easy way to install mid bb, with out press ??

Related:
Create New Tag

7/25/2013 10:20 AM

what the easiest way to install a mid BB, with out a press of some sort

|

sponsored by: Banz Grind Wax

BIKE CHECK

7/25/2013 10:23 AM

A board and a mallet.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/25/2013 10:40 AM

what chuck said

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/25/2013 10:58 AM

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

7/25/2013 12:15 PM

I've used my cranks to install a BB twice. If you don't have a stubborn BB then they slide in with very little effort. I just threw everything on the spindle in the right order and started tightening.

|

7/25/2013 12:30 PM

Fad3r wrote:

I've used my cranks to install a BB twice. If you don't have a stubborn BB then they slide in with very little effort. I just threw everything on the spindle in the right order and started tightening.

Yeah, if your screw or bolt is long enough, and you make sure the bearing starts correctly, that would be fine. But I would not recommend that to someone on their first installation. If you don't have at least three full turns on the bolt before it starts to get snug, you could pull the threads off the bolt or out of the spindle. For someone with a good bit of experience though, not a big deal.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

7/25/2013 12:32 PM

I always Freeze my bearings first, it causes the metal to shrink a little bit, helping them slide easier. Then grease the outside lightly so it slides in even easier. Then get a 2x4 and a hammer and pound that motherfucker in.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

7/25/2013 12:33 PM

Chuck8273 wrote:

A board and a mallet.

What the man said.
Just hammer that bitch in.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/25/2013 12:53 PM

things you'll need: rubber mallet or regular hammer and a piece of two by four

heres how its done first flip your bike upside down, then grease the inside of the b.b shell, place one of the bearing in the shell push on it with your hand maybe give it a slap or two depending on how manly your hands are, then stand over the bike with the rear end between your legs use your legs to keep it from moving, then tap it in evenly with the rubber mallet or hammer wood combo until its all the way in, then take the spindle with one of the crank arms installed slide it in, then grease the other side if not done yet then place the internal bb spacer on to the spindle then slid the other bearing on keep the spindle in there but only have it creeping in the bearing like a turtle head then begin tapping the bearing in this will make sure that the internal bb spacer doesn't fall inside the frame

i put mine on like this every time (:

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/25/2013 1:02 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

things you'll need: rubber mallet or regular hammer and a piece of two by four

heres how its done first flip your bike upside down, then grease the inside of the b.b shell, place one of the bearing in the shell push on it with your hand maybe give it a slap or two depending on how manly your hands are, then stand over the bike with the rear end between your legs use your legs to keep it from moving, then tap it in evenly with the rubber mallet or hammer wood combo until its all the way in, then take the spindle with one of the crank arms installed slide it in, then grease the other side if not done yet then place the internal bb spacer on to the spindle then slid the other bearing on keep the spindle in there but only have it creeping in the bearing like a turtle head then begin tapping the bearing in this will make sure that the internal bb spacer doesn't fall inside the frame

i put mine on like this every time (:

thanks, i will try this

|

BIKE CHECK

7/25/2013 1:56 PM

I just gently tap mine in with a hammer, but go in a circular motion. Not the best way, but I'm careful enough with it that it doesn't seat sideways or damage the frame. Rmember, tap it in..just tap it in...tap taparoo. Lol

|

7/25/2013 3:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2013 3:15 PM

I installed my mid bottom bracket with something called the search bar.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/25/2013 3:27 PM

Use one of them dead blow hammers or what ever (that have the plastic on the end).

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

7/25/2013 4:48 PM

Four wrote:

I installed my mid bottom bracket with something called the search bar.

haha fuckin BOOOOOOM on the search bar... the best tool on vital.

|

7/25/2013 4:49 PM

high five four!!!!

|

7/25/2013 4:53 PM

greenbastard wrote:

high five four!!!!

High five!!!!

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/25/2013 5:02 PM

Photo
|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/25/2013 5:07 PM

id give you a chest pump than a high five. fuck it anyone who wants a chesty and a fiver can have one. THATS the fuckin mood im in

|

7/25/2013 5:20 PM

greenbastard wrote:

id give you a chest pump than a high five. fuck it anyone who wants a chesty and a fiver can have one. THATS the fuckin mood im in

[LINK TO IMAGE]
|

7/26/2013 4:01 AM

-Havok- wrote:

I just gently tap mine in with a hammer, but go in a circular motion. Not the best way, but I'm careful enough with it that it doesn't seat sideways or damage the frame. Rmember, tap it in..just tap it in...tap taparoo. Lol

Happy Gilmore is a good movie

|

BIKE CHECK