a shitload of cuts.

It turns out , that I pulled this 360 about 5 and a half feet high , which is a bit under my height (5.9) so it was pretty big. I loved the feeling and was so proud that I kept trying even after some huge slams. The lightpost right beside the runoff was about 9 feet tall and I went up over half that. The locals climbed up and and posted a sticker , dubbed Braydens 360 height haha ! I proved my friends I could be comfortable on a bike. No one has questioned my 360 abilities after that. I felt like Dan Lacey after his fat fucking 3 down sets !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/1/2014 3:01 AM

There's two things for me, neither of them were really that bad.

The first was the other day. There is this really steep ~20 Set at a local school which is really narrow. I was kind of bored so I decided to ride down it. About halfway through I went down a step and my bike sort of bounced up and I went down the rest with my bike between my legs bouncing on each stair and my feet on the ground trying to stop. I ended up managing to get all the way down and I then fell at the bottom. It didn't hurt at all but it could of gone really bad. If I hadn't had brakes to slow down it would of no doubt been worse as well.

The other was a few weeks ago. I was riding a 7ft Halfpipe and I did a few late 180s, where you turn slightly the other way in the air before spinning the actual spin. I then decided to do an Alley-Oop Late 180, so I was already facing the wrong direction and I turned a bit more that way before doing the actual spin. I was so close to not spinning around enough and I would of fell 7ft on to my face.

|

1/1/2014 7:51 AM

I've seen this Trick done before & I had Bar's down quite well & Crank Flips were properly hit & miss! Well I've seen a guy do this on a Wedge. So I Hopped threw the Bars & Kicked the Cranks & pretty much lost the entire Bike. One hand on the Bars, Feet went down perfectly on the ground, No biggy I'm out of it right?! Nope! Tyres hit the floor & the Bike bounces upwards! You've all seen My Seat Height fluctuates & is NEVER Slammed! So errr, The Bike bounced upwards with My Seat going straight up between My Legs! I got Bollockated BIG Time!! It Hurt! I Hit the Floor & clipped My Head on My Fucking fence post on the way down! Lost My Glasses & Ate Shit! Laying on the floor groaning reaching around for My Glasses! Wasn't the best of days & I've never, ever tried it again!...

|

1/1/2014 8:07 AM

It was a year or two ago, before crankslides had really become hot shit and only a few dudes were really doing them. I had learned feebles, decided I didn't like pegs, and took mine off so I was pegless, but everyone was seshoning this flatrail. I didn't want to do bolt grinds so I called it out "crankslide bitches." Rolled up to the rail at about 2 mph, hop, bitch out. OK. Now I really want to try it so I roll up at 2 mph again, hop, get my crank on, hold it perfect. Only problem is I was going to slow to hit the end of the rail. So here I am, thinking I am now the master of crankslides, since I balanced right. So I roll up at about 10 mph, and I'm like "fuck yeah man I'm gonna make this shit!" I get on the rail, lean to far back, and hit my head and left ass cheek on the rail, and then my right cheek on the ground. Definatly bruised my tailbone, possibly broke it (I could hardly walk for a few days) and couldn't ride for a few weeks. I have never tried crank arm grinds again.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/1/2014 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 10:48 AM

tbog on a ditch flyout when i wasnt even confident with one handers
pushed on the seat (super dipped), landed super nose heavy, went otb, and smacked my face on hard dirt
another time i hit a dirt jump with way too much speed, lost the pedals mid air, and got a full nutter butter on the toptube landing no foot to flat

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/1/2014 10:50 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I don't have balls but my mates learned a bunch of tech shit at the time , like smith's , feeble hard 180's , switch tricks , and just really amped themselves up in about a weeks time. I got disappointed so I called it out , I said "You guys can do trick but I can blast 360's (flyout) to fuck!" I pedal as fast as I could , and just completely fucking FLY , and I mean , I bombed at this bank. I go pull up being super scared , and get the rotation and almost landed it ! I was so stoked I kept trying.

Eventually after some HUGE slams I got a decent 360 done ! EVERYONE was completely amazed because it was a little bank and I NEVER ride hard , just for fun. It turns out I definately bruised both my hips until they were purple/blue , bruised my palms slapping the ground , and a shitload of cuts.

It turns out , that I pulled this 360 about 5 and a half feet high , which is a bit under my height (5.9) so it was pretty big. I loved the feeling and was so proud that I kept trying even after some huge slams. The lightpost right beside the runoff was about 9 feet tall and I went up over half that. The locals climbed up and and posted a sticker , dubbed Braydens 360 height haha ! I proved my friends I could be comfortable on a bike. No one has questioned my 360 abilities after that. I felt like Dan Lacey after his fat fucking 3 down sets !

sounds like me when i was trying to get 180's on flyout at our ditch
i smacked myself silly all day overrotating to 270 until i started landing em

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

1/1/2014 10:59 AM

i was trying a j hop on flat and i fell and it hurt and i never tried it again.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

1/1/2014 11:20 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

What's a "J Hop" ?????wassat

|

1/1/2014 11:22 AM

Mikel8149 wrote:

Topsey wrote:

What's a "J Hop" ?????wassat

i think its 2 wheels off the ground at the same time (aka noob hop)
he is being sarcastic

|

1/1/2014 1:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2014 2:15 PM

@sundaybmxRR, you nut! hahah that's dope! I remember having a parking garage sesh a long time ago too, and wanted to double peg a wall just like the one you did, but those bitch friends of mine talked me out of it. Luckily you didn't die n shit. Cuz death is bad for your health n stuff. lol

Actually there was another time when we climbed the roof of the local mall to ride. There wasn't much, but this steep ass bank to bank pocket sort of thing.. it was pretty much the edge of the building. That time I didn't bother to tell anyone. Hauled some ass and pulled a sick alley-oop pocket air. I had a couple more goes at it after the initial fear was gone. Damn we should have recorded or snapped a pic that day. Musta been funny for the people parking their cars, seeing a fucking BMXer flying out the top of the roof.

I've gotta get these bitches to go back with me and do it again sometime so i can record it.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

1/1/2014 1:51 PM

Back in the day I used to do candy bar landers over box jumps ....won second place in my first contest at 13 with that trick......I'm to old and unflexible to do it anymore

|

1/1/2014 6:08 PM

I took a break from biking and then.. I jumped on my friends and tried a surfer? Both feet on top tube.. I went for it I got it but it was sketch.. I was also going down a hill at the time.. Then I jumped back, missed pedals and sacked myself on the seat

|

Bang Bang bmx

1/1/2014 6:38 PM

One time i decided to ghost feeble a curb that went down a parking garage ramp, all was going well till i was about 2/3 of the way down and i had stopped paying attention to my front wheel, needless to say big mistake. My front wheel slipped off, my bike turned 90 degrees sending my flying down the ramp, i landed on the curb bruising the crap out of my ribs and came within 6 inches of getting hit by a car. csb

|

1/1/2014 10:59 PM

Last year I tried to euro tabe over a stairset and land in a bank on the other side, i'd never done a euro before but I figured they look easy enough so why not.

so i'm hauling ass real fast, up the bank pop a sweet euro over the set which went surprisingly well, but I'd held the euro for too long and didn't have time to land rubber side down and ate it hard, my bike bounced into the air and then came down landed on my face. Lots of blood and embarrassment, It was no fun, lesson learnt.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/2/2014 10:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 10:32 AM

Remember the "Neu-flip" that blew everyone away a year or so ago? I tried that back in about 2003. Got it 3/4 around, one hand on. Kinda wish I would have kept at it, that would have been sweet. Never tried again.

No footed barspins were done kind of as a joke. I did a 1 footed bar, landed it. Seth Peterson (Sunday Bikes) jokingly said "Do it no footed".

6 tries later I landed it clean to the pedals.

Tried double whips twice before I could even do a single whip. Not sure why. Never tried again.

I was stupid back in like 02-04, I wanted to flip so badly I considered just hucking it. It scared me so I didn't until I got access to a foam pit, and thank God I didn't. First attempts into foam I barely landed on my back. After that it was upside-down like 20 times. Took me 3 solid hours of nothing but trying flips to get them around. I had them to the point of landing wheels down in the foam like it was nothing. Still never done one not into a foam pit.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/2/2014 10:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 10:53 AM

I've always been pretty calculated when it comes to riding and trying new things (or maybe I'm just a giant pussy) but I rarely, if ever, try something I'm not comfortable with. Though I have a friend whom I can't say the same about.

Jake Muras had a short stint on the Stranger Grassroots program, while getting the strange hookup, he mostly rode his bike with a very unique and spot-oriented style, but this wasn't always the case, for the longest time, Jake rode balls to the wall & full speed ahead at all times, sending huge gaps left and right and always riding with a ton of speed. He'd handle some big rails here and there, but flying through the air was always more his forte.

Then the day came when Jake tried something a bit out of his comfort zone (especially when a nearby janitor/security guard is nearby and hell-bent on kicking you out). Jake got a little ahead of himself and tried this massive down-flat-down rail. It was like 6 stairs down, maybe 10 feet of flat, then nearly 20 stairs down! Jake was sweating the setup real hard, and we were close to getting kicked out of the school, but he was determined and just sent it without much calculation.

He went waaaayyy too fast, caught a little air off the flat of the rail, and by the time his pegs touch the down part of the rail his weight was just off. He literally summersaulted down the 20-stair and nearly cracked his skull open on the flat-bottom. (If it wasn't for a tiny 3-foot wall that back got pinned against, all of the fall would be straight to his head). It's hard to explain exactly how this 3-foot saved his life, but it most certainly did.

The entire point of this point was to show the footage of the crash (which has strangely disappeared from my YouTube Channel.... Sorry guys, I'll update this/make another post if I somehow come across it. The lesson I learned that day was to never do something that far out of your comfort zone, unless you want to risk serious injury. There is a definite difference between knowing you're ready to do something (even if you're scared), and just sending something that you're truly not ready for...

For an example of the kind of riding that got him hooked up with Stranger, watch this.

Safe to say, this is the last time jake really went this big..

|

1/2/2014 12:07 PM

^sweet edit. Did he break that bench in the last clip? I noticed the milk carton under it haha

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim