you can take the wheel apart without removing the tire, actually pretty cool
http://digbmx.mpora.com/news/eclat-jaw-rim/

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

10/15/2012 6:05 PM

ehh idk about that... def not good for dirt riders

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

10/15/2012 6:24 PM

Seems like something Eastern would have done years ago with the holes cut in it haha.

but idk how I feel about it. It's nice if you're constantly breaking spokes I guess. also seems like you don't need a rim strip as well

|

10/15/2012 6:32 PM

Heard about this ages ago, my feelings are meh.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

10/15/2012 8:40 PM

yea saw this at last years interbike then it disappeared and i didnt see it at this interbike. crazy design

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

10/15/2012 10:33 PM

Getting a pebble in there would be rediculously annoying.

|

10/15/2012 10:55 PM

looks ugly

|

10/15/2012 10:56 PM

andrew rs wrote:

Getting a pebble in there would be rediculously annoying.

This

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/16/2012 7:33 AM

It's interesting to hear about how bmx companies are not innovative, then one does something innovative it gets poo-pooed.

I think the chance of getting a pebble in there would be ridiculously slim. I mean, there are 36 holes to get the pebble out if you ever did. Not good for dirt riders? How's that? Dirt gonna get in there too? Dirt is even smaller than pebbles. If you get any in there, blow it out, shoots some water in there and clean it out. What, dirt's gonna get in there and all the sudden your bike don't work on trails?

Now, does that mean I think this Jaw rim should be a standard for bmx? No. To me all it seems to do is eliminate taking your tire off for rebuilding a wheel. But, if you broke just one spoke it seems like you could replace it without even taking your wheel off the bike. I don't have issues with my wheels in the first place so...

I saw in the other photos that the side wall of the rim is angled. I would what that does for people that use brakes. I wonder if your brake pads could get lodged in there.

|

10/16/2012 8:20 AM

Fondue wrote:

It's interesting to hear about how bmx companies are not innovative, then one does something innovative it gets poo-pooed.

I think the chance of getting a pebble in there would be ridiculously slim. I mean, there are 36 holes to get the pebble out if you ever did. Not good for dirt riders? How's that? Dirt gonna get in there too? Dirt is even smaller than pebbles. If you get any in there, blow it out, shoots some water in there and clean it out. What, dirt's gonna get in there and all the sudden your bike don't work on trails?

Now, does that mean I think this Jaw rim should be a standard for bmx? No. To me all it seems to do is eliminate taking your tire off for rebuilding a wheel. But, if you broke just one spoke it seems like you could replace it without even taking your wheel off the bike. I don't have issues with my wheels in the first place so...

I saw in the other photos that the side wall of the rim is angled. I would what that does for people that use brakes. I wonder if your brake pads could get lodged in there.

I'm guessing its a front wheel only. And who wants to be out riding get a rock in there, then try to fish it out? Not me. I'll take an extra 2MIN to take my tires off before I buy that rim. It's soo hard to do(sarcasm). And as for dirt, yeah because I want to clean that shit out too, please Éclat make my bike higher maintenance because I don't work on it enough.

|

10/16/2012 9:09 AM

andrew rs wrote:

I'm guessing its a front wheel only. And who wants to be out riding get a rock in there, then try to fish it out? Not me. I'll take an extra 2MIN to take my tires off before I buy that rim. It's soo hard to do(sarcasm). And as for dirt, yeah because I want to clean that shit out too, please Éclat make my bike higher maintenance because I don't work on it enough.

Er ner! Mer birk gert dirty!

|

10/16/2012 9:12 AM

Here ya go. No holes at all and completely maintenance free.

Photo

|

10/16/2012 9:13 AM

Fondue wrote:

Er ner! Mer birk gert dirty!

Oooo noooooeeeessss I gotta take my tire off when I break spokes.

All in good fun, could really give a shit less about this rim or conversation, I'm bored.

|

10/16/2012 9:14 AM

Fondue wrote:

Photo

I'd ride it... All fucking day. It's all about fun, not looking cool with holes in my rims.

|

10/16/2012 9:26 AM

If u took the time to read ul u would know that its supposed to be a brakeless rim for fron or rear

Stop haring on it becuase when u finally see it in person ull think its awsome
Its an awsome design that took eclat alot of time and hard work, at leadt respect it.

|

Refs: 36 + (i forgot a few)!! ScramHype (x2) , TCbmx.(x4), Ecuadevil (x3), Lee Rager (please dont delete me) x3, Futurefbm, genisis,netti spagetti, carjakester,BMX-\1995/, showtime402 (x2), 562_Rider , SuperstarDk (x2), Kurt4413, Joe green (x2), Dee hos, Spenlard,roqfan,Stolen Cherry, ninjacat33, Broughton, also local deals with Droogskull, and jbeaton13

10/16/2012 10:18 AM

not sure about it i personally would't buy it i mean sometimes you gotta keep things classic

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

10/16/2012 10:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2012 10:46 AM

I can care less about the holes on the side. I'm more interested in the shape of the rim itself. Like pretend that it didn't have those holes for easy access... Are those slanted side walls doing anything special? I personaly like that shape, it looks beefy.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

10/16/2012 10:33 AM

Warchol2 wrote:

If u took the time to read ul u would know that its supposed to be a brakeless rim for fron or rear

Stop haring on it becuase when u finally see it in person ull think its awsome
Its an awsome design that took eclat alot of time and hard work, at leadt respect it.

you bitches heard the man.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/16/2012 10:43 AM

Warchol- just because you said that, I love these rims for lazy ass people.

Andy- Right

BMXism- that's actually a good way to look at it, if it can be stronger than a 7ka or Ribcage I'll be much more interested in it. But I doubt this is the case.

Broken- I mean, I guess I have no fucking respect for company's that have been around for less than ten years.... Geeze old people these days...

|

10/16/2012 12:03 PM

andrew rs wrote:

Warchol- just because you said that, I love these rims for lazy ass people.

Andy- Right

BMXism- that's actually a good way to look at it, if it can be stronger than a 7ka or Ribcage I'll be much more interested in it. But I doubt this is the case.

Broken- I mean, I guess I have no fucking respect for company's that have been around for less than ten years.... Geeze old people these days...

im not old.... at least that old. Eclat rims are super strong. the spokes sit further on the rim so its going to make it more sturdy also its cross-laced i believe just like Gsports.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

10/16/2012 12:05 PM

I actually really like the look of them, more the slanted sidewalls but still they look sweet

|

10/16/2012 1:22 PM

I doubt a pebble is going to get stuck in while your riding the wheels are spinning fast and chances of getting a rock in there is really small

|

10/16/2012 1:33 PM

because taking the tire off is such a hassle.

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

10/16/2012 1:34 PM

the more i think of this the more i love the idea, the slanted walls and offset spokes should make it strong, pebbles wont get stuck in there unless you bury your bike in gravel, and it's super easy to change a spoke or 2 if you need too. i'd buy em.

|

10/16/2012 6:25 PM

Fondue wrote:

Photo

thats what she said

|

10/16/2012 6:25 PM

want that rim more than anything

|

10/16/2012 10:28 PM

I like the looks of it, and the ability to change a spoke or two quickly is sweet. As far as the pebble or rock goes, Murphy says it will happen. And if you have them for three months and brag about how it can't happen, you'll hear one the next time you ride, haha

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

10/17/2012 4:34 AM

People are probably not used to seeing it but who knows maybe in a few years this will become a trend for all BMX companies.

|

10/26/2012 3:13 PM

I think the holes are a good idea, but I also thing they look fucking stupid. (same case as Directors)
The really wide cross lacing is nice. the OG fly is the only other rim that has the spokes set that wide.

I like it.

|

10/26/2012 4:42 PM

I will be purchasing these rims.

|