eerrrrrggggg I am confused.... Some Insight Please?

Related:
Create New Tag

5/29/2014 10:22 AM

So, as much as I want to buy the Fit Wifi, my DK Machine Frame works perfectly fine... here are my issues....

**QUICK NOTE** I am riding a gyro on my DK, but if I got the Wifi I could get my shop to drill it for tabs ** QUICK NOTE**

My DK Machine Frame is still perfectly fine...
-The geo on it works perfectly fine for me whether it be street, park, possibly even dirt/trails

- Although it has a standard head tube, I can just get this >> https://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/301014/Mechanik_STI_Sealed_Headset.html

-Tire clearance is no issue, it does not fit HUGE tires, but could easily fit a 60mm or just slightly larger inflated width tire, because it does fit my 2.3 (59mm inflated) Primo WLT, FULLY inflated and SLAMMED, 60 or slightly larger if pulled back, I am running brakes right now with my WLT, these are not very clearance friendly brakes either... So all in all this frame does have GOOD clearance.

- One thing specific to the geometry is the Head Tube Angle, I am pretty sure the DK has a 74.5*, because when I had my Colony Premise Frame, which had a 75.2* I rode my DK again cause I got bored one night and it felt SUPER mellow, so I knew that if my Colony's frame was only .2* past 75*, the DK had to be a 74.5*............. What I am getting at is, the 74.5* HTA works great for me, I have no issues, whenever I try dialing in nose manuals, I do fall over the bars a few times here and there, which yes falling is never fun, but that opened up the fact that I do not really need a 75.5* HTA because I still had optimal leverage with the 74.5*.... Another note about the leverage, I did some math and the area my bar height is in, with my 8 Inch Fit High Bars, Colony TL, and extra spacers I had about just barely over 10 inches of rise, along with my bars a tad more forward.

As much as I WANT the Wifi, should I really get the frame?

The Wifi is nice, but I am already used to, and pretty comfortable on my DK Machine, I DO want to get some different parts, like, a more comfortable seat (Either the United Beacon XL, Shadow Crow Mid Pivotal, Demo Markit, or Federal Fat Logo Pivotal), a new and somewhat longer seat post, a new seat clamp because mine is almost done, a new bottom bracket because the bearings are shutting down on me... they are just really old, a new front wheel.... or I would just rebuild my Shadow Rant Front Hub to a new set of spokes and rim, and a few others here and there...

So, I am honestly confused about not being able to make a decision one way or the other, my DK rides just fine, and holds up just fine, it has DOUBLE gussets, but the WIFI seems like a nice frame to have.... Should I just go with getting new stuff first, wait on the frame, or get the frame decision out of the way first, and get parts as I go along?

Sorry for the long post but I am just really confused on all of this.

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

5/29/2014 10:37 AM

You're over thinking this. If you want to get the WiFi then get it, if you think the DK frame is good enough then don't buy the WiFi.

|

5/29/2014 10:59 AM

If you really want a new frame figure out what is important to you. Seems like you like/adjusted to your current geo so I would personally get a better frame with close specs to what you have now or find one with the adjustments you like. Check out FBM they have a pretty wide range are most a laid back geo with quality that cant be beat

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

5/29/2014 1:25 PM

For what you have said... dont get it.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

5/29/2014 2:05 PM

What did i just read...

|

5/29/2014 2:13 PM

It would be a good upgrade

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/29/2014 2:28 PM

keep the dk. may as well stick with something that you are used to instead of switching to something very different and compromising progression while you get used to the wifi. that retrofit headset thing looks pretty cool, probably worth the money. you should look at your frame closely for any cracks and such. if it does have any then maybe a new frame would be good cus you don't want your frame snapping at a very inconvenient time. that old saying: if its not broke, don't fix it.

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

5/29/2014 4:09 PM

upgrade your parts, not your frame.

|

Bike Check

Refs: ScramHype, bstick, and Brokenbmx

5/29/2014 4:17 PM

I thought you just got the brand new colony like a few months ago?

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine